Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 06:37:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NXT coin - A total scam?  (Read 49715 times)
defcon23
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:15:22 AM

definitively:  yes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:15:57 AM

definitively:  yes.

Are you a miner by a chance? LOL
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 10:56:23 AM

LoL ! altcoinUK's word against Daedelus.

Who's should I take as genuine ?

Lets see. In my experience one's a loudmouth cryptocurrency trainspotter who's most constructive contribution to this industry is finding endless new subjects on bitcointalk to use as target practice for his over-active pea-shooter.

The other's one of the most hard working, dedicated and respected people in crypto.

Right, it's clear I don't have to stop too long in this thread to know whats going on  Wink  Bye !

Now, that's typical. I came here by bringing to the table a totally objective, unbiased, fair and factually accurate analysis about this NXT nonsense by saying that the handful cheerleader wankers of this thread - who maniacally attack critical opinions about NXT - try keep the status quo of bringing new money  from naive investors and idiots who are willing to invest in this failing operation. And then, you reply with a personal attack to my constructive and polite input. I am totally shocked from your trolling and personal attack.

On the serious note, let me explain you what is happening, especially that I understand that usually you are having difficulties to get your head around of the true nature of a crypto project.

Yes, Daedelus is hard working all right - he works hard in maniacally trolling and attacking critical opinions, and I am sure you would agree that such behaviour is typically the first sign of a scam. If you do stock and angel investment in real world like I do then I am sure you agree that the strong indicator of a shady operation is when hyper active individuals (like Daedelus) are being deployed to troll out and discredit any critical voices. Ironically, the so called hard work of NXT cheerleaders is rather counter productive as their trolling rings more alarms and triggers more and more scepticism.
As for the subject of the hard work, it is an entirely different and indeed tragicomic matter. In this case the hard work means to protect a digital currency that is used by absolutely no one in real world use cases, try to bring new money from naive and newbie investors so the existing asset holders can keep dumping on the market as well as try to justify the shady IPO of a few anonymous wankers (please do not bother with your usual Satoshi is anonymous as well argument as Satoshi was not asking your money in a shady IPO nor in any other form).

You see, sometimes hard work results in very little productivity and minimal tangible/intangible result - in the case of NXT the hard work will result nothing except in a digital excrement and disappointment in the form of financial losses (for the late comers). The Maasai people of the Serengeti desert work hard as well, they walk all day to collect 10 gallon of water, but can you say their work is productive? Probably not, the hard work (even the decent one of the Maasai people) is not always the synonym of a productive operation. Bernard Madoff worked very hard too just like the NXT cheerleader trolls work tirelessly to keep the new money flow in going. Anyway, I apologize to the decent Maasai tribe to mentioning them together with the NXT trolls, not to mention, the shit that comes out from the goats of the Maasai people has been significantly more useful for mankind than this digital excrement NXT has been and ever will be.

Other issue obviously that the asset environment - one of the unique selling points of NXT - is a completely nonsensical proposition. Not that decentralized share offering and trade is a bad idea (though the lack of regulations on a decentralized share exchange is a valid concern), but it is simply illegal in all major economies, especially in the US it is classified as an illegal securities offering. Never mind, the "hard working" NXT cheerleader brigade work tirelessly to convince newbies and naive investors by promoting this illegal nonsense as a USP and a viable proposition.

Also, there are integrity issues. Even your BitBay cult leader the legendary David Zimbeck (who pulled out the biggest scam of 2014 with Bobby & Bter) has more integrity than this bunch of shady IPO cheerleaders could ever have. That's combined with the fact that super talented charlatans like jl777 aka James collect US$ 5 million for vapourwares under the umbrella of NXT should make this NXT shit a big NO-NO for any rational persons.

Finally and most importantly and which is pissing me off mostly, that the NXT cheerleader wankers try to discredit Bitcoin and Satoshi day after day by presenting this pile of shit on the market as the replacement for Bitcoin. Now, the enough is enough.

That's all my good friend and let me know if you have any questions.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8609498#msg8609498

It's always amaze me how delusional and irrational are the hardcore cheerleader members of this community with missions like yours that aims to educate the world about digital currencies.

Which clearly indicates the solution for vericoin is not what you suggest. I also convinced a few people at the early days to invest to vericoin and I am sure most of the bag holders did the same, and still the coin has been a constant failure and continuously stagnating. What you suggest simply do not work. The simple reason what you say a logical fallacy is, because the state of the coin primarily doesn't depend on how many people you convince, but depend on what our three wannabe coin developers deliver (or sadly don't deliver in the case of vericoin).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg9308218#msg9308218

Yes. Read back this thread, and you will see. Since I am an experienced software professional I had plenty of suggestions about implementing decentralized features, especially in the area of smart contracts and about the software general ... but you know that very well, you remember that discussions in August when many of us suggested here in quite lengthy discussions to progress with decentralized features (not lame ideas like the decentralized cloud but in more sensible areas), and of course you are just trolling here right now by asking me if I have any better ideas.

Now wonder this coin is at 9k and there are no real prospects to improve. The leadership of 25 years old students like yourself and wannabe CEOs like that Jay Jay boy with zero business, software and leadership experience naturally results in a stagnating price.
There are a few people like Scott, Kevondo, Lootz who does something that brings forward the coin (the Radio and web site are great assets of the coin), but you loud cheerleaders brings nothing to the table except arrogance.
Rule one, if you want to make money boy, you need to start listening what more experienced people got to say about the operation. If you would listen me about Moolah or the software development strategy in July and early August then you would save quite a few disappointments  for the community, the price wouldn't be at 9K, more importantly you would not need James' partnership because vericoin could collect that money without James.

Vericoin has been the biggest failure in the market this summer.  

Don't take to your heart if the cheerleader brigade start calling you FUDder and insult you. The maximum 20 cheerleader users try everything to keep the status quo. 40% of them are complete idiot, 40% are scammers try to slow dumping their coin, 20% having a good intention but performed an incorrect analysis and don't understand the source of the problem. Anyway, the size of their group is insignificant compared to the hundreds of disappointed investors.

A quick price check ... wow, a massive 4 BTC volume on the market and the price is 6K.

Keep up the good work VRC developers, as you said VRC will replace Bitcoin, it seems it's happening!

Quote from: lootz on November 11, 2014, 11:37:40 PM
Below is a quote I saved from AltcoinUK people, post 381 in his history. He may have deleted it by now so you can check the dates. He works for a pump group do not trust anything he says he just wants to buy your dumped cheap coins. As far as Barabus they just may be the same person. Wink  Ouch UK the truth must hurt

If you have a real interest in vericoin come to https://www.vericoinforums.com. I am there and so is the rest of the team.

Quote from: altcoinUK on July 07, 2014, 06:51:11 AM
We would like to buy more but can't :-))) We bought a lot at 14K-17K, a bit at 47K and lot more yesterday/today at 30K-35K. We are happy, never sold a VRC so far and keep staking. That's all our team from Russia could do for vericoin for the time being :-))

Yes, I want to buy cheap and good coins - unfortunately VeriCoin fits none of these categories at this moment in time. No development, no progress and declining price. Though I hope very much this will change so I can sell my VeriCoin bag and wish good luck the VRC developers. They are I am sure nice and reasonable young guys, I have nothing against them except that they are lazy and don't develop the coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=602041.msg8000595#msg8000595
I think the most important and encouraging in the VeriCoin operation is that the devs are still interested in the project and working on adding new features. The price goes up and down, right now is down, but the hard work and the release of usable features will take care of the price increase. This is a legit dev team, as PNosker said they are real people building a real money. This transparency is a very unique attribute in the scam driven alt coin market.

Right now people are upset, but 50-100% price swing happens all the time even with real business operation. In the place Russia where I have been dealing/trading/funding IT, telecom and software companies I had experienced with a few 3000% price drop in the last 25 years, there were dead bodies all over the offices, so this is a very calm environment compared to that one, here is even the crypto-history maker scummer pumper WizRig is alive, so nothing dramatic happened here. Price drops are part of the business, even bitcoin has gone through several swing. Again, the hard work from the devs will take care of the price and the future of the coin still very bright.

Which is very encouraging to me that it seems the Devs are finally working on what really matters, the decentralized app feature. No one cares about VeriBit (why would anyone want it when we can pay with bitcoin, no wonder there is only 6 VeriBit users worldwide), the FIAT feature could be useful for a few people but nothing is innovative nor exciting in the FIAT feature, but a decentralized market place or exchange could be a game changer. Please focus on that and try to roll out at least a basic app that implements decentralized features. As you know there are incredible capable and smart people working on decentralized apps, Ethereum, Skycoin, even ViaCoin with the Counterparty inegration, etc., so the competition is fierce, that's why would be important that the Devs try to release at least a very basic but working decentralized app as soon as it is possible. As you know better than I do you compete with very smart guys like Dr. Wood from Ethereum http://www.gavwood.com/Paper.pdf , but if you have something that works (even if it is a very basic app) you can be the winner in this race.

There are many people like myself who invested a lot into VeriCoin, we are not overly worry about short term price changes and willing to invest lot more if things are going in the right direction. Please implement the decentralized feature and I guaranty you many more investment will come not from pumpers but from real investors.

I think you could be quite right that Ethereum is very far from the actual release. Great academics usually aren't good in delivery.

Nxt has something, I have not seen the source code from Qora and Via has not released anything yet. I guess it is more difficult to say than get done. The say did the 600 BTC trick for Via, we'll see whether he can get it done.

lol!  so which one is it- Vericoin a scam or not? Nxt a scam or not?

Please go on, you make me laugh! or wait- how about you give me your Vericoin bag and I HODL it for you for a while?
 Grin

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:36:04 PM

AltcoinUK: "I am a experienced software professional"

LoL, at most you are a experienced lier and professional troll Smiley

you have zero (maybe it is even less) technical understanding of coding.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
box0211

Activity: 165
Merit: 101

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:31:18 PM

i think NXT has reached a new SCAM level with its upcoming 1.5 release...

i think the nxt devs are just pumping up nxt by releasing new versions to keep up with the hype. epic scam in the making.... don't trust it...

do your own homework of course... try installing nxt and judge for yourself.
Hollowman338
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 05:48:59 PM

i think the nxt devs are just pumping up nxt by releasing new versions to keep up with the hype. epic scam in the making.... don't trust it...

Right..

So let me get this straight, while damn near every alt created is hyped by pump and dump groups, pumped to the moon, and then abandoned, NXT keeps innovating and driving forward despite price and constant fudding.

..and NXT is the scam.

You're clueless.
l8orre
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 09:00:21 PM

either you are a totally deranged moron or you are practising some really sophisticated irony.

I browsed some of your earlier posts where you praised the Nxt platform and already  advised ppl to install and judge for themselves.

quite the equivocator ain't we?  Grin
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 10:44:40 PM

i think the nxt devs are just pumping up THE JAM nxt by releasing new versions to keep up with the hype. epic scam in the making.... don't trust it...

sure, here we go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EcjWd-O4jI
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 11:32:31 PM

I'm detecting epic irony here, tbh.  Grin
Maybe a little bit near the knuckle for the sensitive among us.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 03:16:58 PM

There are lots of threads over on the NXT boards whining about lack of distribution by the stakeholders.

It seems that someone unnamed created 1 Billion of these NXT coins and gave them away to 71 other people, though, where is the proof that these 71 individuals are actually real and not a close group of friends of the developer with 71 different forum aliases?

Assuming the 71 stakeholders are legit, then to create these 1 Billion NXT the developer apparently had donations of 21 BTC from these stakeholders. That puts the value of 1 Million NXT at 0.021 BTC at inception.

One issue seems to be that the stakeholders are nothing to do with the 'project' - they are merely 'lucky' forum users that got in early and happened to read the initial post announcing NXT. They are only in it to speculate and make a quick buck.

Right now, the 'stakeholders' are selling off NXT at 6 BTC per million. That's 300x the initial investment.

This is based on the promises of this NXT coin. It is apparently BTC 2.0 with fancy new features etc, however source code has not been released and the majority of the features don't work. You can't even divide the coins by any decimal places yet. The client is VERY alpha/beta and it has numerous bugs.

So, where's the evidence that this coin isn't a massive scam to create something fake and sell it off for 6000 BTC?

All year long, the market has been saying NXT is a total scam.

Look at the chart.  That's what a dying coin looks like.

After all the hype and glittering promises NXT is still useless for anything except creating and dumping scam assets like j777hodl.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
msin
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:29:36 PM

All year long, the market has been saying NXT is a total scam.

Look at the chart.  That's what a dying coin looks like.

After all the hype and glittering promises NXT is still useless for anything except creating and dumping scam assets like j777hodl.

And yet you take the time to post about a dying coin.  What does that say about you?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:44:43 PM

Monsieur is a very skilled necromancer!  Cheesy
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:49:53 PM

And yet you take the time to post about a dying coin.  What does that say about you?

That he hasn't seen the similar chart for Bitcoin, no?  Grin
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 03:57:48 PM

*cast resurrection*

Thenoticer

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:12:30 PM

Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:35:09 PM

According to these charts, Bitcoin and Nxt are dying while Monero is thriving.
box0214

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:38:32 PM

this is actually really good for devs building on top of a platform and not just speculating the coin.

cheap nxt = cheaper entry point in building out a service that sits on top of nxt.

if we looked at it from a platform perspective, its a different mindset.
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 05:42:10 PM

don't think so. adjusting time and the height/width ratio for better proportions could help.

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/xmr/btc/poloniex/alltime
iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2015, 05:57:46 PM

don't think so. adjusting time and the height/width ratio for better proportions could help.

Wow, that's a good looking chart.

Solid double bottom, then price rising on steady volume.   Cool

Bitcoin's price is down but it can go right back up because it has VOLUME.

NXT is in the shitter and will stay that way, because nobody wants to get stuck in a dead market, holding a bag they can't quickly pass on to a greater fool.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2015, 06:15:29 PM

I don't think so too, was just petting trolls.  Smiley
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: