Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:18:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Easier way to see the overlap of crypto projects?  (Read 243 times)
bennylava (OP)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:09:06 PM

Is there a resource for looking at project overlap for cryptos? Maybe its just me but a great many of these cryptos seem to be just doing the same thing. I know there is really only going to be so many variations before they start to be the same, but I think it would help me from an investment standpoint to be able to say something like "Ok coin x has 90% of the same goals as coin y." In some cases its starting to seem like 100%.

If you could easily tell which projects were the same, then you could make better decisions on which ones you wanted to invest in. So maybe you guys know of a site that gives a comprehensive comparison of the various cryptos? Not necessarily in terms of investing, but rather sort of telling you what sets them apart, if anything. I've been doing a lot of research lately and I'm tellin ya, they're all starting to sound like clones of each other.

Not a whole lot of people talk about how similar a new project is to existing ones. Seems like all the youtubers and such are glad to talk about some newer coin, but they don't ever really say that its the same as this other one that is 2 years older. So it would be really cool if there was a site somewhere that said "Look, this coin is just like this coin" or "There is little difference between project x, and project y, as you can clearly see".
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bennylava (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:19:25 PM

I'll go ahead and bump this thread. Seems like a long shot, but you never know. I hope its not just reading white paper after white paper.
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 04:23:11 AM

No but I think its a good idea to make a coin ranking website like Coinmarketcap but with the coins indexed better under different classifications. PoW and PoS should be separated if you ask me, and more indexing under PoW and PoS are needed.

If coins do the same thing then you should check their Github and try to see what project is more active in development.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 3654

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 06:48:23 AM

Knowing what the project is good or not depends on many factors so you will need to research deeply before starting an investment, but I advise you to follow the following:

1. https://cryptopotato.com/crypto-projects/: Use this site as a platform to search for new projects.
2. Use Google: Now do a search on Google for the developer team, project utility, goals, plans, and white paper.

I do not know if I understood your question correctly.

If you're talking about cryptocurrencies, most of them are copies of Bitcoin

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
palle11

Activity: 2310
Merit: 332

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:53:27 AM

...... but I think it would help me from an investment standpoint to be able to say something like "Ok coin x has 90% of the same goals as coin y." In some cases its starting to seem like 100%.

So maybe you guys know of a site that gives a comprehensive comparison of the various cryptos? Not necessarily in terms of investing, but rather sort of telling you what sets them apart,.......

..... So it would be really cool if there was a site somewhere that said "Look, this coin is just like this coin" or "There is little difference between project x, and project y, as you can clearly see".

I very much understand what Op means and I wouldn't mind going through such site too because it will really help. I also do believe that it is about serious researching work which I'm still on.
However, this link provided above won't really do much to what it could be .
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:47:25 PM

Is there a resource for looking at project overlap for cryptos? Maybe its just me but a great many of these cryptos seem to be just doing the same thing. I know there is really only going to be so many variations before they start to be the same, but I think it would help me from an investment standpoint to be able to say something like "Ok coin x has 90% of the same goals as coin y." In some cases its starting to seem like 100%.

If you could easily tell which projects were the same, then you could make better decisions on which ones you wanted to invest in. So maybe you guys know of a site that gives a comprehensive comparison of the various cryptos? Not necessarily in terms of investing, but rather sort of telling you what sets them apart, if anything. I've been doing a lot of research lately and I'm tellin ya, they're all starting to sound like clones of each other.

Not a whole lot of people talk about how similar a new project is to existing ones. Seems like all the youtubers and such are glad to talk about some newer coin, but they don't ever really say that its the same as this other one that is 2 years older. So it would be really cool if there was a site somewhere that said "Look, this coin is just like this coin" or "There is little difference between project x, and project y, as you can clearly see".
I do not have any knowledge about a site like that, it will be useful but one thing you need to understand is that there are many scammers that copy other projects to try to get the money from me investors and scammed them, so more important than to look at what the developers want to achieve, is to look at the developers themselves and look if they can deliver what they are promising.
dunfida
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1131

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:01:20 PM

No but I think its a good idea to make a coin ranking website like Coinmarketcap but with the coins indexed better under different classifications. PoW and PoS should be separated if you ask me, and more indexing under PoW and PoS are needed.

If coins do the same thing then you should check their Github and try to see what project is more active in development.
Good idea but someones doesn't have the plan to make such thing.It would really be a helpful tool but this requires effort and time to compile the list. So many altcoins in the market which do have almost identical proposed purposes which it turns out that the market is being flooded by garbage or not really necessary project since the other one had already launched or make use of that idea.

audaciousbeing

Activity: 1330
Merit: 569

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 10:39:47 PM

Sometimes when I happen to storm on some ANN thread and I read what the project is all about, something just tells me, I have seen this before or read about it before even though I cannot go back to where I saw it first despite the fact that the developer is claiming his own to be the first in the crypto space.

I think its a good idea of what you are asking because If you look at the series of projects coming out on a daily basis over a period of time, while they are not the same thing, you can actually categorized them based on similarities but those who don't know just invest based on the nice ANN thread or the huge bounty its paying and the bonus for early birds not knowing its not offering anything special. However, if someone is going to start that, its going to be an hardwork because I have not seen any site like that, where historical analysis of projects have to be done to have a solid comparison to be done with those launching fresh.
AT101ET
Legendary

Merit: 1348

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:25:02 PM

I think it'll be difficult to generically pinpoint specific differences that coins offer.
It seems like a lot of work to do for little reward especially given that there are so many coins around.
Besides, what system will you be going on in terms of ranking? Coin specs seem to play only a minor role in the popularity of coins which is why CMC ranks them by their monetary value (easily comparable measures).
pinkflower

Activity: 868
Merit: 259

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:24:41 AM

Good idea but someones doesn't have the plan to make such thing.It would really be a helpful tool but this requires effort and time to compile the list. So many altcoins in the market which do have almost identical proposed purposes which it turns out that the market is being flooded by garbage or not really necessary project since the other one had already launched or make use of that idea.

Coinmarketcap can do it. The site already has all the APIs and data in place. All they need to do is have an indexed version of the site and hopefully have the average value of the top 10 in each index.

I think that would assist investors to know which part of the market is "hot" and which is not.
player514
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 07:09:28 AM

I agree, there's a lot of repetitiveness with these projects and sometimes it's really hard to differentiate them. I guess you just have to do the cold, hard research. Going through white papers and maybe looking at similarities and differences in those would help, but as far as I know there's no one place that compares all the similarities and differences between projects. The ANN threads on bitcointalk might give you a better viewpoint on projects.

I guess there was one interesting thing here recently. There was someone promoting their search engine for finding coins and projects. It should be in my recent posts. If you can't find it, I can just pm it to you.

This area is up for grabs! PM me if you're interested.
BCSHonda

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:01:00 PM

This is the right idea for you to make very reasonable. Programmable classifiers are required in their groups. It is hoped that there are many interactive communities, so that new ones are not lost. In particular, it is summarized briefly, avoiding the overlap is difficult to recognize.
that osas

Activity: 172

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:11:40 PM

Preferably I think looking into the people that make up the team might save you from some huge stress instead of reading whitepaper upon white paper. And until a mechanism is put in place to identify fake ICOs one has to painstaking do his or her DYOR!
Binugon

Activity: 182
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 09:59:23 AM

The number of new coins in the crypto market is actually not very good, because this causes investors to take a wait and see position.
xIIImaL
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 14, 2018, 03:13:41 PM

Always look out for new things. Don't miss out on anything newly added. Recently, SciDex has added a new protocol for their projects. Now you can easily join as a volunteer and can work closely with the team. This is a great chance for someone who is interested to learn and grow. You might take a look at this https://medium.com/@SciDex/scidex-join-our-team-as-a-volunteer-ff642ed95aa2 to apply to get a position.

What is the joining and comparison with the scidex link you shared and this thread mate? As I see these kind of people are large in numbers using the forum as the promotion medium without the following any norms sets for promotion.
We should discuss the things which is mentioned in the op post instead of that we are seeing the marketplace promotion means it is not at all a right thing mate.
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 01:06:33 AM

Why stop at just PoW & PoS? Why not DAG from Byteball? or Proof of Transaction from Taucoin?

And why stop at consensus mechanism? We can easily categorize each project with tags for the niche it's serving.

For example there are many self-deflationary tokens out there like Equal and many of them may even be doing their own wallets like Equal, it'd be nice to be able to see the similarities of various projects at a glance and then decide whether I'd want to invest time in reading their whitepaper and eventually invest in them.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
          █                                    █
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █   █               █                █    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
electronicash
Legendary

Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2018, 01:17:26 AM

i've seen a website that does compare and describes each project i just can't remember which site that is. tokenmarket seem to be doinv the same thing though. i know they list ICOs but you manually read each project.

platforms has each version. wavesplatform has primalbase which is also a real estate project and on Eth there are numbers of projects related to real estate and its just up to you to see which overlaps.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
legendster

Activity: 1778
Merit: 764

www.V.systems

View Profile
August 15, 2018, 11:05:54 AM

Always look out for new things. Don't miss out on anything newly added. Recently, SciDex has added a new protocol for their projects. Now you can easily join as a volunteer and can work closely with the team. This is a great chance for someone who is interested to learn and grow. You might take a look at this https://medium.com/@SciDex/scidex-join-our-team-as-a-volunteer-ff642ed95aa2 to apply to get a position.

That's one cheap ass way of getting people to work for a for-profit marketplace/organisation. And they still expect to succeed?
When BTC started it wasn't controlled by a 'for-profit' mentality and hence you will find many 'volunteers' from that time but its downright laughable that these new organizations that are starting up expect people to volunteer instead of hiring professionals.

██████████        ████████████
     ██████████        ██████████
       ██████████        ████████
         ██████████        ██████
           ██████████        ████
             ██████████        ██
               ██████████
                 ██████████
                   ████████
                     ██████
                       ████
                        ██
|
     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                 ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀                ▄▀█             ▄▀                ▄▀█
 ██████████    █             ██████████    █
 █                █                   █                █    █
 █                █     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █    █
 █                █  ▄▀             █                █  ▄▀
 ██████████▀                 ██████████▀
     ▄▀ █  ▀▀▀▀█                   ▄▀ █ ▀▀▀▀▀▀█
 ▄▀             ▄▀█               ▄▀               ▄▀ █
 █████████   █               ██████████    █
 █              █  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █                █  ▄▀
 █████████▀                  ██████████▀

Blockchain
Database
                             ▄▄▄
                         ▄▄▀  ▀▄▄
        ▄           ▄▄▀  ▄▀▄  ▀▄▄
      █▄█   █████████████████    █
        █     █                              █ ▄▀ ▌
        █     █        ▄    █   ▄         █▀ ▄▌
       ██    █      ▀▄   █    ▄▀       █▀█
       ▌ ▌   █            █                █  █
       ▌ ▌   █                              █  █
       ██    ███████████████████
                     ▀▀▄  ▀▄▀  ▄▀▀
                         ▀▀▄  ▄▀▀
                             ▀▀▀
Dev friendly
SDK Platform
                             ▄▄▄▄
                         ▄▄█    █▄▄
                     ▄▄█            █▄▄
                 ▄▄█       ▄▄▄       █▄▄
                 █       ▄▀      ▀▄       █
               █▀     █      █      █     ▀█
               ▀▀█  █   ▄█▀█▄   █  █▀▀
               █▀▀   █  ▀███▀  █   ▀▀█
               ▀▀█     █    █    █     █▀▀
                   ▀▀█   █  █  █   █▀▀
                       ▀████████▀
                           █▄▄▄▄█
                 █        █▄▄▄▄█      █
             ▄▀ █▄                   ▄█  ▀▄
            █   █▀▄         ▀      ▄▀█    █
           █   █  █  ▌      ▀   ▐  █  █    █
           █   █▄▀▄▌      ▀   ▐▄▀▄█    █
           █       █          ▀        █       █
        █▀▀▀▀▀▀█                █▀▀▀▀▀▀█
        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
User-friendly
Token Creation
|
RockBar0

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2018, 10:00:09 PM

This it only spent, for the first days appeared electronic money. Now the workload that it does not work can not be carried. A lot of chaos and need a tool to support this. It is technically and everything it needs to be easily located and seen fastest.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: