Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 08:54:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [2013-12-10] Bitcoin mentioned on The Simpsons  (Read 3445 times)
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:21:44 AM

Bitcoin mentioned on The Simpsons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Xg2gC-MuQA

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:28:05 AM

only crusty could do poorly in the bitcoin market  Grin

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Spaceman_Spiff
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:43:36 AM

Yeah, Lisa should have replied : "why didn't you just buy and hold" ?  Wink
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:51:14 AM

Yeah, Lisa should have replied : "why didn't you just buy and hold" ?  Wink

I have a conspiracy theory that Blitz is Krusty..... He is a clown for sure.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:35:37 AM

Krusty spent all his bitcoins buying cocaine on Silk Road.

PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:19:25 AM

I prefer those news than those from the swiss parliament  Tongue
exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:13:10 AM

Krusty spent all his bitcoins buying cocaine on Silk Road.

It was bound to happen sooner or later.  Either that or gamble it all away betting against the Harlem Globetrotters.

PatMan

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Watch out for the "Neg-Rep-Dogie-Police".....

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:19:11 AM

DOH!!!

Sorry. Couldn't resist it  Grin

"When one person is deluded it is called insanity - when many people are deluded it is called religion" - Robert M. Pirsig.  I don't want your coins, I want change.
Amazon UK BTC payment service - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=301229.0 - with FREE delivery!
http://www.ae911truth.org/ - http://rethink911.org/ - http://rememberbuilding7.org/
empoweoqwj

Activity: 518

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:48:00 AM

I stopped watching the Simpsons when they started replacing jokes with references to ipads, ipods, (insert latest gadget here). Desperately trying to "keep up with the kidz" does not equate to comedy. Now if Peter Griffin got hold of some bitcoins, that's a different story  Grin
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:10:42 AM

I stopped watching the Simpsons when they started replacing jokes with references to ipads, ipods, (insert latest gadget here). Desperately trying to "keep up with the kidz" does not equate to comedy. Now if Peter Griffin got hold of some bitcoins, that's a different story  Grin

i stopped watching family guy 1 season after they came back. some of the gags are good, but i don't know.. it's a lot of non-sequitor humor, and i may be a little elitist when i say this, but a lot of dumb people make family guy references and think they are very smart.

but yeah, if there's a reference to bitcoins on the simpsons, you know you've made it to the mainstream.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:03:19 AM

I stopped watching the Simpsons when they started replacing jokes with references to ipads, ipods, (insert latest gadget here). Desperately trying to "keep up with the kidz" does not equate to comedy. Now if Peter Griffin got hold of some bitcoins, that's a different story  Grin

i stopped watching family guy 1 season after they came back. some of the gags are good, but i don't know.. it's a lot of non-sequitor humor, and i may be a little elitist when i say this, but a lot of dumb people make family guy references and think they are very smart.

but yeah, if there's a reference to bitcoins on the simpsons, you know you've made it to the mainstream.

Oh for fuck's sake

You either laugh at the jokes or you dont.

Just because dumb ppl get the jokes doesnt mean the jokes are dumb

And yes you sound like a smartass if you think a joke has to be smart to be funny.

GTFO, bitcoin is too dumb for you.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:26:44 AM

OMG ! That's the reason behind the rise above $900 after the crash, how foolish of me I could not find this.
 Grin

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:24:59 AM

There's a heck of a lot of dumb people watch the simpsons too ....

Family Guy ... I don't know how they could have killed Brian off and replaced him with some "thing" that sounds like he's off Top Cat. Very bad choice.
howzar

Activity: 574

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:32:31 AM

Krusty is an early bitcoin user. He lost few thousand coins on silkroad and got the rest hold-up in mtgox. He is rumored to be satoshi's real identity.
Seriously though Yay for mainstream!
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1011

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 11:22:24 AM

Krusty is an early bitcoin user. He lost few thousand coins on silkroad and got the rest hold-up in mtgox. He is rumored to be satoshi's real identity.
Seriously though Yay for mainstream!

and maybe he pre-ordered from butterfly labs...  Grin

Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:38:04 AM

Wow!  This is incredible Grin  2014 is going to be very exciting; going from obscure internet money to total mainstream acknowledgement.  I wonder where bitcoin will be featured next?

Akka
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:43:17 PM

So we are officially Mainstream now?

Suddenly Bitcoin feels less exiting  Embarrassed

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:10:05 AM

So we are officially Mainstream now?

Suddenly Bitcoin feels less exiting  Embarrassed

Dunno. Does anyone watch The Simpsons anymore. Its so 90's
beetcoin

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:16:32 AM

Oh for fuck's sake

And yes you sound like a smartass if you think a joke has to be smart to be funny.

i never said family guy jokes are dumb. i just i've seen not so bright people use the reasoning of "you have smart taste, you like family guy." family guy references/jokes are okay with me though, but they are basically non-sequitor pop reference jokes.
empoweoqwj

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 05:29:24 AM

Oh for fuck's sake

i never said family guy jokes are dumb. i just i've seen not so bright people use the reasoning of "you have smart taste, you like family guy." family guy references/jokes are okay with me though, but they are basically non-sequitor pop reference jokes.

I know lots of smart people, and by and large, they all like family guy. I also know lots of dumb people, and they "don't get it". Doesn't prove anything, just an observation. Monty python was full of non-sequitors ....... probably most influential comedy of the last 40 years. If u don't find it that funny, don't watch it. Its not really something worth arguing over is it.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: