Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:38:31 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: coinmkt  (Read 1336 times)
JJS (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:47:03 PM

Does anybody know what is up with Coinmkt.com? Sounds to me like they got hacked and is trying to hide it. I've not been able to withdraw funds over over a week now. BitCoin or $. I'v been trying to find only and best I can determine is that lots and lots of people are having the same issue. It also seems like trading as stalled. They show huge volumes on their Graphs but if I look at the trade summary on both XPM and BTC I don't see any new trades. I know for a fact that the XPM trades on there last change on Friday. So either their site is broken completely or there is some serious problems

I find this ridiculous. The should reimburse all fees to members. The inability to withdraw funds and move it to a more active exchange is costing people massive losses. Wonder why people are not being more vocal
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 06:06:44 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 04:17:32 PM by The 4ner

I've never used that site but I do remember them first announcing they were going to start that site over on the Litecoin forum.
I thought they were transparent though. You should contact them immediately.
dgross0818

Activity: 308
Merit: 146

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:01:38 AM

Withdrawals have worked for me, however, you can't withdraw multiple times within a certain period of time (I think the "cooldown" is around a minute or two), otherwise you get an error.

I too have noticed that volume has fallen to almost nothing... I was trading BTC, LTC, and FTC on there, however, the past few days have been very dead... Usually limit orders that were a reasonable price would be filled within a few hours... now they just sit around :-( 
ssastore

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:34:20 AM

does Coinmkt allow 2 withdraws per day ?
JJS (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:03:13 AM

I've not been able to withdraw anything at all since last Wednesday. I've send repeated emails to support with no reply or official statement. As a test I create a new account and transferred over a XPM and tried to withdraw that a day later same issue. So be careful when transferring any funds to them. It seems you can't get it back. I've also tried to figure out what is coining on in my coinmk wallets from looking at chain explorers. They are all empty but I think this might be cause they put things in "Cold Storage" although this is not making me feel any better about the situation. I stopped trading completely canceled all my open trades more than 24 hours ago. All my funds show on the finance page just no withdrawals on anything.
tskweres

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 08:15:29 AM

Withdrawals have been re-instated for everyone, and we've implemented some enhanced security features as well, we're making sure that we protect user deposits first and foremost.

Happy trading!

Travis Skweres
CEO - Coin Market
https://www.coinmkt.com/
jasondarosa

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:33:21 AM

Withdrawals have been re-instated for everyone, and we've implemented some enhanced security features as well, we're making sure that we protect user deposits first and foremost.

Happy trading!

I think this is the perfect response to this issue.

I've looked at a few of the platforms out there. Money and BTC disappears. CoinMKT while slow at the moment, seems to be the only one that has taken a pre-emptive strike against hacking.

They put a blog post up just now as well on how important security is to their bottom line: http://blog.coinmkt.com/coinmkt-safe-withdrawals/

Additionally, I can find the CEO's twitter, facebook, and linkedin account without too many issues. / It will be very hard for them to run from any enforcers in comparison to the $100M bitcoin heist.

baiwei

Activity: 541
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:40:51 AM

I think this is the perfect response to this issue too.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:10:04 AM

Glad to see the operators addressing the complaints head-on and swiftly
Too many threads on here with radio silent operators

The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:32:56 PM

That is great news. Unlike TF whom has clearly done little to nothing to reimburse our money. He stole it end of story.
I might just give CoinMKT a try!
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 04:49:18 PM

From what I've seen, although CoinMKT had some issues they at least communicate with people to let them know what's going on, and eventually follow through.  On the other hand there are plenty of providers that have like NO customer service right now!

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:52:45 PM

It's probably due to the fact that they're based in the U.S.
jasondarosa

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 15, 2014, 07:12:43 AM

They also respond faster when you mention you're popular on the bitcoin forums. Smiley
jamesc760

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 01:36:15 AM

I am having USD withdrawal problems at campbx, so I just made an account at coinmkt just now. I will report to you how it works out at coinmkt, stay tuned!
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 02:31:31 AM

Thanks! I'll keep my eyes peeled.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: