Bitcoin Forum
September 03, 2024, 05:06:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Coins not showing up in my wallet (using MultiBit)  (Read 446 times)
yetisalmon (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:05:22 AM

Hi,
I had mined using Deepbit as my pool a couple years ago and forgot.  I just recently logged on to transfer my coins to my wallet (which i am using MultiBit)  I made this transfer nearly 4 days ago and am still not seeing any coins in my wallet.  Am I missing something that is completely obvious??  Here is the record from Blockexplorer....

https://blockexplorer.com/address/1K83foH3zcUnm1gpLXVKYda4r1vSwE1VXh

Thanks!

-RLF

agustinfl

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:47:31 AM

In theory it is quite simple, if you have the private key that unencrypts what ever is encrypted using 1K83foH3zcUnm1gpLXVKYda4r1vSwE1VXh, then you own those bitcoins.. the thing is doing this test can be a relatively difficult task...(technically speaking). You could try encrypting some words... and trying to unencrypt using the private key... maybe someone with a better technical background can help!?
yetisalmon (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:04:52 AM

In theory it is quite simple, if you have the private key that unencrypts what ever is encrypted using 1K83foH3zcUnm1gpLXVKYda4r1vSwE1VXh, then you own those bitcoins.. the thing is doing this test can be a relatively difficult task...(technically speaking). You could try encrypting some words... and trying to unencrypt using the private key... maybe someone with a better technical background can help!?

not sure I follow you agustinfl, however my coins did just show up in my wallet....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: