Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 06:12:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beware of negative posters with agendas!  (Read 618 times)
daviducsb (OP)

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:59:36 AM

I just want to help make everyone aware that there has been a noticeable upwards spike in "problem" posts the last few weeks. While I am sure a fair amount of these are legitimate, the sheer volume of the posts, the content of some of them makes me think there are people on this board with agendas to help influence the price of BTC to the downside.... this technique is prevalent and used by hedge funds in a lot of stock market related online forums and there is no reason the hedgies and others would not use this forum towards the same ends. Remember, hedge funds can move markets and disinformation is one of the tools that they use. And the algorithms on bitstamp, mtgox, etc etc are probably not that difficult for some of their more sophisticated multi-million dollar trading bots to figure out and really drastically influence the price along with other techniques like misinformation etc. The current high volume of BTC transactions on the exchanges very likely attracts speculators willing to use any means necessary to move prices. So newbies beware!

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 12:42:27 PM

I agree

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:39:46 PM

I agree

We could do with a rest bit from doom and gloomers at the moment.

However many are still buying btc and hardware to mine.

Dispite all the new competition KNC is on the verge of being sold out of their 2nd batch of 1200 units down to under 300 units.

People’s actions speek volumes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: