Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:34:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Apple bans bitcoin aps  (Read 4412 times)
VeeMiner

Activity: 752
Merit: 500

bitcoin hodler

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:09:16 PM

isn't apple planning to launch their own digital currency ?
i read about a patent for imoney some time ago on the forum.
imo bitcoin also disrupts their ibeacon system to some part.
it's in apple's interest to keep bitcoin down and instead try to establish their own system.

this is the logical way for a global company to hold control of your target group and your marketshare.
apple controls their products and OS from beginning to end and therefore also can dictate the rules for nearly every aspect of how users interact with their environment.
why should apple allow implementation of an open source tool for value transfer and loose control in a promising market sector in the future?
(perhaps you should even call it "the" root market sector in that regard as it means control over the instruments for consumerism in everyday life)

apple followers already are highly dependent on what apple feeds them.
so i'm sure they'd cheerfully give away their voting right how and where to spend their hard-earned value.

i suddenly have to think of brave new world  Undecided

this is where beautiful free market comes in. If you're annoyed with Apple banning your favorite bitcoin-transfering app you can dump the piece of crap in the garbage and get a real phone
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
seljo
Legendary

Activity: 1178
Merit: 1014

Hodling since 2011.®

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:19:16 PM

+8999

Hodling since 2011.®
the_sunship

Activity: 230
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:45:42 PM

glad I don't use Mac products.
eindbaas (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:46:47 PM

at least mac is secure. Really love my macbook 13 inch retina and my iPhone 5s bought with bit coin profit Kiss
eindbaas (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

umad?

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:49:42 PM

at least mac is secure. Really love my macbook 13 inch retina and my iPhone 5s bought with bit coin profit Kiss
+1
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:12:03 PM

Apple is like a Ferrari you are not allowed to customize... cool looking, but lame.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:14:57 PM

glad I don't use Mac products.

Yeah, their hardware sucks but their OS isn't quite as bad. In fact I still run Snow Leopard on an old Asus EeePC901 just for fun.

I'll certainly never give even a penny to the Evil Empire though. Apple's always been all about appearance and design, not about performance and engineering.
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:22:03 PM

Apple is like a Ferrari you are not allowed to customize... cool looking, but lame.

You just called a stock Ferrari lame?
You really need another example for this cause you got it all wrong.
BitcoinBarrel
Legendary

Activity: 1961
Merit: 1020

Fill Your Barrel with Bitcoins!

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 03:27:22 PM

There is nothing wrong with a stock Ferrari, but how lame would it be if Ferrari told you that you couldn't make mods to the engine? Or better yet... put a lock on the hood and made it illegal to open it up.

In other words, Ferrari is Cool and Apple is LAME.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██████████████▄
   ▄█████████████████▌
  ▐███████████████████▌
 ▄█████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
▐███████████████████████
 ██████████████████████▀
 ▀████████████████████▀
  ▀██████████████████
    ▀▀████████████▀▀

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:48:49 PM

Yeah, their hardware sucks

Ok I tried to avoid the stupid holywar but this is just too big of a bait. WHAT? A guy using Asus says Apple hardware sucks, WHAT?

As somebody with extensive engineering background, I want to assure you that you won't find apple quality in any other publicly available (not custom-built) devices, especially not korean Asus/Acer/Samsung crap which has only one goal - minimizing production costs - so they cut corners on everything. Man, you really have it all upside down Smiley

how lame would it be if Ferrari told you that you couldn't make mods to the engine? Or better yet... put a lock on the hood and made it illegal to open it up.

They probably should do just that, to protect idiots with lots of money from ruining their new cars. I think they don't do that only because noone who is partially sane does $300k car mods without a certified technician anyway.

i am satoshi
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:09:34 PM

There is nothing wrong with a stock Ferrari, but how lame would it be if Ferrari told you that you couldn't make mods to the engine? Or better yet... put a lock on the hood and made it illegal to open it up.

Actually Ferrari is telling you that. You're gonna lose the warranty on that car.
And if you plan to buy a new F series and be on that very short list you're gonna have to agree with lots of things. And adding mods on it it's not the worst of them.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:38:31 PM

Once bitcoin gains a clear legal status, and the demand for wallet apps grows, I think they will have no choice but to allow wallets anyway

The only way that will happen is when people vote with their "wallet" Smiley
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:40:59 PM

Most seem to be giving Apple way too much credit for conspiracy.   Never subscribe to conspiracy what you can subscribe to incompetence or nearsightedness.

No matter where you go, there you are.
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:44:42 PM

Actually Ferrari is telling you that. You're gonna lose the warranty on that car.
And if you plan to buy a new F series and be on that very short list you're gonna have to agree with lots of things. And adding mods on it it's not the worst of them.
If you make mods to pretty much any car or piece of electronic gear you are going to void the warranty so what's ur point?
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:45:42 PM

Blockchain is still in the app store, and is fully functional for BTC transfers.
hlynur

Activity: 770
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:51:24 PM

Wow wow stop the childish fanboism will you Smiley I use ios, and I understand the only valid point made here, is that bitcoin allows app developers to leave apple with no cut, they definitely won't tolerate that. Right now they are playing it safe, and it's their right - not many people would and should use a bitcoin wallet on the phone at this point, I know I would not and will advise against it, especially not on android where you can lose your unencrypted wallet to any rogue application. Maybe they don;t want to be held responsible for user's losses? Easy for android which does not have a parent "go-to" entity to say "do whatever you want all the risk is yours", but Apple has much more responsibility than that.

Once bitcoin gains a clear legal status, and the demand for wallet apps grows, I think they will have no choice but to allow wallets anyway

sorry i drifted too far into grumpy morning mood rant  Tongue

just wanted to point out that if you only use apple products you step into a closed technological environment and have to play to their rules. (and accept their "responsibility" for the users, which i have to add also includes e.g. censored media in their store)

apple probably still is number one when it comes to accessibility for unexperienced users.
it's just the question what you're ready to sacrifice for it.

i stick to my often preeched theory that apple will attempt to establish their own system.
imo no big global company will directly accept bitcoin but rather take it in exchange for their own centralised currency.
i have no idea when this cryptocurrency-game will start but i expect it during the next 5 years.

The only way that will happen is when people vote with their "wallet" Smiley
Wink

bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

Blockchain is still in the app store, and is fully functional for BTC transfers.

And you can use Safari to log onto Coinbase, Bitstamp, or whatever exchange you need. Their mobile sites are quite good.
minimalB
Donator

Activity: 674
Merit: 522

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:06:06 PM

Apple takes 30% of all in-app payments. Bitcoin competes with that revenue-stream. It's no surprise they cut it off.

If they make me switch to android, they'll make exactly 30% of my 0$ : )
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:07:35 PM

And you can use Safari to log onto Coinbase, Bitstamp, or whatever exchange you need. Their mobile sites are quite good.

That is indeed the work around that has worked for many IOS users.
I do see the benefit of not allowing newbies access to mobile wallets on the phones as there is a risk of not getting the coins "back" if the phone gets stolen.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:50:44 PM

i have no idea when this cryptocurrency-game will start but i expect it during the next 5 years.

Big publishers, like apple, don't need crypto, they would see themselves as a trusted issuer, that makes things much easier for iMoney or whatever. Why give the power away to the miners if they can just hold the ledger on their servers?

If they complete their fully closed ecosystem, their own money would make sense of course. You could be an artist making music on your Mac in GarageBand selling on iTunes for iMoney then buying some generated iFood and paying iBills from your iPhone-operated iCar, ah the future, it's all about convinience Smiley

i am satoshi
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: