Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:56:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: This letter just gave me a freedom boner!  (Read 1237 times)
GriTBitS (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:46:08 PM

If you're a troll go read this, and then let the light shine in!

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1rxmk3/my_open_letter_to_peter_schiff_followup_from_the/

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mvidetto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 02:55:11 PM

Who the hell is Peter Schiff?
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:07:42 PM

Still reading, but had to pause to comment on...

Any good that is useful and scarce will have a price (consider that air is useful but not scarce, and fish with three eyes are scarce but not useful, thus no price for either of them).

Listening to NPR the other day, I learnt that millions are spent in search of the elusive three-eye tubeworm. How useful could such a discover be, you ask? Consider if it were in a zoo, if able to be kept alive or, moreover, shown to perspective investors when seeking more funding for the next scientific expedition like, I don't know, maybe the elusive Nakamoguru, of which has a defense that allows the fish to actively explore their environment without much fear of being attacked.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:11:10 PM

WTF, for $400, Alex.

To date, about 21,200,000 results can be...

What the hell is Google?
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:23:42 PM

That's a great letter! While I don't dislike Erik, some folks don't like his gambling background and may not respect his opinion. People like Peter Schiff will look down their nose at Mr. Vorhees and ignore attempts of discourse and may even resort to mudslinging. Schiff will come around one day when his wealth has dwindled sufficiently. He will then and only then sing the praises of Bitcoin so loud that once again he will only hear the sound of his own voice.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:25:22 PM

I didn't hear the show, thus didn't know who the author was, opting to not scroll down to the end and cheat, but turned it into a game, of sorts. By paragraph three, I made my guess, and the subsequent paragraphs further engrained my belief that I had to be right. I was shocked when I got to the end and discovered it wasn't Dank.  Roll Eyes

Seriously, great writing, as always, Erik.

~TMIBTCITW
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:33:30 PM

I think Peter needs to reread his dad's book, where he'll learn...

http://www.amazon.com/The-Biggest-Con-Government-Fleecing/dp/0930374010

I learned more concerning our government's tax policy and the manipulation of money (versus the pieces of paper we carry around in our wallets) from this book in three hours than four years of study in college. Schiff boils it down to the essence, from three men beginning a culture to a controlling government, taxing and watering down the money supply. Your view of Keynes' ideas and why Adam Smith's concepts were abandoned will become cystal clear. Should be required reading for anyone involved in economics - which is exactly why the government would prefer that this book be left on the shelf.
sveetsnelda

Activity: 642
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:04:40 PM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=peter+schiff

14u2rp4AqFtN5jkwK944nn741FnfF714m7
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:15:41 PM

i don't care who peter schiff is, but this open letter is brilliant, one of the best articles on bitcoin i have ever read.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: