Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 05:04:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Max Keiser: Swiss considering BTC as foreign reserve + BTC $1700 Target  (Read 3843 times)
GigaCoin (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 08:55:33 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 09:09:22 PM by GigaCoin

Max Keiser just posted this on twitter:

@maxkeiser : Swiss are considering upgrading Bitcoin to foreign reserve status. We affirm our interim $1,700 target

"The Swiss Parliament is considering a postulate that asks for bitcoin to be treated as any other foreign currency. The goal of the postulate, introduced by representative Thomas Weibel, is to eliminate ambiguities and increase legal certainty related to bitcoin"

NUFCrichard
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:08:54 PM

I read that they were considering it as a normal foreign currency, which the could hold in reserve if they so chose.
If it is a currency, then it can be traded as one.  That would be great for us bitcoiners!
Mirsad

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:15:19 PM

Bullshit talk.
I'm swiss and this is all nonsense to lure more buyers into bitcoin.

Just don't believe anything from Max Keiser the master of pump and dump.

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
Ivanhoe

Activity: 841
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:17:10 PM

http://www.coindesk.com/swiss-lawmakers-bitcoin-foreign-currency/
knarzo

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:21:33 PM

Bullshit talk.
I'm swiss and this is all nonsense to lure more buyers into bitcoin.

Just don't believe anything from Max Keiser Mirsad the master of pump and dump.

Sic parvis magna
Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:22:00 PM

More idiot talk...
Seriously... does anybody read the source in german?

No .. then stop spreading this shit.

It's about risk analysis and nothing more.

And the target price has nothing to do with the swiss. That's max keisers imagination.

@ knarzo: Are you swiss? No, then just shut the fuck up or learn german and read the proper sources. This news is not really news. The postulate was written on september 11 2013! It's really old news. And it has nothing to do with foreign reserve.

"    Der Bundesrat wird beauftragt, ergänzend zu den Punkten aus dem Postulat Schwaab 13.3687 „Die Risiken der Online-Währung Bitcoin evaluieren“ auch über die folgenden Fragen Bericht zu erstatten.

Welche Chancen für den Finanzplatz Schweiz sieht der Bundesrat bei Bitcoin und vergleichbaren Online-Währungen?
        Was spricht aus Sicht des Bundesrats dagegen, dass Bitcoin und vergleichbare Online-Währungen grundsätzlich wie Fremdwährungen behandelt werden?
        Welche regulatorischen Instrumente hat der Bundesrat, um für Bitcoin und vergleichbare Online-Währungen Rechtssicherheit zu schaffen?
        Sofern regulatorische Anpassungen erforderlich sind, welche sind dies und wie sähe der zeitliche Ablauf bis zur Umsetzung aus?

Wie der Bundesrat in seiner Antwort auf die Interpellation Kaufmann 13.3854 „Bitcoins und Geldwäschereigesetz“ schreibt, werfen Online-Währungen wie Bitcoin sowohl in wirtschaftlicher als auch regulatorischer und operationeller Hinsicht grundsätzliche Fragen auf. Sie sind rechtlich schwer fassbar, da sie dezentral organisiert sind und weder einen identifizierbaren Emittenten aufweisen, noch jemanden, der einen Wert garantiert.

Möglicherweise könnten diese Fragen beantwortet werden, wenn klargestellt würde, dass Bitcoin und ähnliche elektronische Zahlungsmittel wie Fremdwährungen zu behandeln sind. Damit liesse sich Bitcoin im Kontext des GWG, KAG, MWSTG und anderer Gesetze einordnen und es würde Rechtssicherheit hergestellt."

Read and unterstand!
The problem is that most readers can't read that well german...

It states: "Possibliy we could answer these questions, if bitcoin and other electronic payment methods are threated like foreign currencies."

What has this to do with the swiss considering BTC as foreign reserve? WHAT THE FUCK??? READ IT!

< 100 BTC is not worth mentioning. Poor souls will always remain poor. Don't miss the failtrain.
Ivanhoe

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:25:04 PM

More idiot talk...
Seriously... does anybody read the source in german?

No .. then stop spreading this shit.

It's about risk analysis and nothing more.

And the target price has nothing to do with the swiss. That's max keisers imagination.

@ knarzo: Are you swiss? No, then just shut the fuck up or learn german and read the proper sources. This news is not really news. The postulate was written on september 11 2013! It's really old news. And it has nothing to do with foreign reserve.
Look mate, i'm just dumping another link. I don't know what's going on in Swiss. So you better tell me what the German source says then.
knarzo

Activity: 126

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:26:38 PM

to lure more buyers into bitcoin.

Sagt der der Double Digits prognostiziert Smiley lol

Sic parvis magna
Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:26:59 PM

Posted the swiss source...
It's a complete missunderstanding.

There was a HYPOTHETICAL question and the end... and some moron took it as a fact... that's really retarded journalism.

Wenn du meine sarkastischen Postings nicht verstanden hast, Pech gehabt  Grin
Ich glaube definitv nicht an zweistellige Bitcoin Werte. Es gibt einfach genügend Schafe. Gut für mich, wenn ich bald mit 1000x Profit auszahlen kann. Wo macht man sonst so leicht ein paar Extra Millionen?

Wenn man etwas rechnen kann, dann sieht man das Problem bei Bitcoin in Bezug auf Hashpower, Stromverbrauch, Stromkosten und Transaktionsgebühren.
Bei Zeiten werden ich einen Thread erstellen mit allen relevanten Kennzahlen. Für die Stabilität des Preises wird ein exponentielles Wachstum benötigt, welches einfach nicht unendlich stabil möglich ist. Genau an dem Punkt fällt das Kartenhaus zusammen. Das dauert aber noch ein paar Jahre.

bootlace

Activity: 364

Justice as a Service Infrastructure

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:28:15 PM

Max Keiser is a spineless baffoon, really wish the Bitcoin community would disown him as its public figure.

J U R      |      The Justice as a Service Infrastructure      |      JUR ALLIANCE                      ═════════════════
      SMART LEGAL AGREEMENT.  ESCROW.  DECENTRALIZED DISPUTE RESOLUTION.        ║  JOIN JUR PRESALE  ║     
 ●         WHITEPAPER         TECH PAPER         GITHUB         MEDIUM         TELEGRAM                 ═════════════════
Ivanhoe

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:28:31 PM

There was a HYPOTHETICAL question and the end... and some moron took it as a fact... that's really retarded journalism.
Thanks, you didn't posted it yet when i posted though.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:29:52 PM

Lol - seriously; if this true why are people still following Keiser?

I mean he pumped quark - 'nuff said.

crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:31:09 PM

The Swiss thing is positive enough for me to remove my sell orders for now.

more or less retired.
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:32:19 PM

remember when max was saying if people bought silver it would destroy jp morgan:

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/max-keiser-buy-silver-coin-destroy-jp-morgan

I like max but he deals in hyperbole and trying to punish the banks/economic system at all costs so people should see what he says from that perspective. Great guy imho.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:32:39 PM

Guess this will test whether news follows trends or the reverse.

Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:33:38 PM

Guess this will test whether news follows trends or the reverse.

That's interesting.
I'll start posting fake news too.

Hfertig

Activity: 361
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

Was ist daran so unrealistisch ?
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:37:25 PM

Lol - seriously; if this true why are people still following Keiser?

I mean he pumped quark - 'nuff said.
+1
Mirsad

Bitcoin - love & hate

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:38:58 PM

Again:

"Das Parldigi-Kernteam hat sich in den vergangenen Wochen intensiv mit Bitcoin auseinander gesetzt. Die Nationalrätinnen und Nationalräte von SP, FDP, GLP, Grüne und weiteren Parteien sind zum Schluss gekommen, dass Bitcoin und vergleichbare Online-Währungen neben den Risiken (siehe Vorstösse 13.3687 und 13.3854) vermutlich auch Chancen für den Finanzplatz Schweiz haben dürfte. Ausserdem ist Bitcoin als Zahlungsmittel in der Schweiz bereits heute eine Realität, sodass es Sinn macht, Rechtssicherheit zu schaffen und Fragen bezüglich Mehrwertsteuer und Geldwäscherei zu klären."

They did some research and concluded that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have risks and probably chances for the swiss financial place. At the other hand bitcoin is allready a payment method in switzerland and it makes sense to prove the law and ask questions about tax and money laundring.

What is bullish about that?

freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:42:19 PM

Again:

"Das Parldigi-Kernteam hat sich in den vergangenen Wochen intensiv mit Bitcoin auseinander gesetzt. Die Nationalrätinnen und Nationalräte von SP, FDP, GLP, Grüne und weiteren Parteien sind zum Schluss gekommen, dass Bitcoin und vergleichbare Online-Währungen neben den Risiken (siehe Vorstösse 13.3687 und 13.3854) vermutlich auch Chancen für den Finanzplatz Schweiz haben dürfte. Ausserdem ist Bitcoin als Zahlungsmittel in der Schweiz bereits heute eine Realität, sodass es Sinn macht, Rechtssicherheit zu schaffen und Fragen bezüglich Mehrwertsteuer und Geldwäscherei zu klären."

They did some research and concluded that Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies have risks and probably chances for the swiss financial place. At the other hand bitcoin is allready a payment method in switzerland and it makes sense to prove the law and ask questions about tax and money laundring.

What is bullish about that?

That they are talking about it at all.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: