Heh, I just had this funny idea, which maybe could work (??)
let's say that block chain can contain media content like music, videos and books. Of course it will grow insanely big. But let me continue.
- to upload media content you pay some relatively big tx fee, which goes to the miners. The uploaded content is encrypted with some private pgp key, contains an address where people can pay to access it, a thumbnail and a description.
- each person can chose to skip storing this content on his harddrive (save HDD space), and instead just store a short control sum
- therefore the main "provider" of this content will be the guy who uploaded it, plus some other people who bought it
- the GUI will be extended with a content browser similar to STEAM, even divided to categories, etc. You could browse there, see a thumbnail a short description and a price.
- when you decided to buy this content, you pay to the address specified and you get a key to decrypt this content. But this key is only for you because it is generated using your mediaDRMcoin public pgp key.
- "providers" can change the price if they chose to, this is another mediaDRMcoin transaction
- p2p deamons can query each other to find out who really HAS this provided content, and who has just its control sum. If nobody is hosting it anymore it is removed from the chain, this transaction is free and done automatically. Re-adding such deleted content later is like adding a new one.
- if somebody uploads someone's else creation (breaking legal laws) he has to give the private wallet address that is used for receiving payment to the rightful owner of this content. And he has to give the pgp key for decrypting content. The rightful owner can then set another price on his content, or make a transaction that requires all p2p to delete this content. This is another allowed transaction.
Regular people will just store a short version of the block chain, "providers" and people who bought it will host the content they provide.
Now imagine people forcing Holywood to start using it
For example uploading tons of movies, then sending to rightful owners their private wallet keys for receiving payments. lol.
ok. that's it. discuss