Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 12:09:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bill Gates: I would put against bitcoin  (Read 809 times)
acmakc12 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:38:01 AM

American businessman Bill Gates again spoke out against the first crypto currency: in the Squawk Box program on CNBC, the co-founder of Microsoft called bitcoin one of the most speculative things in the world. This slightly tilted the course of the coin on Monday, May 7, but today it is still in the green zone.

"I would oppose bitcoin if there was an easy way to do this," said Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation in CNBC's Squawk Box, on Monday, May 7.

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment" stupid theory, "Gates said in the CNBC program" Squawk Box. "

"Bitcoin and ICO, I believe, I believe, these are some of the crazy, speculative things," Gates said. He added that someone once gave him bitcoins for his birthday, but he sold it in a few years.

According to Gates, there is no need to count on the growth of bitcoin's value: "from the point of view of the asset class, you do not produce anything." The largest shareholder of Microsoft considers investing in this cryptonet "the theory of a bigger fool in its pure form."

She claims that money can be made by acquiring securities without regard for their quality and selling them at a profit, because there will always be a "bigger fool." Proceeding from the theory, speculative bubbles grow in this way, which burst with time and bring down the value of shares in a mass sale.

Note that earlier Gates accused the BTC of the death of people, pointing out that the coin is often used to buy drugs. In November 2014, the businessman called bitcoin "a revolutionary technology and the most innovative solution in the modern Internet payment market."

Like many critics of crypto currency, Gates acknowledged that the basic technology of blockchain has its advantages. Blocking eliminates the need for a third-party intermediary, such as a bank, to quickly create a secure, permanent report on the transaction between the two parties. Bitcoin is the first application of blocking technology, and companies are exploring ways to use technology to manage supply chains, trade and other areas.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2fresh

Activity: 782
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:39:43 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 12:53:30 PM by 2fresh

American businessman Bill Gates again spoke out against the first crypto currency: in the Squawk Box program on CNBC, the co-founder of Microsoft called bitcoin one of the most speculative things in the world. This slightly tilted the course of the coin on Monday, May 7, but today it is still in the green zone.

"I would oppose bitcoin if there was an easy way to do this," said Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corporation in CNBC's Squawk Box, on Monday, May 7.

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment" stupid theory, "Gates said in the CNBC program" Squawk Box. "

"Bitcoin and ICO, I believe, I believe, these are some of the crazy, speculative things," Gates said. He added that someone once gave him bitcoins for his birthday, but he sold it in a few years.

According to Gates, there is no need to count on the growth of bitcoin's value: "from the point of view of the asset class, you do not produce anything." The largest shareholder of Microsoft considers investing in this cryptonet "the theory of a bigger fool in its pure form."

She claims that money can be made by acquiring securities without regard for their quality and selling them at a profit, because there will always be a "bigger fool." Proceeding from the theory, speculative bubbles grow in this way, which burst with time and bring down the value of shares in a mass sale.

Note that earlier Gates accused the BTC of the death of people, pointing out that the coin is often used to buy drugs. In November 2014, the businessman called bitcoin "a revolutionary technology and the most innovative solution in the modern Internet payment market."

Like many critics of crypto currency, Gates acknowledged that the basic technology of blockchain has its advantages. Blocking eliminates the need for a third-party intermediary, such as a bank, to quickly create a secure, permanent report on the transaction between the two parties. Bitcoin is the first application of blocking technology, and companies are exploring ways to use technology to manage supply chains, trade and other areas.

He has been positive about bitcoin, then negative, then positive again, now he is negative again. What's this guy's deal?
I mean he can't be in it for the money, so why fud?
henke1

Activity: 261
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:43:30 AM

He has been positive about bitcoin, then negative, then positive again, now he is negative again. What's this guy's deal?
Bill Gates is a dinosaur like Buffet  Tongue
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3644374.0
acmakc12 (OP)

Activity: 504
Merit: 19

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:03:45 PM

Probably trying to catch up on some sort of buzz around him, I do not know why, otherwise I do not understand what the point is, so often change the chair on which he sits.
renes

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:08:17 PM

Bitcoin is money, since it has also limited supply, we invest in it, not because of that it produces some value. He can already do nothing but opposing bitcoin.
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3008

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:09:13 PM

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment"

Um, what is gold then? And that's something held by central banks and weirdos the world over. There's some actual usage there but that makes up a tiny percentage of the value, the rest of pure speculation too.

He did describe it a greater fool scheme and I think he's right there, but if you hang around long enough that may well change.
KaffkaN

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:12:57 PM

Some rich people support cryptocurrency others against it. but I still remain with my opinion and vote for cryptocurrency. I think this is our future.
fiulpro

Activity: 1862
Merit: 830

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:14:46 PM

Did someone paid him to give paid reviews ?
I remember the time when he said all those good things about Bitcoins and now what is this ?
😐 I don't understand why a man that respectable would change his thoughts and all.

At the end of the day everything is an asset .. literally everything.. then why is he doing this partiality ? He should speak again precious stones and even dollars ! And the stock market and everything else too !

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██
█████████▀██▀████████
████████▀
░░░░▀░░██████████
███████████▌░░▄▄▄░░░▀████████
███████
█████░░░███▌░░░█████████
███
████████░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
█████████▀░░░▄████░░░░█████████
███
████▄▄░░░░▀▀▀░░░░▄████████
█████
███▌▄█░░▄▄▄▄█████████
▀████
██████▄██
██████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀
.BitcoinCleanUp.com.

.     Debunking Bitcoin's Energy Use     .
███████████████████████████████
███████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀████████
███████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄███████
███████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░█████████
████████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄██████████
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄████████████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████
...#EndTheFUD...
Gabteb

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:18:19 PM

Noone will be intersted with his opinion soon yep i think most of people like Bill Gates wouldnt like BTC and other coins as it will take over everything new era is coming.

█████
                        █████████████
                     █████████████
                 ██████████████        █████
              █████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████        █████████████
       █████████████        █████████████       ██████
       ██████████        ████████████           ██████
       ███████       █████████████       ███    ██████
       ███████    █████████████       ██████    ██████
       ████████████████████       ██████████    ██████
       █████████████████       █████████████    ██████
       █████████████       █████████████        ██████
       ██████████       █████████████           ██████
       ███████      ██████████████       ███    ██████
       ██████    █████████████       ███████    ██████
       ██████    ██████████       ██████████    ██████
       ██████    ██████        █████████████    ██████
       ██████    ███       █████████████        ██████
       ██████           █████████████       ██████████
       ██████       █████████████        █████████████
                 █████████████       █████████████
              ████████████        █████████████
                  ████         ████████████
                           █████████████
                         ███████████
                            █████
Ferrum Network • Interoperability Network for Financial Applications

aoluain
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 1255

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:19:52 PM

I love these points, it nice to see him state bitcoin cannot be stopped.

We dont need to produce anything in order to give it value, its a digital
technology, its value is in its supply, acceptance and useability.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Mpamaegbu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1208

Once a man, twice a child!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:28:49 PM

"Bitcoin and ICO, I believe, I believe, these are some of the crazy, speculative things," Gates said. He added that someone once gave him bitcoins for his birthday, but he sold it in a few years.[/b]
Rolls eyes

So, he did actually take place in selling Bitcoin too. He should've given it out to charity as it was gifted him if he never believed in it. Honestly, I don't know why Gates allows himself to be tossed around by the waves concerning his stand on cryptocurrency. The other time he was silently endorsing it, now he is rebuking those hodling it. Anyway, whatever Gates strategy is, I think crypto fans should not be distracted from what they believe in.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
PawanAggarwal

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:34:38 PM

These big people will speak negative about anything they can't have that thing in their control.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:35:40 PM

Maybe it is the signs of of a person that is getting old, sometimes you don't get it-what they want, what they are trying to say, what are they doing that you see but you don't understand.

He maybe the smart-ass or one of the founders of Microsoft but I guess his time is finished and he should let it to the youngsters that are more intellectual and competitive than his generations. Or he is just jealous on why didn't he ever thought of this blocking technology, and some other guy called Satoshi and friends did(well if he had some). Walkie-talkie are no more, we are experiencing some and most brilliant innovations of all-time, and there are more to come.
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:37:42 PM

"I would oppose bitcoin if there was an easy way to do this," said Bill Gates

That's an extremely interesting statement coming from the man that is claiming to be making an attempt at curing the world's most serious diseases. I wouldn't say this it is typical for him to seek the easy way out. That being said, maybe it's harder to oppose Bitcoin in any significant way than it is to cure the world's most deadly transferable diseases.

"As an asset class, you do not produce anything, and so you should not expect it to rise, it's a kind of pure investment"

Wrong, Mr. Gates. It certainly produces many things, one of the most significant is economic control, security and decentralization. It has been a technological innovation and has provided a solution to the Byzantine General's problem in such a magnificent manner that top corporations are attempting to mimic the blockchain and failing miserably.

"Bitcoin and ICO,

If you link Bitcoin and any random ICO into the same bucket then you're clearly uninformed or willfully misleading and I'm not interested in hearing the rest of what you have to say on this subject.

I wonder if Gates would accuse every other currency to be responsible for the death of people, because of the same reason. Very interesting that he has changed his tune about Bitcoin.

Like many critics of crypto currency, Gates acknowledged that the basic technology of blockchain has its advantages. Blocking eliminates the need for a third-party intermediary, such as a bank, to quickly create a secure, permanent report on the transaction between the two parties.

Then I fail to see how he has come to the initial conclusion that was presented. I'm at a loss for this man's line of reasoning. It seems like extremely wealthy people that would have a vested interest in maintaining the current framework of finances are united against Bitcoin and it makes me laugh. They are so predictable.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:47:05 PM

How are awful these ignorant  old dudes. He doesn't know anything about what he speaking. I can bet my house on it. He is just another one loudmouth

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
bitcoinman93

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:54:05 PM

he surely has his point, that its pure speculation when it comes to prices. However it's not completely true, if you consider bitcoin as a potential payment method when the people actually need to buy bitcoin first, before spending it. That can create the real demand for btc
TRAID

Activity: 246
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 01:55:07 PM

You can't expect dinosaurs to embrace new revolutionary technology...it's beyond their comprehension. Blockchain will be embraced by future generations, not the current one. Plus, Bill and other corporate billionaires like him will do anything to protect the current financial system in which they are Gods.

TRAID - World's Best Crypto Traders are Waiting to Mentor You ‖  www.TRAID.tv
Kemarit
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1352

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:03:15 PM

Sometimes it makes you wonder if this people really understand how crypto market works. Or they don't like anything that they can't hold into their hands as crypto is pure virtual. However, I believed in him saying that bitcoin is speculative asset, however, I disagree with him saying that bitcoin investment is "the theory of a bigger fool in its pure form." Well if you invest wrongly, not just on bitcoin, even in stock markets and if you are just really in for a quick rich scheme, then you are wrong. That's why you have to be very careful putting your money into crypto, because its based on speculation, but it doesn't mean that you are fool. LOL. Everything can go wrong, but if you don't know how to protect your investment then you really better get out of crypto.

▄▄███████▄▄
▄██████████████▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄████▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████████▄█▀████▄
███████████▄███████████
██████████▄█▀███████████
██████████▀████████████
▀█████▄█▀█████████████▀
▀████▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 MΞTAWIN  THE FIRST WEB3 CASINO   
.. PLAY NOW ..
taraku78

Activity: 27

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:04:21 PM

I think he's confused with his statement
Lakshitha1977

Activity: 42
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:34:19 PM

This is what whales DO! Manipulate the market every chance they get, when someone like him stated that bitcoin has no future,it will never rise blah blah , then it's starting a panic sell and the price is going down dramatically. and that's when they BUY,

They clearly knows this is the  FUTURE, and this is them preparing, we already seen once bitcoin rising to 20,000$ by the end of last year, and now it's 6 months to this year, perfect time to lower the price and collect some to prepare for the next big event.

Many blockchain experts predicted that BTC price will be around at least go to 50,000$ by 2020 , These billionaires are trying to add few more billion to their collection by spreading such things, and buying the cheapest possible, while they can.

ZENODYS.com ││ Making every digital asset just a drag and drop away
●   PRE-ICO  |  LIVE   ●
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: