Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:29:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT coin - A total scam?  (Read 49716 times)
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:17:25 PM

@altcoinUK

Before I invested in NXT I went over the still manageable amount of NXT threads on this forum for many hours, time and time again.
I checked the incoming transactions on 1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a and tried to find out who-is-who. Many founders could be identified easily and many after investing some investigative work.

There is still a lot hidden or unknown to me, but calling NXT a scam founded by a "handful of people who created the original 73 shill accounts" actually insults my intelligence.

Please provide some information that backs your statements or better shut up.

@TaunSew
Please continue as usual, your blabber seems to have a positive impact on price.
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 02:50:40 PM

wow, necro-nxt-scam-threading. please drop me a line as soon some tits are posted here.
(have to pick up some food now to compensate my energy deficit due to typing this nonsense)  Grin
ðºÞæ

Activity: 1176
Merit: 297

Bitcoin © Maximalist

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:46:37 PM

wow, necro-nxt-scam-threading. please drop me a line as soon some tits are posted here.
(have to pick up some food now to compensate my energy deficit due to typing this nonsense)  Grin
the smart thing would have been not to type the nonsense. oh forgot this is the altcoin section

"The existing Visa credit card network processes about 15 million Internet purchases per day worldwide. Bitcoin can already scale much larger than that with existing hardware for a fraction of the cost. It never really hits a scale ceiling."  Satoshi Nakamoto, April 2009          Avoiding taxes is totally legal if you consider and respect the law.
Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 03:47:09 PM

I'm not going to claim NXT is a scam -- only that the people who spend most of their time on this forum claiming it's the greatest thing ever, sound a whole lot like scammers.

In fact my negative reaction to the posts has been so strong that I don't really give a crap whether NXT is really a scam anymore -- it's a bunch of slimy-sounding people I want nothing to do with.  
Daedelus

Activity: 574

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 05:00:46 PM

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:14:45 PM

LoL ! altcoinUK's word against Daedelus.

Who's should I take as genuine ?

Lets see. In my experience one's a loudmouth cryptocurrency trainspotter who's most constructive contribution to this industry is finding endless new subjects on bitcointalk to use as target practice for his over-active pea-shooter.

The other's one of the most hard working, dedicated and respected people in crypto.

Right, it's clear I don't have to stop too long in this thread to know whats going on  Wink  Bye !

ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:22:12 PM

@altcoinUK

Before I invested in NXT I went over the still manageable amount of NXT threads on this forum for many hours, time and time again.
I checked the incoming transactions on 1BCN1ugdKdWd9pQ8Am9hMhtHZfmbXzxE8a and tried to find out who-is-who. Many founders could be identified easily and many after investing some investigative work.

There is still a lot hidden or unknown to me, but calling NXT a scam founded by a "handful of people who created the original 73 shill accounts" actually insults my intelligence.

Nobody caring that Satoshi collected vast amounts of BTCs? Oh sorry, nevermind.
ChuckOne

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

☕ NXT-4BTE-8Y4K-CDS2-6TB82

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 06:26:22 PM

Besides that obvious fraudulent nature of the whole NXT operation from the start up to date, the endless vapourwares and pathetic assets on their "exchange", NXT offers nothing that is not possible to achieve with Bitcoin and for that reason the operation makes no sense whatsoever in a market where the lead status of Bitcoin is pretty much established.
Even Bitcoin is having serious problems with acceptance from real world users, after 6 years we have less users than a dating site. As we see, it will be hard work to achieve a wider acceptance even for Bitcoin. I am not sure what makes think NXT users that a shady scam operation can win over users which Bitcoin couldn't.

Holy crap. Calm down, pal. It is not a matter of life and death.

Bitcoin is an amazing idea realized. It could have failed and still can.

Same goes for Nxt.

Both showed the world what is possible. It's up to the world to decide which concepts are necessary, useful and therefore will survive.
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 11:12:05 PM

i mean nxt can very well be an elaborate scam. i mean why can't the devs just work off of Bitcoin core and do what counterparty or coloredcoins is doing and just use the bitcoin blockchain's OP_RETURN instead of creating a whole entirely new system?

im sorry but i'm going to have to join the trolls on this:

... NXT IS A SCAM ...

-----------------------

what i've been noticing, the more trolling these threads get. the more publicity it gets and curious users will do their own homework.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:00:07 AM

i mean nxt can very well be an elaborate scam. i mean why can't the devs just work off of Bitcoin core and do what counterparty or coloredcoins is doing and just use the bitcoin blockchain's OP_RETURN instead of creating a whole entirely new system?

... NXT IS A SCAM ...

-----------------------

what i've been noticing, the more trolling these threads get. the more publicity it gets and curious users will do their own homework.

If NXT was a scam the devs would have dumped at the peak and made an assload of btc/fiat.

Guess what?  They're still there around and continuously innovating at that.  At the moment crypto is mostly full of pump and dump shitheads who rove from alt to alt skimming profits where they can, and the sheep follow.  Some get lucky, some get sheared, some get skinned.

You're not a troll, you're just a retard.  It happens, man.  They're support programs for that..
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:09:51 AM

... NXT IS A SCAM ...

-----------------------

If NXT was a scam the devs would have dumped at the peak and made an assload of btc/fiat.

Are you for real?  NXT block explorer proves that a lot of them had already dumped at the peak (above 6 cents) and have never came back.   Of course some whales were slower than others, hence why every time NXT rebounds ever so slighty a NXT whale dumps it back down!  If you want to make a charitable donation to a guy's Lamborghini fund then buy NxT.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:25:42 AM

... NXT IS A SCAM ...

-----------------------

Are you for real?  NXT block explorer proves that a lot of them had already dumped at the peak (above 6 cents) and have never came back.   Of course some whales were slower than others, hence why every time NXT rebounds ever so slighty a NXT whale dumps it back down!  If you want to make a charitable donation to a guy's Lamborghini fund then buy NxT.

I said devs you idiot, not original IPO contributors.
jehst

Activity: 798

21 million. I want them all.

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:29:10 AM

I'm a total outside observer. I looked at NXT a few times. Let me give you an honest perspective.

It seems that the core feature of NXT is decentralized asset issuance and trade. So I could, conceivably, use NXT to start a company and finance it by offering shares. Like a decentralized version of Havelock. Personally, I will never buy shares offered by someone like Friedcat or anyone on a platform like NXT because of trust. You'll have the tokens, which may or may not be backed with some small amount of NXT. But he'll have the hardware, plant, and equipment which is where most of the value would be. Friedcat was one of the most respected, trusted guys in bitcoin since 2011 with one of the biggest bitcoin companies ever. There's not going to be anyone more trusted unless there's a time machine. And most share offerings, like Labcoin, have turned out to be bunk.

This whole experiment in decentralized user-issued internet share offerings has been a massive failure wrought with scams and fraud. That's the first cloud hanging over NXT.

SatoshiDice was the closest thing to a real success in user-issued assets. What happened there? Voorhees ended up getting fined by the SEC for unauthorized, unregistered share offerings. So that's the second cloud hanging over NXT. People who offer shares are going to get fined or thrown in jail. So legitimate, trustworthy companies like Overstock, who actually do want to issue shares and use decentralized platforms, aren't going to do it because of legal liability

You may say "NXT has other features." Without the assets, what is NXT? You have a marketplace. But there's Open Bazaar and other platforms that are specifically designed to be marketplaces. Messaging? If I want to message people, I'll get on BitMessage or Gchat. Alias system? Doesn't really matter unless people are using the platform. In other words, the other features besides asset issuance are done better by other people or unable to attract users on their own merit. NXT will succeed or fail based on the strength of its core feature, which is asset exchange.

NXT is working on some additional features, like smart contracts. Ethereum raised millions and millions of dollars just to devote to designing a platform to handle smart contracts. No offense to NXT's developers, but I don't think you will be able to compete with full-time, top developers who are focusing 100% on a problem that you're doing as an add-on or side feature. Smart-contracts themselves are such an insanely ahead-of-its-time idea that I doubt will get any traction in the real world for years.

Finally, NXT has very few users. Some of you may think "If NXT gains that critical mass of users, it can really bloom." I really don't think so. In fact, if NXT had a bunch of users issuing shares, issuing money, and people were buying, I think you'd see so many scams and so much heat from financial regulators that it would make Wikileaks look like Wal-Mart.

I'm just not seeing it. Sorry. But as far as NXT's method of crowdfunding and distribution goes, it's not a scam. You can decide whether you think there's been enough time and volume for NXT to be distributed enough. The initial offer was public. No problems there.

Year 2021
Bitcoin Supply: ~90% mined
Supply Inflation: <1.8%
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:39:14 AM

I'm a total outside observer. I looked at NXT a few times. Let me give you an honest perspective.

It seems that the core feature of NXT is decentralized asset issuance and trade. So I could, conceivably, use NXT to start a company and finance it by offering shares. Like a decentralized version of Havelock. Personally, I will never buy shares offered by someone like Friedcat or anyone on a platform like NXT because of trust. You'll have the tokens, which may or may not be backed with some small amount of NXT. But he'll have the hardware, plant, and equipment which is where most of the value would be. Friedcat was one of the most respected, trusted guys in bitcoin since 2011 with one of the biggest bitcoin companies ever. There's not going to be anyone more trusted unless there's a time machine. And most share offerings, like Labcoin, have turned out to be bunk.

This whole experiment in decentralized user-issued internet share offerings has been a massive failure wrought with scams and fraud. That's the first cloud hanging over NXT.

SatoshiDice was the closest thing to a real success in user-issued assets. What happened there? Voorhees ended up getting fined by the SEC for unauthorized, unregistered share offerings. So that's the second cloud hanging over NXT. People who offer shares are going to get fined or thrown in jail. So legitimate, trustworthy companies like Overstock, who actually do want to issue shares and use decentralized platforms, aren't going to do it because of legal liability

You may say "NXT has other features." Without the assets, what is NXT? You have a marketplace. But there's Open Bazaar and other platforms that are specifically designed to be marketplaces. Messaging? If I want to message people, I'll get on BitMessage or Gchat. Alias system? Doesn't really matter unless people are using the platform. In other words, the other features besides asset issuance are done better by other people or unable to attract users on their own merit. NXT will succeed or fail based on the strength of its core feature, which is asset exchange.

NXT is working on some additional features, like smart contracts. Ethereum raised millions and millions of dollars just to devote to designing a platform to handle smart contracts. No offense to NXT's developers, but I don't think you will be able to compete with full-time, top developers who are focusing 100% on a problem that you're doing as an add-on or side feature. Smart-contracts themselves are such an insanely ahead-of-its-time idea that I doubt will get any traction in the real world for years.

Finally, NXT has very few users. Some of you may think "If NXT gains that critical mass of users, it can really bloom." I really don't think so. In fact, if NXT had a bunch of users issuing shares, issuing money, and people were buying, I think you'd see so many scams and so much heat from financial regulators that it would make Wikileaks look like Wal-Mart.

I'm just not seeing it. Sorry. But as far as NXT's method of crowdfunding and distribution goes, it's not a scam. You can decide whether you think there's been enough time and volume for NXT to be distributed enough. The initial offer was public. No problems there.

ENRON.

All markets are fallible.
jehst

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:47:34 AM

ENRON.

Scale matters.

On Havelock or NXT, 50% of the offerings have been and will be "ENRON" (i.e. some real business mixed with serious fraud)
On the NASDAQ, <1% of the offerings will be "ENRON."

An analogy might help. A bottle of ketchup in the grocery store is Grade A if it has less than a certain amount of insect eggs and feces in it. It's Grade B if it has a bit more. And Grade C if it has a bit more still. I'm fine with that. I buy hotdogs on the street sometimes. I'm sure I've had some Grade C ketchup every now and then.

But I'm not going to buy your ketchup if I can see that half the bottle is insect eggs.

So for you to say "Madoff! Enron!" just seems silly to me. The scale is not comparable. If you buy a "crypto-equity" it's worse than a penny stock. It's worse than the Wolf of Wall Street shenanigans. It's complete garbage. It does not have a future.

Those companies that are legitimate, have talented employees, and are willing to disclose their identities will find financing. They are not going to offer shares on NXT because they don't want to run afoul of the SEC. So who will be left to offer shares? Unscrupulous folks. It's almost like a reverse filter. NXT, if it gains any userbase (which I doubt it will), will attract more scum than Mos Eisley.

Year 2021
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:00:23 AM

ENRON.

Scale matters.

On Havelock or NXT, 50% of the offerings have been and will be "ENRON" (i.e. some real business mixed with serious fraud)

An analogy might help. A bottle of ketchup in the grocery store is Grade A if it has less than a certain amount of insect eggs and feces in it. It's Grade B if it has a bit more. And Grade C if it has a bit more still. I'm fine with that. I buy hotdogs on the street sometimes. I'm sure I've had some Grade C ketchup every now and then.

But I'm not going to buy your ketchup if I can see that half the bottle is insect eggs.

So for you to say "Madoff! Enron!" just seems silly to me. The scale is not comparable. If you buy a "crypto-equity" it's worse than a penny stock. It's worse than the Wolf of Wall Street shenanigans. It's complete garbage. It does not have a future.

Those companies that are legitimate, have talented employees, and are willing to disclose their identities will find financing. They are not going to offer shares on NXT because they don't want to run afoul of the SEC. So who will be left to offer shares? Unscrupulous folks. It's almost like a reverse filter. NXT, if it gains any userbase (which I doubt it will), will attract more scum than Mos Eisley.

The SEC?  The United States doesn't own the world, buddy.
Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:06:58 AM

ENRON.

Scale matters.

You are like a guy who goes to a strip club... and it HORRIFIED by the nudity.

This is the sub-venture Crypto Space which is still trying to fulfill the original Bitcoin ideals...
You are obviously horrified by decentralization and anonymity (and probably your own shadow) ...
And horrified by what Satoshi was trying to do until he was co-opted by assholes like you.

Please leave...
There are a lot of Venture Forums for Pink Sheet "penny stocks" where you could also contribute nothing.

jehst

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:14:39 AM

ENRON.

Scale matters.

You are like a guy who goes to a strip club... and it HORRIFIED by the nudity.

This is the sub-venture Crypto Space which is still trying to fulfill the original Bitcoin ideals...
You are obviously horrified by decentralization and anonymity (and probably your own shadow) ...
And horrified by what Satoshi was trying to do until he was co-opted by assholes like you.

Please leave...
There are a lot of Venture Forums for Pink Sheet "penny stocks" where you could also contribute nothing.

There's no need for the personal attacks. I am totally interested in anonymous, decentralized market-issued assets and profitable DAO/DACs which are truly decentralized. My real problem with user-issued "decentralized" assets is that they are far too centralized for my taste. The user issuing the asset tends to screw things up.

NXT itself can be considered a DAO/DAC. The problem is that it's not a profitable one.

Year 2021
Hollowman338
Legendary

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:18:02 AM

what's NxT doing other than thinking of the next scam?   

They don't do anything else than try the hype keep going to scam out more money from newbies, idiots and naive wannabe rich investors.

Besides that obvious fraudulent nature of the whole NXT operation from the start up to date, the endless vapourwares and pathetic assets on their "exchange", NXT offers nothing that is not possible to achieve with Bitcoin and for that reason the operation makes no sense whatsoever in a market where the lead status of Bitcoin is pretty much established.
Even Bitcoin is having serious problems with acceptance from real world users, after 6 years we have less users than a dating site. As we see, it will be hard work to achieve a wider acceptance even for Bitcoin. I am not sure what makes think NXT users that a shady scam operation can win over users which Bitcoin couldn't.

No wonder this NXT shit is going down quickly.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg7715921#msg7715921

We would like to buy more but can't :-))) We bought a lot at 14K-17K, a bit at 47K and lot more yesterday/today at 30K-35K. We are happy, never sold a VRC so far and keep staking. That's all our team from Russia could do for vericoin for the time being :-))

Well Hello There, comrade.

NXT is being fudded for a reason.
Vega

Activity: 739

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:20:46 AM

Please leave...

I think this is uncalled for.
Argue with him if you disagree, but in a thread full of baseless accusations, misinformations, lies you get personal with the guy who actually formed and expressed a valid opinion?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: