Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:23:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 reason why BTC is better than the Fed Reserve  (Read 1697 times)
flyguy (OP)

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:35:37 PM

The Federal Reserve System is a parasite that feeds off human suffering. It is indeed the dragon that must be slayed for humanity to experience true freedom. I want to End the Fed, but I want it to end as peacefully and orderly as possible. That is why I buy Bitcoin.

In June 2011, I wrote this about Bitcoin: “It seems the precise remedy to such a system would be decentralization of currency and banking, or functioning in an underground economy outside the system. There may be hope for accomplishing both with the crypto-currency that is beginning to gain recognition, the Bitcoin.”

Over two years later, Bitcoin remains by far the best, most disruptive tool we’ve ever had to overthrow the corrupt banking system. Before Bitcoin, our only option was to fight the current system with protests and begging our politicians to “audit” the Fed, all while arguing about what’s a better replacement; the gold standard or public debt-free money. There have been few viable ways to simply opt out of or withdraw our consent from the current financial matrix, until Bitcoin.

The full article here:

http://www.realnews24.com/10-ways-bitcoin-is-better-than-the-federal-reserve/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:38:10 PM

I want to End the Fed, but I want it to end as peacefully and orderly as possible. That is why I buy Bitcoin.

I completely agree. In fact this is my exact same thought.  You literally said it exactly as I would have.

For a while I used to hope that an elected official such as Ron Paul would take control of the country and fix things. His "audit the Fed" campaign was right on the money to expose the fraudulent use of our money and correct it.

However this never came to be, and I realized that this country is so deeply enmeshed in the trap that there is no way out except by force. Ron Paul and others like him will never get elected. Because those with money don't want him to. And Bitcoin offers that change, in a passive, peaceful and unstoppable way. It is like a runaway train-- there is no stopping it. There is no violence either. It just takes over because that is its inherent nature. It's a beautiful thing to see truth and justice beginning to occur with this ingenius technological breakthrough, Bitcoin.

I swear Bitcoin must have come from some benevolent (kind) alien race, that wanted to help us save our own pathetic governmentally-retarded asses. This planet was fucked without Bitcoin.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Ch1bi

Activity: 289
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:19:45 PM

I swear Bitcoin must have come from some benevolent (kind) alien race, that wanted to help us save our own pathetic governmentally-retarded asses. This planet was fucked without Bitcoin.

This x^infinity

Even though I'm new to Bitcoins, I believe it will eventually catch on like wildfire as more people and places start adopting Bitcoin. There are just too many good points for it not too succeed. The only way I can see the progression of Bitcoin slowing is through government regulation..

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform   
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:28:46 AM

I think the Chinese will end the Federal Reserve "dominance" one way or another. Just a matter of time. No country can continue to borrow more and more money without ever having a hope to pay it back. But its good people to have US citizens have bitcoin to fall back on when the dollar implodes.
snakebit

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:25:48 AM

The Federal Reserve's dominance is a matter of "National Security" for the US Government. Expect them to act accordingly to try to maintain their dominance. But they will fail ultimately.
c789

Activity: 850
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:57:10 AM

Just 10 reasons?  Smiley  J/k. Nice article!

As for Ron Paul, he's the man. I'd bet that the more he learns about Bitcoin, the more he'll love it. And he will learn more. He's one of the rare politicians who is genuinely intelligent, actually looks into things and thinks them through, and THEN acts.

Comparison of Privacy-Centric Coins: https://moneroforcash.com/monero-vs-dash-vs-zcash-vs-bitcoinmixers.php also includes Verge and Pivx
Desensitizer

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:50:04 AM

I pray that the dollar never implodes like people have predicted in this thread. I don't know about the rest of you guys but my investments are in mutual funds not bitcoins and if the dollar fell apart I'd lose a lot of money. The federal reserve might need some changes but no-one should want it to collapse that lives in the United States.
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:35:51 AM

I pray that the dollar never implodes like people have predicted in this thread. I don't know about the rest of you guys but my investments are in mutual funds not bitcoins and if the dollar fell apart I'd lose a lot of money. The federal reserve might need some changes but no-one should want it to collapse that lives in the United States.

Can you not move a portion of the funds into bitcoins? Why risk all your hard-earned savings on a sinking ship?

Its not really a question of "want" for me, its a question of inevitability, cause and effect. OK, I'll stop stealing partial lines from the Matrix now.
colinistheman

Activity: 872
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:37:36 PM

I live in the US and I want the dollar to collapse. Not out of some sick twisted desire to see people suffer, but because we need to separate ourselves out from under the absolute tyrannical control of the Federal Government. As long as we use their money, and as long as their money holds value, then we are their sheep.

There will undoubtedly be pain involved with the separation process, but I would rather pull off the bandaid quickly and experience some pain rather than endure decades and centuries under an oppressive government.

Who asked me if I wanted to be taxed? Oh wait-- no one did.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
EnderHf

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 12:09:51 AM

I live in the US and I want the dollar to collapse. Not out of some sick twisted desire to see people suffer, but because we need to separate ourselves out from under the absolute tyrannical control of the Federal Government. As long as we use their money, and as long as their money holds value, then we are their sheep.

There will undoubtedly be pain involved with the separation process, but I would rather pull off the bandaid quickly and experience some pain rather than endure decades and centuries under an oppressive government.

Who asked me if I wanted to be taxed? Oh wait-- no one did.

No you don't want the dollar to collapse you want it replaced to a government controlled currency. A lot of people don't know that the Federal Reserve contrary to its name is a privately owned central bank that isn't controlled by the government. Its company that is trying to make a profit just like any other business and that's what a lot of people have a problem with since the government owes money to the federal reserve and its puts interest rates on the money the government gets. FDR was going to replace the dollar with silver but he was assassinated before he could change the system.There are a lot of conspiracies about this if you want more information go check it out.
wendyB

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:49:37 AM

Fed is an independent government bureau that determines the nation's monetary policy and sets interest rates, but many don't like its existence. There was a petition to the Congress to audit the Federal Reserve. The issue had resulted to a big debate. A bill passed to audit it was already approved by the House of Representatives. Here is the source: Federal Reserve.
Bit_Happy
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1040

A Great Time to Start Something!

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:31:19 AM

The Federal Reserve's dominance is a matter of "National Security" for the US Government. Expect them to act accordingly to try to maintain their dominance. But they will fail ultimately.

We don't want to be accused of "financial terrorism", I'm hoping things stay relatively peaceful for a long time.

feverpitch

Activity: 379
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:35:10 AM

I can think of more then 10 reasons.... =|
tins

Activity: 882

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 06:48:26 AM

I can think of more then 10 reasons.... =|

Like being the world's greatest scam.
chopstick
Legendary

Activity: 992
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 04:17:43 PM

Entire wars are fought and millions of lives ended all to prop up our current federal reserve banking system.

The bankers own the world.

Remember Libya? They were one of the few countries in the world that did not submit to the Bankers. Infact they were trying to go back to the gold standard and prop up the Libyan Dinar, which could have freed all of Africa from the control of the top Banking Elite.

Guess what happens?

All of a sudden Libya has a "revolution"...
burpee

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:40:37 PM

Additional benefits not yet mentioned...

- Unlike the USD, Bitcoin isn't influenced by the EVIL FEDS.  Instead, it's value is influenced by the actions of wonderful people such as Mark Karpeles and the fine folks at the PBOC (among others).
- It cures cancer.
- Helps little old ladies cross the street.
- Can prevent unwanted pregnancies yet facilitate fertility in couples wishing to become pregnant.
- Mitigates the damages of earthquakes by 53%.
- Helps its users release special pheromones that make them more attractive.
- Can save you 15% or more on your car insurance.
- Whitens teeth.
- Is much more simple to use.
- No pesky insurance to protect users or any of those other annoying consumer protections.
- The only thing strong enough to kill Chuck Norris.
- Can solve the energy crisis.
- It is the currency of the future: When the value is going down, people will HODL! and spend it in the future when it's more valuable.  When the value is going up, people will spend it in the future when it is worth more.
snarlpill

Activity: 910
Merit: 530

$5 24k Gold FREE 4 sign-up! Mene.com/invite/h5ZRRP

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 05:53:24 PM

Entire wars are fought and millions of lives ended all to prop up our current federal reserve banking system.

The bankers own the world.

Remember Libya? They were one of the few countries in the world that did not submit to the Bankers. Infact they were trying to go back to the gold standard and prop up the Libyan Dinar, which could have freed all of Africa from the control of the top Banking Elite.

Guess what happens?

All of a sudden Libya has a "revolution"...

Exactly. There were only a handful of countries that didn't have an IMF controlled central bank in like 2000. Libya, Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Iran, Syria.. And maybe 1 or 2 more. But does anybody see a pattern here? Hmm... Idk. That's just what I've heard. I won't say anymore though.

Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:01:48 PM

Just read zerohedge, you'll see why the Fed is so bad.  I actually never realized it until I started reading there.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
dddbtc

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:05:10 PM

Greetings all,

To begin, I'll state something that is probably rather obvious to any of you who talk with anyone who is not a bitcoin enthusiast:  

There is a disconnect between those who are well-educated in digital currency technology and those who are well-educated in economics.

For the past several months, I've been trying to reconcile this concept of digital currency with a few economists.  In general, the prevailing view I am met with initially is that bitcoin is a fundamentally disruptive technology (I don't disagree) and that it fundamentally runs contrary to the government and central bank (I do disagree).

Now, most of you are probably, at least somewhat, anti-government, anti-banksters, or at least anti-oppression and anti-corruption.  This is all well and good, I don't intend for what I present here to run against the community tendency towards Libertarianism, or to be political in any respect.  This is purely an academic model to demonstrate the case, not to necessarily advocate for any political agenda, policy decisions, or community action.

I assert that the innovation bitcoin brings to the table can help to promote economic activity and growth on a widespread scale without diminishing the central bank's capacity to maintain policy goals.

Now, this may seem contradictory, and I fully understand that.  Hopefully, after reading this, whether or not you agree with the veracity of the details, I'll have made the case well enough that the general assertions seem at least possible, if not plausible.  

To flesh out the case, we will first have to clarify initial premises:

1)  This model holds that the descriptive portion of Modern Money Theory (or neochartalism as it is often called) is the best representation of how existing Fiat economies function.  An introduction to MMT can be found here.

2)  There are some situations in which a free market can produce inefficient and socially undesirable outcomes when left to its own devices.

3)  Effective economic policy decisions from a central authority aim to correct inefficiencies and promote economic growth through the most non-intrusive method possible that still achieves these goals.  Functional Finance style approaches to policy action tend to accomplish this most readily.

Now on to the meat.  

To begin, I'd like to introduce you to a way of thinking about money I'll colloquially term "Numismatic Economics."  

I assert that the type of token circulated as a money in an economy can have an impact on economic activity and growth.  This tends to seem much more intuitive to bitcoiners than economists, for whatever reason.  It seems rather obvious to say that people will prefer to use the most convenient, cheap, and safe token available to conduct their transactions, and that the number of transactions they conduct may be influenced by the type of token they use.

Given that this is the case, and given that governments are able to enforce the mandatory acceptance of a token by vendors (legal tender laws) and create some sort of demand for their token via imposed tax obligations, we can say that the type of token a government 'forces' on the economy can have ramifications on the effectiveness of their policy decisions.

So I set out to create a framework that describe how this interaction might take place comparatively between single token systems as well as in multi-token systems.  The preliminary model I arrived at for the general case is available here.

In the context of this framework, it is easy to see how the addition of a bitcoin-like token circulating with the standard centralized electronic representation of the US dollar (the predominant current token at present) may push further the potential for economic growth, as it will tend to be cheaper to produce and transact, as well as having a significantly lower storage cost to users and anti-counterfeiting cost to the sovereign.  

All other things being equal, if a central bank accepted taxes in a digital currency whose blockchain that they could fork at will to effect policy decisions (likely through the coercive use of legal force), and if they correctly managed the rate of token production and the tax acceptance rate, economic activity could be effectively increased without diminishing the sovereign's regulatory capacity.

Be this desirable or undesirable in the context of our personal political viewpoints, the implication that a centrally-managed, decentrally-secured digital currency could viably interact with existing political entities in economically beneficial ways is significant.

If this sort of dynamic is accurate, perhaps mainstream economics can be convinced that digital currencies have real potential for use even within existing theoretical frameworks.

And, in a nutshell, I suppose that's it.

I'm interested in criticism on the model itself, as well as the concept it implies.  I'll attempt to answer all questions as promptly and thoroughly as possible, so please feel free to ask away.  Please attempt to keep discussion civil and academic, I look forward to hearing your thoughts!
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 07:07:55 PM

There are at least 10 trillion better reasons.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: