Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 08:25:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I have 7k and I don't know where to spend it.  (Read 1736 times)
MZD (OP)

Activity: 189
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:42:57 AM

7k for 110,000kh/s? where?

ehh.... You mean 11,000 KH/s? A few 280x?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:48:26 AM

The whole "Just buy BTC thing" is a complete fallacy.

When was the last time that buying stuff actually satisfied anybody for more than 3 days?

With mining, you get to generate your own bits and bytes, which then you can buy stuff with, or hold it, or trade it for fiat, or gold, or silver, or pu$$y or whatever.

When you're mining, you're your own central bank. And, best of all, you did not have to be ratified by anybody.

It simply generates money because you told it to generate money, hooked it up to your network, programmed it, whatever.

It simply does not get any better than that.

Hold on, we can trade BTC for pu$$y?
+1 ?
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:59:29 AM

When was the last time that buying stuff actually satisfied anybody for more than 3 days?

With mining, you get to generate your own bits and bytes, which then you can buy stuff with, or hold it, or trade it for fiat, or gold, or silver, or pu$$y or whatever.

When you're mining, you're your own central bank. And, best of all, you did not have to be ratified by anybody.

It simply generates money because you told it to generate money, hooked it up to your network, programmed it, whatever.

+1 ?

You ain't heard of "Bitch's for Bitcoins" have you  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
nexus99
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:00:55 AM

+1 ?

You ain't heard of "Bitch's for Bitcoins" have you  Roll Eyes  Cheesy

The killer app for BTC...
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:05:09 AM

General consensus is to invest in the bitcoins themselves, although if you bought at 1200 last week, you'd be down 25% right now, so...

If you're looking to spend money now, and get devices now, hit up the bitmine threads in group buy.  They ship this week, and will ROI even with only half of december mining.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0  They're not a great long term investment, but they're available now, and are the most likely thing to return the investment quickly.  You can take the earnings from that, and reinvest in the new stuff coming out in feb 2014.

That's BitMain, not BitMine.  Different companies.  BitMain is currently auctioning/selling the AntMiner  BitMain is only selling preorders for the CoinCraft series of miners.
apologies, yes.  i typoed.  :-p  as you did.  ;-)
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:11:21 AM

General consensus is to invest in the bitcoins themselves, although if you bought at 1200 last week, you'd be down 25% right now, so...

If you're looking to spend money now, and get devices now, hit up the bitmine threads in group buy.  They ship this week, and will ROI even with only half of december mining.  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=364342.0  They're not a great long term investment, but they're available now, and are the most likely thing to return the investment quickly.  You can take the earnings from that, and reinvest in the new stuff coming out in feb 2014.

That's BitMain, not BitMine.  Different companies.  BitMain is currently auctioning/selling the AntMiner  BitMain is only selling preorders for the CoinCraft series of miners.
apologies, yes.  i typoed.  :-p  as you did.  ;-)

WAHAHA!  Too funny!  BitMain and BitMine are just too similar.

But I tell you what, BitMain makes a damn nice miner.  They seemingly came out of nowhere with one if the best built miners I have in my possession.  The only thing that is holding them back from massive success is questionable distribution methods.  Auctions and group buys, why?
Cheshyr

Activity: 168

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:57:05 PM

That's BitMain, not BitMine.  Different companies.  BitMain is currently auctioning/selling the AntMiner  BitMain is only selling preorders for the CoinCraft series of miners.
apologies, yes.  i typoed.  :-p  as you did.  ;-)

WAHAHA!  Too funny!  BitMain and BitMine are just too similar.

But I tell you what, BitMain makes a damn nice miner.  They seemingly came out of nowhere with one if the best built miners I have in my possession.  The only thing that is holding them back from massive success is questionable distribution methods.  Auctions and group buys, why?
From the sounds of things, it's their production volumes.  They had an excellent week, and built 150 units?  Sounds like low budget pick-and-place, or manual builds.  And the auctions and group buys sound like a small company that's keeping their head on their shoulders; frankly.  No delusions of grandeur.

I'm super excited to get my hands on a couple of their chips and build my own system, but the 10k minimum chip buy is out of my price range.  Requiring that level of commitment also speaks towards a smaller company...  either they need that much to get their manufacturers attention, or they don't have the capital to risk on smaller, riskier ventures.  I would guess they were planning an ASIC, and found themselves unexpectedly ahead of the other manufacturers, and are rushing to capitalize.

Either way, excellent chips, excellent miners, and shipping early enough to be nearly profitable.  Now to find a way to buy samples...
clenell

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:39:12 PM

Smiley

Grin

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: