Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:44:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Alt-clients for Nxt decentralized exchange  (Read 2780 times)
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:41:02 AM

There are a lot of Nxt users who can't launch "official" Nxt client. I tend to agree that installing Java and running Jetty sucessfully is too complicated for ordinary users. When advanced features come the situation could become worse, coz businessmen r not so tech-savvy as most of us.

U could help Nxt community by developing a "gateway" to Nxt decentralized exchange. This gateway is just a software that talks to Nxt node and visualizes data. It's not necessary to implement mining, transaction handling and other base features. Ur soft is supposed to send simple HTTP requests like "list assets", "place order". The only requirement is that it should be user-friendly (easy to install/run and easy to use).

Post here if u would like to develop such software. Provide a short description what platform ur soft will be for and how it will look like, please.

U'll get documentation and access to a server that hosts Nxt node with enabled exchange. We can't provide *.class files coz they can be easily disassembled.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:51:08 AM

Would this be a good alternative to anyone needing to interface with NXT as a service? Or is this just an exchange interface (no simple 'send from this account to that account')?
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:57:56 AM

Would this be a good alternative to anyone needing to interface with NXT as a service? Or is this just an exchange interface (no simple 'send from this account to that account')?

Sorry, I'm not sure I got u right. This soft will be a user-friendly way to work with Nxt APIs. U can add "send money" if u wish. The soft will connect to a local or a remote 3rd party Nxt node.
nelisky
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:59:54 AM

Sorry, I'm not sure I got u right. This soft will be a user-friendly way to work with Nxt APIs. U can add "send money" if u wish. The soft will connect to a local or a remote 3rd party Nxt node.

Yeah, I'm probably just confusing things. I could just write a simple python library wrapping the NXT api and use my own client for the sending and receiving. Can you share the exchange API, the methods not included in the default client?
nexern

Activity: 597
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:02:37 PM

nice, this is what i was waiting for.
i can deliver a full crossplattform standalone client with no install needs, running out of the box
including charting and technical analysis until end of january coded from scratch to meet api
requirements. please grant access to the specs. Grin
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:05:40 PM

Yeah, I'm probably just confusing things. I could just write a simple python library wrapping the NXT api and use my own client for the sending and receiving. Can you share the exchange API, the methods not included in the default client?

I have only interface HTTP requsts that let to issue an asset, cancel an order and do other things, but they shouldn't be used. API will be implemented in one of the next versions if someone decides to create an alt-client. If noone interested then API will be added later.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:07:31 PM

i can deliver a full crossplattform standalone client with no install needs, running out of the box
including charting and technical analysis until end of january coded from scratch to meet api

Kewl. I'll post specs there after I run a special node. This should take 2-3 days.
nexern

Activity: 597

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:41:04 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 01:35:51 PM by nexern

Kewl. I'll post specs there after I run a special node. This should take 2-3 days.

just checked my *special language* dev stack for gui related stuff.
the client will be very compact ~1mb (will try below 1 mb), selfcontained
(no external dependencies, no installation needed) just copy and run.
win/nix is for sure mac 99%, arm support would be nice too but i have
to see first, due to adjustments to the gui render engine, so this is not
for sure at the start. visualisation are unlimited due to a low level draw
dsl.

please pm me as soon you are ready, to get some time advantage over
copycats seen fast after source code release.

ps: i wish bcnext would release the source end of january but ok, now it's announced...

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 07:57:37 AM

Approx. in 24 hours I'll launch a node with enabled exchange. I'll make a copy of the blockchain at that moment, so u have a whole day to purchase 1000-2000 NXTs if u have none (to be able to play with exchange API). These coins won't be spent on the real blockchain.
freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:45:15 AM

Hello.

Speaking of testing an development will there be any test network or testing layer
available within the NXT system on which would be possible for developers
to test the NXT API implementation in their services/applications
without requiring real NXT coins?

Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 11:38:29 AM

Hello.

Speaking of testing an development will there be any test network or testing layer
available within the NXT system on which would be possible for developers
to test the NXT API implementation in their services/applications
without requiring real NXT coins?

There is no such network atm. But u can set it by urself. Get blockchain on some date and change 7874 port to something else. Ur transactions won't reach the main network then.
BaiMangal

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:53:12 PM

is it too late to get involved in this?

I can to do modules that can be added to a DotNetNuke portal. This is done in c# asp .net
wesleyh

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 08:57:17 PM

Interested also, for mac.
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 09:09:48 PM

is it too late to get involved in this?

No. We'll launch API on the testnet in a couple of weeks.
BaiMangal

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 04:55:27 PM

do you want to give you a vps server on windows azure for the testnet? any os you like..
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 05:53:33 PM

do you want to give you a vps server on windows azure for the testnet? any os you like..

Klee is in charge of controlling the testnet.
BaiMangal

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 06:13:14 PM

Klee is in charge of controlling the testnet.

PMed him, ty
josephliton

Activity: 644

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 07:58:02 PM

Approx. in 24 hours I'll launch a node with enabled exchange. I'll make a copy of the blockchain at that moment, so u have a whole day to purchase 1000-2000 NXTs if u have none (to be able to play with exchange API). These coins won't be spent on the real blockchain.

Bravo ! Come-From-Beyond

BaiMangal

View Profile
January 11, 2014, 10:37:17 PM

is ther a testnet yet? Smiley
Come-from-Beyond (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 12, 2014, 08:04:19 AM

is ther a testnet yet? Smiley

Ask Klee, he is in charge for the testnet AFAIK.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: