Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:16:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 2013-12-08 Siliconangle: Bitcoin isn’t banned in China, only legally defined  (Read 748 times)
Cunningham (OP)

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 12:33:06 PM

Bitcoin isn’t banned in China, only legally defined.
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/12/08/bitcoin-china-meaning/

I used to be a vice president for a large investment bank based in Hong Kong, so I can provide a little better insight than most on what’s going on with.

The People’s Bank of China has basically given the green light for Bitcoin trading and exchanges.  They are trying to keep Bitcoin trading “separate” from the other parts of the financial system so that if Bitcoin blows up, then nothing bad will happen.  The thing that I think they are worried about is a Lehman Brothers-style situation in which something blowing up in derivatives brings down the rest of the economy.

Please read the whole informative article, it's a good one.
LiteCoinGuy
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 12:38:50 PM

correct, a must read.

Noruka

Activity: 910
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:18:53 PM

Bitcoin isn’t banned in China, only legally defined.
http://siliconangle.com/blog/2013/12/08/bitcoin-china-meaning/

I used to be a vice president for a large investment bank based in Hong Kong, so I can provide a little better insight than most on what’s going on with.

The People’s Bank of China has basically given the green light for Bitcoin trading and exchanges.  They are trying to keep Bitcoin trading “separate” from the other parts of the financial system so that if Bitcoin blows up, then nothing bad will happen.  The thing that I think they are worried about is a Lehman Brothers-style situation in which something blowing up in derivatives brings down the rest of the economy.

Please read the whole informative article, it's a good one.

indeed, getting tired of having people that i talk to ask why China banned bitcoin.

Watching too much CNN
zeroday
Donator

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:26:17 PM

Another lesson for those doomsday panic-sellers
EnderHf

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:22:41 AM

If china didn't start panic selling I'm pretty sure the price would be 1,500+ but thankfully the price of bitcoins is slowly climbing back up again.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: