Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:43:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: OpenSource Exchange Engine  (Read 4388 times)
vertebrae (OP)

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:13:24 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 12:51:17 AM by vertebrae

Open Source Exchange Engine

I'm looking for simple like joomla or wordpress engine for trading alt-coins.

E.g. LTC vs others 10-20 alt-coins.

There is cloud on the github, but nothing is work, as I can see.

I'm realize how it shall looks. Something sql based.

Someone signin to exchange, request for an address of one of alt-coins. Deposit coins. Thereafter He want to see history of trade, and place a bid.

What can be simpler?

There is great amount of alt-coins pools, with similar pool-engine. e.g. https://github.com/TheSerapher/php-mpos/wiki/Quick-Start-Guide

It would be great to build such opensource exchange, according to industrial standards, like trade-terminals of forex, etc...

Who has meet what I'm looking for?

Edit:

What found:

https://github.com/dooglus/intersango - nodejs + mysql / me have no luck with launch of this object.

https://github.com/r3wt/openex - php + mysql / me have no luck with launch of this object.

The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:59:58 PM

reserved
Sukrim
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1006

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:16:46 PM

It would be great to build such opensource exchange, according to industrial standards, like trade-terminals of forex, etc...

Can you name a few of these "standards" that you are allowed to use without reverse engineering a closed server component and that are supported by major forex trading software?

https://www.coinlend.org <-- automated lending at various exchanges.
https://www.bitfinex.com <-- Trade BTC for other currencies and vice versa.
monsterer
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 11:21:34 AM

Open Source Exchange Engine

I'm looking for simple like joomla or wordpress engine for trading alt-coins.

There is no 'simple' when it comes to exchanges. I've been working on my own exchange for 8 months now. The last thing I would want to do would be to integrate something like that with a CMS, with all their inherent slowness and lack of security.
daybyter
Legendary

Activity: 965

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:07:27 PM

What about the Intersango sources?

simbo

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 03:37:52 PM

CMS do not have the features needed for an exchange. Trading platform is very complex, regardless of what is being traded. Don't think anyone want to "open source" this kind of project.

BattleTitans.io  ▼  Mobile PvP Arena of the Future  ▼  BattleTitans.io
The Most Promising ICO in October    [Join Now!]

▼  [FB]  ▬  [TW]  ▬  [TG]  ▬▬▬  [YU]  ▼
vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:40:22 PM

I found this:

https://github.com/r3wt/openex/

Looks like it is start source of https://coinex.pw/

However, there is no sql dump of tables, I got no luck with installation.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:54:53 PM

https://github.com/dooglus/intersango

upal

Activity: 165
Merit: 102

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 05:20:13 PM

While u r gonna run a complex financial model like trading engine, it is always preferable to make a ground up design rather than using an open source model.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 08:51:28 PM

vertebrae: could you run an exchange? From the legal side? How are regulations in your country?

vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 09:54:23 PM

daybyter, methinks illegal place. Somewhere international, distributed, without governments. Just alt-coins...

upal, look at this forum again, look at bitcoin. There is no rules, yet, there is no government. Anyone could start its own alt-coins exchange right now.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 10:12:22 PM

Well, over here you cannot even get a bank account for a coin exchange.

coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:28:26 PM
Last edit: December 17, 2013, 11:55:25 PM by coinrevo

I think if you are serious you have to put more effort into what you are writing. Are you talking about trading Alt-Coins via BTC deposits?

Yes, the basic premise is correct, that there should be an opensource exchange. But this is many orders of magnitude harder than you might think, at least at scale (>100 tx/sec). you need worldclass talent for this, who want to execute on this. a good trading engine is at least 50kLOC.

Also, a couple of other comments. i) It would be very good to get a community around this, as the Buttercoin efforts completely derailed. If people gather around this, that would be great. ii) You want the operator of an exchange to fix bugs in the software, to provide support. You can't have just one guy - you need reliability, i.e. something of a corporate structure.
daybyter
Legendary

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:48:02 PM

You wanna help?  Grin

vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 11:52:39 PM

daybyter, i'm really sure, that alt-coins exchange could exist without fiat, cypher world come right now, you can see.
Moreover, trading just alt-coins against BTC or LTC, is very simple thing. It is so simple, you cann't imagine if you have no enough knowledge.

It looks like simplest chess bot or simplest IRC bot. I'm have a degree in programming, I know.

This looks like bomb to todayz alt-coin market. You folks, try to make a flood or unnecessary noise in my thread, but you will see, 1 day, 1 month, 1 year, it will come, every one could setup its own alt-coins crypto exchange platform, like intersando or openex, or rippled, methinks it would be great cloud of every programming languages filed. Alt-coins will trades everywhere everyones without border, without government ruling, it will be the first step to the crypto-anarchy.

coinrevo, you really think that 2 buttons - sell/buy need worldclass talent? You kidding me.
coinrevo

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:01:15 AM

It's a bit like saying: if I press the button on my iPhone for a call, this easy to implement. Well, there is the hardware of the phone, there is the iOS, there is WLAN/4G connections, there is TCP/IP, and probably 10 things I don't even know about. First principle in hackerdom: know what you are talking about and impress with knowledge, or just do it yourself and find out. Note, I am talking about scale, not 5 orders per day. That indeed is not to hard.
vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:43:50 AM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 12:57:00 AM by vertebrae

coinrevo, don't talk about hardware. It is wordpress. it is joomla.

It is mysql(or something). You push 2 of buttons, buy or sell. You login/sigin, you deposit money, it is simple node, nothing else.
The herculean thing which I'm see is a graph of history, it is www.highcharts.com on round robin db of trade-history, nothing else.

When I'm talking about industrial, like forex, terminals, i'm talking about the future of such opensource engine. Underwater stone here is only mysql speed.

coinrevo, when you open your browser, open my site on wordpress.com, it is Your Windows, Your intel CPU, your mouse/keyboard, it is your ethernet card, your provider, your monitor, your GPU, your antivirus, you login to my site, it is so hard, ... how can I do so many thing only by once login to wordpress.com with only one picture post?
thesouljourner

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:57:43 AM

PI said this on another guy's post, and I'll say it here. This is people's *money* you're dealing with. You can't just throw some code up and hope there aren't any bugs.  If a chat bot had a bug, someone disconnects or a message is lost/garbled. If an exchange has a bug, a lot of people could lose a lot of money.

I have a software degree, too. And 14 years experience, half of that at a company that makes financial software.  You might be able to make something that kinda works, but I guarantee you that th err will be bugs that cost people money.
vertebrae (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:10:51 AM

thesouljourner, it is question of design. Could you stay like a coinbase. coin - wallet, or not. You might stay only like a mid-man, third person, every trades are two way transactions.

Bidder send to you coin-A, sellet send to you coin-B.

Deal!

You send each side their parts of coins, fee for you = profit.
thesouljourner

Activity: 30

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:27:38 AM

The idea is simple, the execution never is.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: