Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:55 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: do not be a victim of OKPAY  (Read 1937 times)
feebs (OP)

Activity: 78
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:13:53 AM

i sent my $2000 to okpay last nov. 4, 2013 - to this day Dec. 9, 2013 i still do not have my money, their customer support plunge to hell once i sent my money, meaning they do not respond to emails/support tickets/etc - this is a scammer company used by btc-e and mtgox be very careful with these large bitcoin exchange and do not be scammed with okpay's low commissions
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:28:00 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I have a choice of paying with PerfectMoney, Payeer and Okpay to an exchange.
Not sure, which one to use.

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
BitcoinHeroes

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:54:39 AM

I used okpay once and had no problem... did you contact the admin??
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:35:43 PM

admin is nowhere to be seen in their website

you now have to use their support ticket system for them to put you on queue for their customer support from hell to answer you

my support ticket started 1st week of nov. 2013, and they replied twice only saying:

"our finance dept is checking, there seems to be an error..." -they do not tell me any specifics

why do i consider myself a victim of scam?

here are the answers:

1) my $2000 is still not credited to my okpay wallet after more than 30 days without any legitimate reasons as to why
2) okpay's customer support fell silent once i told them i sent money by wire transfer (only giving a vague answer as i stated above)
3) new support ticket request are arbitrarily deleted by okpay
4) their 1 phone number is an answering machine
5) their address is conveniently a p.o. box in the british virgin island (where they are unreachable by authorities)
6) complaints posted in their forum is deleted every 1-12 hours - all postings in their forum are meant to give okpay a good reputation
7) there are other victims here in bitcointalk.org, in reddit.com, ripoffreport.com

i am posting this to save others from suffering a financial loss due to this "selective" scammer okpay.com
Menahem

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:06:13 PM

don't use okpay, Perfect Money is much better
justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:11:56 PM

I did an internation wire transfer to OKPAY on Dec 2, my OKPAY is still not credited...

I opened a support ticket last friday, no response from them...

i am worried...
Exther

Activity: 45

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:18:29 PM

OKPAY fees are good for a payment processor but this is just too much of ignoring to their customers.anyway if you were scammed for this much maybe it's opening a lawsuit if there are similar cases or trying to reverse the transfer?
-X-RaTeD-

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:29:46 PM

Thank you for the heads up, I will steer clear
ReBoRn

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Bitcoin will survive

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:54:05 PM

Thanks for the heads up. I have a choice of paying with PerfectMoney, Payeer and Okpay to an exchange.
Not sure, which one to use.

perfect money and payoneer are the best companies you can trust them very good support also

-X-RaTeD-

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:44:26 PM

Thanks for the recomendations.

I had a Liberty Reserve account like 3 years ago... imagine my surprise to find out it shut down half a year ago.
feebs (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:50:34 AM

sorry to hear it for those who sent money to okpay

for me i accepted the fact that its a loss of $2000 - no company will ignore you for money you sent to them in the amount of $2000 or any amount for that matter

this is a SCAMMER COMPANY - AVOID OKPAY, many people like me are lured by low commission and the possibility of doing arbitrage but thats not going to happen because this shit of a company okpay will keep your wired funds and there is no way to get it back - they are hiding in the british virgin island and that declared address in their website is not even confirmed by any 3rd party

some folks are surprise to see this post because they sent money and things went right, well it didnt go right for me and some folks and that MAKES OKPAY A SCAMMER COMPANY WHO IGNORES PEOPLE OF MONEY SENT TO THEM

with my experience with okpay the scammer company - I WILL NO LONGER USE ANY KIND OF COMPANY SIMILAR TO OKPAY - these are companies like egopay, payoneer, etc.. you name it, they are all listed in "option to deposit" in btc-e.com

no one regulates these companies.... they can do whatever shit they like .. like taking my money and ignoring me
justforbtc

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:07:57 AM

I got my money on Dec 24, 22 days since I did the transfer.

I did an internation wire transfer to OKPAY on Dec 2, my OKPAY is still not credited...

I opened a support ticket last friday, no response from them...

i am worried...
A1ty

Activity: 59

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 05:36:03 AM

I've never been too sure about that site... Has your problem been solved OP
Smileyftw

Activity: 70

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:42:16 AM

Okay feebs I will be not a victim of OKPAY !
Carlitos714

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 10:00:07 AM

Thank you for the heads up. Great place to post this so many of us noob wont get ripped off!

Let's color the MOON: Y6k7wiCrSH1D7xSsGNxBBoxfDYJS38RYrs
feebs (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:14:01 PM

more than 50 days now, i got 4 replies from okpay, all replies are the same "our finance department is checking some issue" - such issue is not being informed to me, out of their 4 replies i made probably 100 messages... so its really a no brainer if you want to use okpay or not

again my loss in okpay is 2k usd... do not use okpay

it is with great surprise that you will see okpay as an option to deposit in mtgox and btc-e, it tarnishes the reputation of those 2 major bitcoin exchange
BetterWebSys

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 04:19:39 PM

We used OKPay for our KnCMIner, no problems
Doger33

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:02:51 PM

2k$ is an extreme amount of money, considering they are not responding they do seem like a bunch of scammers. Imagine standing at the checkout of a Supermarket buying an 60" Tv, giving them the Money and they wont allow you to take the TV with you....
sscultima

Activity: 19

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:26:49 PM

i also used OKPAY once, performed a wire transfer to my bank, was about $700 and never received it, all my info was right, and i should have received it with no issues.

gave me the run around and then said that i would need to have something like $40 in my account to perform a search for the missing money. site is a scam, why should i have to pay them to look for something that should have been sent properly after i made sure that my info was correct for the wire transfer?
feebs (OP)

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 05:38:03 PM

all positive comments okpay is getting are coming from paid / salaried seo idiots based somewhere in india / thailand / you name it - low cost country to buy seo services....
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: