Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:50:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Full page newspaper ads  (Read 759 times)
nak (OP)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:29:18 AM

Bitcoin is getting more and more recognition - but you'd be surprised at how many people still don't have the foggiest idea about it.

I've been a member of 38 degrees, and I like how they garner support for certain topics and raise money to help raise awareness for certain topics. I propose that we setup a fund, perhaps on kickstarter or another crowdfunding platform - raising capital for full-page adverts in some of the most well read papers in the UK and the US. I'm not proposing that the money be sent to me, but I'm sure there are some trusted members on here that would be happy to help out.

I was inspired to post this after reading about JP Morgan's latest attempt to stifle bitcoin:
http://letstalkbitcoin.com/jpmorgan-chase-building-bitcoin-killer/

What do people think?

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
nak (OP)

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:30:10 AM

I should've added - I'm happy to design the adverts for free. That'll be my contribution.

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:43:13 AM

Stop thinking this idea.... it will only drive away ppl.

Why? because it would sound like a scam. Please dont. Why do you think we didnt do this 2 yrs ago?

Bitcoin as a technology doesnt need any ad. Only scam/ponzi scheme does. Ppl will know bitcoin as its adoption grow. And if you think Chase's new BScoin would harm bitcoin, then you dont understand bitcoin yet.
nak (OP)

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:53:22 AM

My worry with Chase's coin is that 90% of people believe everything they read in the paper. JPM Chase have enough money behind them to perpetuate their messages. That's what I'm worried about.

☛ DarkKnightsCoin ☚
seriouscoin

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:59:13 AM

My worry with Chase's coin is that 90% of people believe everything they read in the paper. JPM Chase have enough money behind them to perpetuate their messages. That's what I'm worried about.

LOL

By doing that would somehow convince "90%" of ppl?

Please... Chase's wallet doesnt actually have any private key.... its just a credit.... that need Chase to be a clearing house. My Chasecoin will not have the same value as yours because ..... Chase can redeem me as "high risk"....

Yeah nothing to worry about here.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4475

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:07:51 AM

bitcoin needs no advertising.

bitcoin is a currency. you do not see adverts about dollars or pound coins. what you do see is businesses that help benefit the currency EG visa or mastercard.

which in bitcoin land would be bitpay.

so leave it for bitpay to advertise their business.

advertising bitcoin as if it is a business or a 'scheme' in itself will turn people away

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: