Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 10:43:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 7k and I don't know where to spend it.  (Read 1746 times)
MZD (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:47:46 PM

Cointerra?

Seems like, barring a 100% difficulty increase per month, every month, for the next year I think machines will make more money than simply buying the bitcoins outright.

So I know I want some kind of ASIC but I don't know which one. Huh
g83

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:48:40 PM

I think you should have a look at knc
freethink2013

Activity: 224

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:48:43 PM

Why not buy some coins? BTC-e: 865
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:50:37 PM

localbitcoins.com

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
caminilegroup

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 11:25:09 PM

Just give pm me your paypal email and I'll send you an invoice. I'll even let you claim it as charity  Tongue
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:22:41 AM

My advice, buy some coins and one or two miners just so you can get a taste of the heaven and hell of being a miner. Then come back in a year and tell me which was the better investment - direct btc or mining gear Wink

seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:25:40 AM

Buy coins

/thread

seriously, if you ASK ANY miners here if they would have made more buy just holding on their btc, they all will say yes.

ROI for mining is only in fiat.

MZD (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:46:57 AM

If I buy bitcoins now I'll get 7.58 bitcoins. They are worth 924 today and definitely could be worth double that by next year. So 14k.

Any 2 TH/s machine is going to generate over 20 bitcoins in a years time. I just dont' see how buying bitcoins is better. It's not like I'd buy from BFL. lol.

P.S. I get that the exponential rise in bitcoin and now litecoin over the past year would mean that everyone would have gained more if they would have just bought bitcoins...but we aren't going to see a rise like that again anytime I soon....
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:48:29 AM

General consensus is to invest in the bitcoins themselves, although if you bought at 1200 last week, you'd be down 25% right now, so...

If you're looking to spend money now, and get devices now, hit up the bitmine threads in group buy.  They ship this week, and will ROI even with only half of december mining.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0  They're not a great long term investment, but they're available now, and are the most likely thing to return the investment quickly.  You can take the earnings from that, and reinvest in the new stuff coming out in feb 2014.
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:49:54 AM

But you can't buy a 2th machine for $7k now. You can preorder one, it will probably take you till march at the earliest to receive it. That will cut into your btc production by a large factor. If there were 2th machines available now (heck, if there were 1th machines) for that price, they would sell like hotcakes.
dlasher

Activity: 467

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:50:46 AM

With the market the way it is, buy coins.

Wait till it dips into the $600-700 range again, buy, and sit on them. You'll make money back FAR faster than mining..

xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:05:45 AM

Buy coins

/thread

seriously, if you ASK ANY miners here if they would have made more buy just holding on their btc, they all will say yes.

ROI for mining is only in fiat.

Really, lol.  No we won't!  I'm simply not a bitcoin investor.  Period.  I'm a miner.  Buying and holding is not for everyone.  Many people here think the same way.

Btw, how do you increase your bitcoin holdings if you only "buy and hold"?  You will always have the same amount of bitcoins that you originally bought.

Miners can mine and hold, mine and sell and/or mine and reinvest.  You can only buy and hold... and then eventually sell, I suppose.  And then... surprise!  You profit in fiat too... if you're lucky.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:09:48 AM

General consensus is to invest in the bitcoins themselves, although if you bought at 1200 last week, you'd be down 25% right now, so...

If you're looking to spend money now, and get devices now, hit up the bitmine threads in group buy.  They ship this week, and will ROI even with only half of december mining.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0  They're not a great long term investment, but they're available now, and are the most likely thing to return the investment quickly.  You can take the earnings from that, and reinvest in the new stuff coming out in feb 2014.

That's BitMain, not BitMine.  Different companies.  BitMain is currently auctioning/selling the AntMiner  BitMain is only selling preorders for the CoinCraft series of miners.
ScaryHash

Activity: 529
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:10:21 AM

The whole "Just buy BTC thing" is a complete fallacy.

When was the last time that buying stuff actually satisfied anybody for more than 3 days?

With mining, you get to generate your own bits and bytes, which then you can buy stuff with, or hold it, or trade it for fiat, or gold, or silver, or pu$$y or whatever.

When you're mining, you're your own central bank. And, best of all, you did not have to be ratified by anybody.

It simply generates money because you told it to generate money, hooked it up to your network, programmed it, whatever.

It simply does not get any better than that.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:17:40 AM

When was the last time that buying stuff actually satisfied anybody for more than 3 days?

With mining, you get to generate your own bits and bytes, which then you can buy stuff with, or hold it, or trade it for fiat, or gold, or silver, or pu$$y or whatever.

When you're mining, you're your own central bank. And, best of all, you did not have to be ratified by anybody.

It simply generates money because you told it to generate money, hooked it up to your network, programmed it, whatever.

Smiley
gamer4156

Activity: 1008

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:06:20 AM

Mining difficulty is going to do something crazy in the next 2 months. We should have 2THs being mined by the public by the end of the month. Note all this power is already on the network and we doubled the total hashing in 4 weeks. I think we will see some scary numbers come March. Play around with a mining calculator with the difficulty at 5 billion and see if this is a wise investment.

Note I think we see 10k USD/Bitcoin by the end of 2014.
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:10:12 AM

Buy some coins that havent been pumped to death.. look lower on coinmarketcap.com... 10 to 25 should be good.
MZD (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:32:08 AM

Now were getting somewhere. I'm starting to think Scrypt is the way to go. I can buy 11000KH/S right now and ROI in 6 weeks. That and LTC or other Scrypt coins aren't difficulty wont skyrocket for some months.

Question is can I REALLY cash in (convert to BTC OR LTC) these alt alt coins like Neocoin, Galaxycoin, and Philosopherstone. LOL.

That being said I guess any BTC ASIC could also mine SHA-256 alt coins as well...

Hmm...much to ponder so little time.
joshv06

Activity: 991
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:37:13 AM

7k for 110,000kh/s? where?

D A I L Y -  C R Y P T O  -  G I V E W A Y S
▬▬ ●●     Your source for daily free giveaways !    ●● ▬▬
DISCORD    -    TWITTER    -    WEBSITE
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:38:20 AM

Hold on, we can trade BTC for pu$$y?
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: