Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:16:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Discovered bug when importing private key  (Read 500 times)
manuel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:48:13 AM

It doesn't seem to effect the functionality but it's weird.  I duplicated it on two different computers running OS X 10.9 and v0.8.5-beta.

When using the importprivkey command when the command completes the success message is blank, there is just an icon with a blank line.

After completion the key you just imported shows up in your address book (i.e. like an outgoing address) instead of under receive as incoming address.  The coins still show up in your balance but the address is on the wrong screen.  When you restart the program this corrects itself.
rarkenin

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:54:39 PM

Are you sure the private key is valid? It should be long and start with a 5. For example:

Code:
5JRp9CTGhGcih9VUMV1yvACjS5UxJgEaXhU3MD51Fyc3BeNr2Sw
manuel (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:57:49 PM

Are you sure the private key is valid? It should be long and start with a 5. For example:

Code:
5JRp9CTGhGcih9VUMV1yvACjS5UxJgEaXhU3MD51Fyc3BeNr2Sw

Absolutely it's valid.  I did it on two different computers same result.  Don't get me wrong it works fine.  I get the balance on the key and I can send and receive no problem.

The issue is that:

1.) THe response in the console that I assume should probably say "Success" or something is blank.

2.) The public address appears in the address book instead of my receiving addresses until a restart of bitcoin.  Then it moves over where it belongs and everything works as normal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: