Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:45:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MineCTRL.com - An Analytics Dashboard for Bitcoin Miners  (Read 4620 times)
mwax321 (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:35:47 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 05:59:27 PM by mwax321

Hi everyone! A group of friends and I have been working on a project for a few months now called "MineCTRL." The idea started as a Google Analytics for your mining operation. It has since become more of a one-stop dashboard for all mining information relevant to your own operations. Plug in your pool API key, and we can start pulling real-time data as you mine. You can add notifications that alert you when your miners are down, or when the price of coin changes.

We just entered open beta and are wanting everyone who is interested to try it. It's going to be free for beta, and we are still determining cost for the full launch. But we're hoping that MineCTRL makes up the cost to you by saving you from unwanted downtime.

Please drop me a line or post a reply here if you have any feedback or find any bugs, we really appreciate it!

Project Members:

• Eric - Founder and Developer - infamousdutch
  • Mike - Developer - mwax321
  • Mark - Developer - icecreamman940

Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mwax321 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:38:05 PM

Reserved first post for updates and feedback list!

lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:32:22 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:48:26 PM by lajz99

A few things I'm noticing / suggestions:
  • When you click "View" in pool management you get "Error. An error occurred while processing your request"
  • On the login screen, the password box is on a different line than "Password" unlike "Email Address"
  • The "Add A Pool" button on the dashboard just takes up unncessary real estate in my opinion

Do you have a list of functionality you plan on adding in the future?

mwax321 (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:10:35 PM

• When you click "View" in pool management you get "Error. An error occurred while processing your request"
  • On the login screen, the password box is on a different line than "Password" unlike "Email Address"
  • The "Add A Pool" button on the dashboard just takes up unncessary real estate in my opinion

Do you have a list of functionality you plan on adding in the future?

Thanks for your feedback! This is exactly what we are looking for at this point in time. We're looking into that error and into that password line issue. Could I ask what browser you are using?

The "Add a Pool" button actually disappears after a number of pools have been added, but maybe we can change that so it's only for newbs that don't yet have a pool setup. We are adding a button to the top menu that basically replaces this (in fact, I was supposed to do it already but I forgot Smiley )

Yes we have a large list of features we have planned on adding, but we wanted to get the basic functionality out in the hands of the people. We'll have a list of upcoming features soon. I don't wanna announce anything that we aren't going to do.

lajz99

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:40:54 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 10:51:33 PM by lajz99

I'm using Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m.

Any chance we can get 2 decimal places for mining speed and full 8 for pending payouts on the dashboard?

mwax321 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:14:51 AM

Any chance we can get 2 decimal places for mining speed and full 8 for pending payouts on the dashboard?

Yeah! It depends on what the pools give us for decimal places, but for the most part we usually get all that data. Some pools are a little wacky. Some people may find we are missing pools. If that's the case, just let us know and we'll see about adding it.

lajz99

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:52:31 AM

Yeah! It depends on what the pools give us for decimal places, but for the most part we usually get all that data. Some pools are a little wacky. Some people may find we are missing pools. If that's the case, just let us know and we'll see about adding it.

Any chance you can add ghash.io?

I'm also noticing btcguild on my dashboard is reporting 29mh/s but should be 2.95gh/s.   Wink

mwax321 (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:12:10 AM

I'm also noticing btcguild on my dashboard is reporting 29mh/s but should be 2.95gh/s.   Wink

I believe we didn't include GHash.IO because they don't have a public API. Not 100% sure on that. InfamousDutch would have more info on that front.

On the GH/s, I believe anything higher than 10GH/s is reported as such, otherwise we measure as 7000MH/s.

lajz99

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:20:36 AM

On the GH/s, I believe anything higher than 10GH/s is reported as such, otherwise we measure as 7000MH/s.

Makes sense, in that case it's likely not being converted correctly (missing 0's).  Really liking the site, can't wait to see where you guys take it.

infamousdutch

Activity: 105

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 02:40:30 AM

Thanks lajz99 for the feedback!

Ghash.io currently does not have a api that provides hashrate and worker data.  We have submitted a request for this feature, we'll have to see where this goes, Once we have the api format, they will be added within 24 hours.

BTCGuild:  How long  has it shown the inaccurate number?  I've found with BTCGuild that when I am switching pools that they display a really low valude for the first couple of minutes, but it should ramp up rather quickly. 

lajz99

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:47:53 AM

Ghash.io currently does not have a api that provides hashrate and worker data.  We have submitted a request for this feature, we'll have to see where this goes, Once we have the api format, they will be added within 24 hours.

BTCGuild:  How long  has it shown the inaccurate number?  I've found with BTCGuild that when I am switching pools that they display a really low valude for the first couple of minutes, but it should ramp up rather quickly. 

Not a problem, always happy to provide feedback!

Still looks inaccurate.

I see overall 64 gh/s then below Slushs 61ghs and BTCGuild 33 mh/s (should be ~3300mh/s)

infamousdutch

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:15:40 AM

Not a problem, always happy to provide feedback!

Still looks inaccurate.

I see overall 64 gh/s then below Slushs 61ghs and BTCGuild 33 mh/s (should be ~3300mh/s)

Do me a favor, in BtcGuild, scroll down to your workders and click the "reset" stats button on each of your workers.

infamousdutch

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 07:36:37 AM

This issue has been resolved in tonight's push.  There was a bug in the refreshPool method when called from the Pool Admin page.  Thank you for reporting this!

lajz99

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:12:10 PM

Do me a favor, in BtcGuild, scroll down to your workders and click the "reset" stats button on each of your workers.

I reset and it's still reporting 29mh/s rather than 2900mh/s.

infamousdutch

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 03:03:17 AM

I reset and it's still reporting 29mh/s rather than 2900mh/s.
lajz99, your issue should be resolved in production, thanks for the feedback!

bitcoinmining

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:06:31 AM

You gotta try the site looks just fine
mwax321 (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:17:22 PM

Beta is going strong so far. Thanks again to everyone who has signed up already and those that may!

soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:49:02 PM

You really should add alt-currency pools such as litecoin.

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
infamousdutch

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 05:31:18 PM

You really should add alt-currency pools such as litecoin.

Thanks for the feedback!
We are planning to add alt coins in early 2014.

lajz99

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:19:36 PM

After some back and forth with ghash.io (cex.io) they did mention they are able to provide an API for mining to developers at their discretion.

Maybe you could reach out to them (via support on cex.io) and try to get access?  You'll need to be specific that it is not their public API rather their mining API for ghash.io as they were initially confused.

Daniel F.   
Daniel F. (CEX.IO)
Dec 13 13:59 (EET)

Hi,

Thank you for your request.

We do have an API live report for mining information.

This information can be accessed, and is available for developers to use upon request, at our discrepancy.

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else.

Thank You
Daniel F.
CEX.IO Support

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: