Bitcoin Forum
July 04, 2024, 10:48:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Help for newbie on mining within Slush's pool  (Read 439 times)
izmi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:12:16 AM

Hi, a few days ago I started GUIMiner with a recently created account on Slush's pool (mining.bitcoin.cz).

The miner still states: "Shares: 0 accepted"

And my Slush's pool account still states: "Average hashrate in last 10 rounds: 0 Mhash/s" (although the miner works with ~ 130 Mhash/s)

It seems to me that it doesn't work properly or the miner and the account are not interconnected. How can I check if it is all right?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:24:30 AM

I do not mean this to sound as criticism but guiding advice:

Do not mine BTC with a video card.  You're 130MH/s won't even pay for the wear & tear on your card - let alone the free electricity.

If you want to mine with a GPU, mine a scrypt based coin.   Go to the alternative currency section of the board and learn how.  You will need to use CGMiner most likely, but you can get away with the modified GUIMiner scrypt version if you absolutely have to use a GUI.

If you want to get serious, you need to learn how to write a basic batch (.bat) file.

A simple GPU putting out 130MH/s can make some decent play money, but not by mining Bitcoin... that boat sailed earlier this year.
izmi (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:35:39 AM

Thanks for the reply, really! Smiley

I know it is nothing, I am just trying how it works. Wondering now if I miss something or there is some technical problem on my side.

So thank you for your guiding answer but it actually doesn't answer what I am troubling with.

Or does it mean that it is really too weak minig that it doesn't make any shares so the statistics for only a few days have to be zero?
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:44:03 AM

I mined with a nvidia GTX460SE that did 40MH/s when I first started, but that was in 2011.

At 130MH/s you should be getting about 2 shares a minute at standard difficulty (about 1 share for every 71MH/s).

You should understand GUIMiner is an ancient program that is not maintained.  I don't think anybody can help since they moved off that program long ago.

Try googling middlecoin and mine LTC with that - it automatically gets converted to BTC for a 4% fee.  Probably a lot better option for you than mining BTC at effectively a 99.99% fee considering difficulty.

Either way you really should learn just the very basics of CGMiner, or download GUIMiner for scrypt and try that middlecoin thing https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=150331.0
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: