Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:52:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bounce is Official  (Read 5117 times)
theonewhowaskazu (OP)

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:55:20 PM

That was the biggest dip in months (in terms of both distance dipped, and time we stayed down) but looks like we're bouncing right back.

Bitcoin's resilience is growing.

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:56:12 PM

lol
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:57:15 PM

that is my impression also. new highs on the horizon.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:00:56 PM

Well, I guess we'll see where this goes. Bull traps wouldn't be such if they weren't convincing, after all.  Cheesy
Hfertig

Activity: 361

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:05:30 PM

It looks like a bull trap to me.
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:10:17 PM

I am watching this closely and must say I am surprised it rebounded so quickly.
Volume also seems low and it is not a good sign that it has not reached over 1,000 yet.

I honestly do not know where it will go at this point so that may mean it may just stay around where it is

I do know the first bubble took a fairly long time to deflate from the $30 to $2.01 and had its ups and downs like this.

I am still convinced that many people are slowly cashing out and because they are not trusting the exchanges with too much of their money at one time, they will take advantage of this time to continue to cash out. I worry that there will not be enough buyers buying at such a high price to cash out all the people who want out. The downward pressure may win here.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:12:54 PM

not trusting the exchanges with too much of their money at one time, they will take advantage of this time to continue to cash out.

this is a good incite. i hadn't thought about it that way.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:15:18 PM

It looks like a bull trap to me.

Soopaman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:19:35 PM

I smell bull trap. I don't trust this level of optimism after such a quick rebound.

That said, I hope I'm wrong.
Hfertig

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:22:23 PM

I am watching this closely and must say I am surprised it rebounded so quickly.
Volume also seems low and it is not a good sign that it has not reached over 1,000 yet.

I honestly do not know where it will go at this point so that may mean it may just stay around where it is

I do know the first bubble took a fairly long time to deflate from the $30 to $2.01 and had its ups and downs like this.

I am still convinced that many people are slowly cashing out and because they are not trusting the exchanges with too much of their money at one time, they will take advantage of this time to continue to cash out. I worry that there will not be enough buyers buying at such a high price to cash out all the people who want out. The downward pressure may win here.

People need to cash out slowly. Imagine, if just 2% of all people cash out quickly (or everyone just sells 2%). That would be 240,000 coins hitting the exchanges. Look at the order books and make your own guess...

Remember that if someone is going to dump 1000 coins on Gox now, we would approximately go down by 40 USD. The guy doing that would have pocketed around USD 880.000, but the Bitcoin marketcap would decrease by USD 480 Mio.

EDIT: (not implying that one person can move the market as such, I just want to point out how fragile the whole wealth in Bitcoin is)

zby
Legendary

Activity: 1592
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:23:54 PM

I smell bull trap. I don't trust this level of optimism after such a quick rebound.

The Chinese news was quite wrongly interpreted - I don't consider it too surprising that the price rebound after people realized the confusion. On the other hand the price is bloody high.
Hfertig

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 10:31:40 PM

The Chinese news was quite wrongly interpreted - I don't consider it too surprising that the price rebound after people realized the confusion. On the other hand the price is bloody high.

I don´t think the news caused the crash, it was just the trigger of a healthy correction. The double top was forming anyway. 1 BTC = 1 ounce of Gold was not sustainable. And you are very right, the price is still bloody high...
quone17

Activity: 224
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 10:39:32 PM

I think there needed to be something that was going to trigger a correction and I bet most people were just looking for some reason to sell, at least some of their coins, and there was the China news right on cue.  The question is whether anything else will happen soon.  What about the chances of closing the new Silk Road?

Bitcoin Exchange Guide- List of the Top Bitcoin Exchanges, Find Places to Buy, Sell and Trade Bitcoins.
meanig

Activity: 531
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:00:00 PM

Keep an eye on the Gox bid sum. Pre-crash is was consistently over $35million. Post crash low was only $24million. Now it's back to $34million. If it keeps heading towards the $40million mark I think we'll be touching the ATH by Christmas.
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:01:38 PM

Yes I don't know why but it feels like almost a return to normal. It feels good  Grin

Lol. Very good Smiley

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:04:42 PM

Keep an eye on the Gox bid sum. Pre-crash is was consistently over $35million. Post crash low was only $24million. Now it's back to $34million. If it keeps heading towards the $40million mark I think we'll be touching the ATH by Christmas.

Good note, a few days ago i've started looking at the bid sums, i can see it as an indicator.

Interestingly Fiatleak proved pretty useful to me, yesterday the buys were insane however the price wasn't going up until few hours later it jumped from $700 to $900. It seems a whole new wave of buyers got in at the $650-$700 range

DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:04:54 PM

Two words:  low volume.
Now that might change but until it does it doesn't show any conviction in the reversal.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:07:51 PM

Two words:  low volume.
Now that might change but until it does it doesn't show any conviction in the reversal.
My thoughts as well.
gooryheta

Activity: 167
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:13:54 PM

Remember that if someone is going to dump 1000 coins on Gox now, we would approximately go down by 40 USD. The guy doing that would have pocketed around USD 880.000, but the Bitcoin marketcap would decrease by USD 480 Mio.

Thats why Bitcoin market cap is not usefull indication of anything, what matters are the buy orders placed

__                 ☆☆☆ TrustedCar Flex │ Changing Car Ownership Forever ☆☆☆                  __
‗/l__l\__                                 Token Sale June up to 30% Bonus                               __/l__l\‗
╘Θ═╧═Θ.╛   WhitepaperLightpaperANN ThreadFacebookTwitterTelegram   ╘.Θ═╧═Θ╛
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:41:39 PM

+1
I am not really sure, but I am guessing its a bull trap.
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: