Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 12:32:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BITMAIN's BM1380 chip is open for ordering. 10,000 chips for 99.9BTC, 3.6BTC/TH  (Read 19616 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:01:32 PM

Hmm

awfull pricing comparing my project

the wafer cost is 3k,with aprox 3k chips so their cost price is aprox 10k

and noone is interested in participating in my 65 nm at cost price

crazy folks

Because it is not open source dude. your business model is not much different than Asic one.
You get the technology with  our money invested we eventually get good praise from today point's of view and we are going probably to loose our investments from tomorrow point of view

who said it s not opensource?

i ve uploaded all the needed files for the pcb and else
Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
papamoi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:51:51 PM

Hmm

crazy folks

Because it is not open source dude. your business model is not much different than Asic one.
You get the technology with  our money invested we eventually get good praise from today point's of view and we are going probably to loose our investments from tomorrow point of view

Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

So you  think he is going to give you access to gds and the mask?

hmm
please confirm with them as i would be interested also if this is the case
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:04:24 PM

Hmm

crazy folks

Yeah like avalon competition for Open source PCB I can get the pcb and have the schematics. What i want to have is the PIC software. Have you seen a single participant who uploaded his software in competition - NO i gues same as me. The open source is Klondike project only and nothing else from my point of view.  - Speaking of The ASIC excuse my competence BUT what i mean like open source is you to publish all asic Related Files which are needed for us so that no matter how stupid we are when we go to Fabric and say for instance i wanna have this chip they to be able to produce it. Did you understand what i am up to. But you stated that this aint gona happen if I remember correctly right?

So you  think he is going to give you access to gds and the mask?

hmm
please confirm with them as i would be interested also if this is the case

No he want of course but the difference is
1. He invested own money or at least not collected from community
2. He does not claim that he is open source he is here for the businesses. No doubt about that
3. The magic word open source means nothing anymore

Can I ask you if you claim to be open why you are not giving your mask and GDS and mask to the community
I know do not answer it is NDA shit or you paid cheaper to cut the costs or million reasons which has nothing to do with opensource and most probably is a bulshit

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:16:37 PM

That datasheet is extremely limited. Do you have a timeline on an updated on with information on the communications protocol and register descriptions, as well as the firmware for the control board?
Cheshyr

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:45:05 PM

That datasheet is extremely limited. Do you have a timeline on an updated on with information on the communications protocol and register descriptions, as well as the firmware for the control board?
Agreed; the datasheet will need a little more detail for us DIYers.
loshia
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:59:40 AM

Agreed; the datasheet will need a little more detail for us DIYers.
+1

nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:03:51 AM

watching to see if this becomes a reality.
giletto

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:19:51 PM

Bitmain, i send you a PM about the chips, can you please take 2 minute and answer?

█████
                       █████████████
                    █████████████
                ██████████████        █████
             █████████████        ████████████
         ██████████████        █████████████
      █████████████        █████████████       ██████
      ██████████        ████████████           ██████
      ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
      ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
      ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
      █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
      █████████████       █████████████        ██████
      ██████████       █████████████           ██████
      ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
      ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
      ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
      ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
      ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
      ██████           █████████████       ██████████
      ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                █████████████       █████████████
             ████████████        █████████████
                 ████         ████████████
                          █████████████
                        ███████████
                           █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications
BITMAIN (OP)

Activity: 741
Merit: 514

https://www.bitmain.com

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:26:25 PM

Bitmain, i send you a PM about the chips, can you please take 2 minute and answer?

Thanks and PM answered.

Updated with a newly added policy, Paying extra 10% can accelerate the lead time to 4 weeks.

We have already made the documents we think is completed for building a miner with our chip. We will send to some community member to review for two or three days, and we can know whether there is something that will make other EE confused or hard to understand. Then we release all the documents to the public.

Cloud Mining? Just Go to Hashnest.com          Best Liquidity   Lowest Price   100% Real Mining Back Up
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:42:22 PM

Thanks and PM answered.

Updated with a newly added policy, Paying extra 10% can accelerate the lead time to 4 weeks.

We have already made the documents we think is completed for building a miner with our chip. We will send to some community member to review for two or three days, and we can know whether there is something that will make other EE confused or hard to understand. Then we release all the documents to the public.

make sure to send to burnin. he does good boards.
Any thoughts of making rackminers? like U3 size but 500GH++.
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:59:38 AM

+1 and i'd be the first in line  Cheesy

Thanks and PM answered.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:17:58 AM

Thanks and PM answered.

We are considering building rack miners with bit main chips. They would be roughly 900Gh/s

Message me if you have any problems
dplusf

Activity: 258

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:53:32 AM

Thanks and PM answered.

We are considering building rack miners with bit main chips. They would be roughly 900Gh/s

waiting for more information. interesting
nexus99
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:02:26 AM

The chips would be available in the middle of February right?
bclcjunkie

Activity: 833
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:10:56 AM

beastly when do you plan to open the sales? hopefully no preorder...  Grin

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:36:22 PM

beastly when do you plan to open the sales? hopefully no preorder...  Grin

It will be part of the assembly service available to the chip group buy members.

Message me if you have any problems
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:40:15 PM

Thanks and PM answered.

Can I get a copy of this documentation to review?
HappyS
Legendary

Activity: 1568
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:18:20 PM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 05:46:46 PM by HappyS

where i can find pcb design of S1?
sorry, found it.

Haм нyжны бoтинки для гoльфa, инaчe мы oтcюдa нe выбepeмcя.
13H5Cu9ixeud7kiD52mDXrR7NWgc2PERdJ
bitwhizz
Legendary

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:38:01 PM

watching
incognitoworker

Activity: 736
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:40:28 PM

Thanks and PM answered.

That would be of interest!
price est?

Quotient- Closed loop economy enviroment experiment
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1195335.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: