Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 05:49:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wallet addresses expecting freebies wtf!!!  (Read 352 times)
kickingcoin (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:00:18 PM

yes im a newbie, but i couldnt help notice how a lot of the members new and old leave a signature on each post of their wallet addresses.
now thats fine but
1. do you really think that u guys out there blasting the site, giving negative cheeky comments are going to get u any donations??
2.  as a matter of identity or security, so many so called cryptocrats (not sure of correct terminology lol) go on about safe and secure so why on earth would you openly show everyone ur wallet address blatently identifing you?!

Just looking for ur thoughts on this?
Automatic

Activity: 238
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:03:51 PM

1. do you really think that u guys out there blasting the site, giving negative cheeky comments are going to get u any donations??

On another forum, I'm nothing but an ass, I've acquired over seven bitcoins worth of donations, so, yes, very much so.

2.  as a matter of identity or security, so many so called cryptocrats (not sure of correct terminology lol) go on about safe and secure so why on earth would you openly show everyone ur wallet address blatently identifing you?!

Because:-
1. Not everyone cares that you know a random string that is bound to an alias is also owned by the same person who owns another random string.
2. Because freemoney
3. Because we use different wallets per alias, so, if we don't want our funds mixed, we wouldn't combine TXINs.

Please ask for a signed message from my on-site Bitcoin address (Check my profile) before doing any offsite trades with me.
ajax3592

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Crypto News & Tutorials - Coinramble.com

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:05:48 PM

You can always generate more than one address for your wallet.
So it's up to you if you want to generate multiple ones and hide your "identity".

Crypto news/tutorials >>CoinRamble<<                            >>Netcodepool<<                >>My graphics<<
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: