Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:26:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Greetings Everyone  (Read 455 times)
wobbzz (OP)

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:49:59 AM

Howdy everyone. I heard about bitcoin a long time ago but never got into it. I recently decided to start up my own scrypt mining operation with a goal of one day (hopefully) being able to afford a shiny new (powerful) bitcoin ASIC miner. I'm currently mining with some 280x's against Litecoin and Stablecoin. I'm looking forward to conversing with other folks in the forums and learning about bitcoin and other crypto currencies Smiley

Cheers,
Wobbzz Grin

z2z me @ zs18642322h0h7hzjknejehavx0srwmungl8uj0t3vsxd7jwzr2kdhrcj38setn7ujd500fqn99y52
Sormerense

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:05:53 AM

Heh hey.
Bitcoincoinman

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:09:18 AM

Hey. I just started mining too. I'm finding it fun but I think it will be more of a fad for me. Buying and selling is a much faster way to make coin.

Are you aware the ASCI miners can't do litecoin? I only found that out the other day. But I am new here. Also I think that no ASCI miner will pay it's self off currerntly. We need a massive leap in technology to 3GH/s or higher for a low price point... say under $5000.
sportguy98

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:10:17 AM

Hey. I just started mining too. I'm finding it fun but I think it will be more of a fad for me. Buying and selling is a much faster way to make coin.

Are you aware the ASCI miners can't do litecoin? I only found that out the other day. But I am new here. Also I think that no ASCI miner will pay it's self off currerntly. We need a massive leap in technology to 3GH/s or higher for a low price point... say under $5000.

Long term is better ! Don't gotta worry about the ups and downs.
apoptosis adeline

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:23:12 AM

Hey, how are you! I never got into it either, although I had been watching it for a long time. Had to work instead of buy things, and go to school, so I didn't really have much time to get invested. How are Litecoin and Stablecoin treating you?
bmoconno

Activity: 280
Merit: 261

New In Town...

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:40:01 AM

Are you aware the ASCI miners can't do litecoin?

While this is currently true, hardware is certainly being developed that will work on scrypt coins (like Litecoin).  The first step towards ASICs for Litecoin is FPGAs, and a few companies have prototypes that are already hashing.  It's just a matter of time!  We can only hope that they are fairly priced, and not subject to the "preorder" fiasco that has plagued the Bitcoin ASIC market.

Anyways, welcome to BitcoinTalk and happy mining!

Also, Bitcoincoinman, just put your Litecoin rig someplace you never see it and don't let it be a "fad".  It's better to forget about it and then one day, check the wallet it's mining into and see how you've done!  Grin

If I've helped you out, or you just think I'm awesome… 13SZex4uANVrfTeeuFEXGu6W8EVYtWVB53
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: