Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 07:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Cheap bitcoin hosting?  (Read 1393 times)
Jacce (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 12:36:09 PM

I have created my own faucet. The problem is that I have too many visitors for the free hosting I am currently using, which results in a lot of downtime. Is there any hosting that's either free or costs at most 5 mBTC/month and that can handle many visitors?
Authentic

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

1FRpXqj6kedknh5uNpdo8FS3U49XJPJJy1

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:47:50 PM

I have created my own faucet. The problem is that I have too many visitors for the free hosting I am currently using, which results in a lot of downtime. Is there any hosting that's either free or costs at most 5 mBTC/month and that can handle many visitors?
How much is "many visitors"? How much bandwidth do you need?

Jacce (OP)

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:58:29 PM

How much is "many visitors"? How much bandwidth do you need?

My current site goes down after about 500 daily visitors. I used too much of the CPU. The site itself is very small and all the images are hosted on another server. So 5 GB bandwidth/month should be enough. The functions I need support for is PHP, MySQL and fsockopen. Also, it has to accept Bitcoin if it's not free.
fishy

Activity: 476

What do you call a fish with no eyes? A Fsh!

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:07:25 AM

000webhost is good

\   \  \ \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\◥◣◢◤//////////////// /  /   /
Win88.me ❖ Fair, Trusted Online BTC Gambling ❖
/   /  / ////////////////◢◤◥◣\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ \  \   \
Jacce (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:35:36 AM

000webhost is good

It was exactly that site I used, but I hit their CPU limit after ~500 visitors.
gminds

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:13:33 PM

There are tons of cheap wehosting companies that accept Bitcoin, I am sure that a search engine query for bitcoin web hosting will return a nice list to choose from.
Jacce (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:50:11 PM

As a follow up to this post if any one else seems to have the same problem; Byethost worked great. It has all the functions that I required, 50 GB monthly bandwidth and it should be enough for at least 2 000 daily visitors (I reach maybe 1k/day currently). It also seems to have less general downtime and load faster than 000webhost did. So once again, I recommend Byethost.
Lubliana

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:29:52 PM

I don't get it, what do you mean by Bitcoin hosting?

Do you want to run Bitcoind on the server? obviously not cause you are using free shared hosting

Or are you talking about a website that accepts bitcoins or a website that uses some sort of an API?

Or do you just mean that you want to buy hosting using bitcoins?
Jacce (OP)

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:41:09 PM

I don't get it, what do you mean by Bitcoin hosting?

Do you want to run Bitcoind on the server? obviously not cause you are using free shared hosting

Or are you talking about a website that accepts bitcoins or a website that uses some sort of an API?

Or do you just mean that you want to buy hosting using bitcoins?

I guess I was a bit unclear, but the last one is correct.
Lubliana

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:00:12 PM

You don't have a lot of reliable hosts accepting Bitcoins, but the ones that do charge more then 5 mBTC/m

I'm sure you can find a less reliable host but it's really risky, if you want better security (As secure as shared hosting can get:|)

I will definitely recommend doubling your budget and going for Namecheap or another reliable company:
https://www.namecheap.com/support/payment-options/bitcoin.aspx

If you don't, then simply follow the previous advice and search for "bitcoin hosting" on Google
freethink2013

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 10:02:39 PM

you need some sort of vps, low end probably. I've no idea on namecheap hosting but they are a legit company and aren't going to disappear overnight. imho it's worth paying as little extra for that.
incloudibly

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

The Crypto Hosting Provider

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2014, 01:00:33 AM

Hi, should you still be looking for a VPS company, take a look at this ddos protected cloud hosting for bitcoin offer.

COIN.HOST- Dedciated Servers, VPS and Crypto VPN. Proudly served from Switzerland with privacy in mind.
Jacce (OP)

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 06:47:13 PM

Hi, should you still be looking for a VPS company, take a look at this ddos protected cloud hosting for bitcoin offer.
I'm sorry, but I already found a good host (CleverPuffin).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: