Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:24:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2013-12-10] LA Times: Are Bitcoin believers the new Apple fanboys?  (Read 1528 times)
dave111223 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 06:07:00 AM

Are Bitcoin believers the new Apple fanboys?
http://www.latimes.com/business/hiltzik/la-fi-mh-bitcoin-believers-20131209,0,6707791.story#axzz2mvqavkLU

I think he's just butthurt because 3 days ago he was writing bitcoin obituaries. About "bitcoin crash of 2013: Don't you feel silly now?"
Yes Michael Hiltzik you should feel silly now.
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:15:52 AM

it kinda might be true though.. what i've seen from some of the "to the moon," and "bitcoin will be 100,000 by 2015" people. they can be so involved in their passion that they can only see everything in BTC
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:28:59 AM

it kinda might be true though.. what i've seen from some of the "to the moon," and "bitcoin will be 100,000 by 2015" people. they can be so involved in their passion that they can only see everything in BTC

except ... so far they have been right,  for 3 years we have had exponential growth in both network adoption and correlated pricing. So at this point it is not so much mad, irrational 'passion' but purely past performance and expected growth rates ... although such radical mathematical realities can be otherwise sane people sound crazy and 'passionate' I accept.

exstasie
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1521

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:21:27 AM

It's kind of true.  Bitcoin fanboys are definitely haters to the the other cryptocurrencies, as well as all fiat currencies lol.

If it ain't BTC then it ain't real!

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:25:06 AM

except ... so far they have been right,  for 3 years we have had exponential growth in both network adoption and correlated pricing. So at this point it is not so much mad, irrational 'passion' but purely past performance and expected growth rates ... although such radical mathematical realities can be otherwise sane people sound crazy and 'passionate' I accept.

thinking that bitcoin has long-term growth potential is not the issue. it's just the people who have wildly unreasonable expectations. the kind of people that think bitcoin will take over fiat currencies as THE world payment system.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:34:08 AM

thinking that bitcoin has long-term growth potential is not the issue. it's just the people who have wildly unreasonable expectations. the kind of people that think bitcoin will take over fiat currencies as THE world payment system.

the end point has always been the hard question ... the exponential growth indicates we'll know soon enough what that will be, if the current growth rate were to be sustained for another 5-10 yrs it would indeed easily 'take over' all fiat currencies with total money stock in the 5-10 trillion usd equivalent range, i.e. <10^13

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: