Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:25:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in mainstream media ( latest episode of Silicon Valley )  (Read 155 times)
Wendigo (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 1036

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:50:31 PM
Merited by jeremypwr (1)

Hey guys have you seen the latest episode of the popular TV show Silicon Valley? I don't want to give out any spoilers by the way. In short it's about starting an ICO to raise money, the creator of Bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto and also there was a clever throwback to the English IT guy who threw away his hard drive with lots of Bitcoins on a dump site and made the news some years back. I really enjoyed that episode and made me smile a lot. It's so nice to see Bitcoin featured in the media.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lizardbtc

Activity: 448
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:17:39 PM

Hey guys have you seen the latest episode of the popular TV show Silicon Valley? I don't want to give out any spoilers by the way. In short it's about starting an ICO to raise money, the creator of Bitcoin Satoshi Nakamoto and also there was a clever throwback to the English IT guy who threw away his hard drive with lots of Bitcoins on a dump site and made the news some years back. I really enjoyed that episode and made me smile a lot. It's so nice to see Bitcoin featured in the media.

I think that many people have heard or seen it by now. Honestly I don't follow any media or TV shows but that to some news websites I found about this. ICOs are becomining more popular way to raise funds and we can conclude that by counting how many ICOs started from the begining of this year and this is also one of the highest driving forces for pushing people into crypto. Honestly the more exposure we get the better, situation is far better now than it was ever been for bitcoin and crypto as it is making it's way to the big media giants and yet now it is featured in the TV show of Silicon Valley, at least this shows us how big and real this thing actually is.
Direwolve735

Activity: 448
Merit: 232

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 06:39:06 PM
Merited by DdmrDdmr (1)

I believe that this kind of promotion of information is of great importance. People are easier to perceive information through serials, films, art books than to absorb it purposefully. I think the creators of mainstream media know about all the advertising moves that are used to promote a particular product. It's very cool that bitcoin appeared in mass media. I think more people will find out about it, more people will understand it.
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:52:01 AM

Bitcoin is very popular and powerful crypto currency among all and it has gained the interests of many whales and all big industries and companies to invest a huge money in to and it has successful in making millions of investors within a decade and seriously this is very massive thing and the best part is that it is now streaming on media as Weill and I would love to watch the episode of Silicon Valley and this is really very good if he is showing something about bitcoin and I guess this would encourage more and more people to invest into bitcoin.
Jobbernowl

Activity: 222
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:01:05 AM

I saw all the seasons and all the episodes. There's certainly a lot of jokes. But the show shows the developer's life inside.
I think some people began to be interested in cryptocurrencies after watching Silicon Valley.
And the actors are really very charismatic (Martin Starr & Zach Woods are the best).

triciaa478

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:07:11 AM

This episode is going to make bitcoins more popular and people will engage in ICO more than before. When I watched that episode I told myself Bitcoins has reach far and this is a proof that is here to stay.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 10:07:17 AM

thanks for introducing this here.
i have to watch it later but i can only wish that it doesn't bring in more people who are trying to create some useless junk and call it "ICO" so that they can ask for more free money!

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: