Bitcoin Forum
July 28, 2024, 10:25:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: BTC-e wire transfers---Warning, DO NOT TRY THIS!!  (Read 613 times)
jpharneyllc (OP)

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:40:43 AM

I am very new to this forum, really coming here in desperation and to warn people because no one at BTC-e has been responding..I have to wait to post in the BTC-e section...
November 25 I sent out two wire transfers (3000 and 4000) to my two BTC-e accounts, and they still have not been credited or even ACKNOWLEDGED!!

I had been trading on there for a month (with BTC transferred in) and decided to send in $$ following their wire transfer instructions...Big Mistake!!! They sent no acknowledgement, and now I have sent in NUMEROUS support tickets with minimal response back from them! Only after I realized my mistake of transferring money in this way, did I read the article on Coindesk highlighting these issues(http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/2013/12/03/europes-second-largest-bitcoin-exchange-btc-e-banking-issues/   )..
Also yesterdays front page of the NY times shows the Ukraine is having riots, isn't this where they are located this where they are located and not responding? I really have no idea, and am forced to speculate while panicking...

All I can say is for anyone  even THINKING this might be a way to get in on trading on BTC-e, DO NOT DO IT!
Also, I was wondering if anyone has been through this and can offer any advice for me to try to get their attention? Do they eventually get around to delivering the funds
Thank you very much for any helpful replies
jpharneyllc (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:09:38 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 05:46:34 PM by jpharneyllc

I am attempting to attach the screenshot of my support tickets with no replies
http://BTC support ticket,jpharneyllc.png
Didn't work,, how do I post a screenshot, can anyone tell me?
jpharneyllc (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:26:00 PM

Hmmm..By some miracle...I just got both accounts credited after weeks of unanswered support tickets..Are they reading the posts here, I wonder? Huh
Well, anyway, I still must warn that until their communication is better, wire transfers here are an exercise in pure stress and frustration..
Buyer beware...This was a big lesson for me... Undecided
dredd

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:32:01 PM

thank god for this thread, i was just about to wire some money..
jpharneyllc (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

Wow, I was so relieved that my money finally showed up on BTC-e, only to find out that my account is on "Money Hold for 707 HOURS!!!!"
Now I submitted all my identification and this crap is going to start all over again...
TO TOP IT ALL OFF...I just pulled this from their "TERMS" section..::
"BTC-e Terms of Use

By opening an account at BTC-e you agree to the Terms of Use stated in this page. BTC-e reserves the right, at its discretion, to add, remove, or modify portions of these Terms of Agreement at any time. Your continued use of BTC-e following the implementation of changes to these Terms of Agreement implies that you accept such changes.
Please note the funds will be on hold untill the identity is verified.
We don't accept any more international wire transfers from US Citizens or from US Bank !!!! (WHERE DID THIS COME FROM??)
All newly registered users can't withdraw money from an account within 3 working days."

I repeat...DO NOT wire transfer money to BTC-e, I have no idea how long this is going to take now
octo

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:11:56 AM

Thanks for the advice!

I considered it but wiring to a dutch bank branch in czech with a uk beneficiary was just too risky for me. Especially considering there's not even a contact number for btc-e - and who knows who runs it! (their site is registered to a NZ company).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: