Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:26:09 AM *
News: Help 1Dq create 15th anniversary forum artwork.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: how to get started  (Read 392 times)
stewde16 (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:12:33 PM

I would like to accept bitcoin for my business but I'm a bit confused as to how to go about it. I would like to accept payment thru my website so I need to have info to give to my site people so they can install needed codes and I'm in the US. I would like customers not set up with bitcoin to be able to puy them somewhere so they can purchase items from me. And being a small business I would need to be able to transfer bitcoin to USD so I can pay bills.

I have been looking at different sites, wallets etc and find it hard to get information which a lot of that could be due to my location in the US which is not to big on this venue. Is what I'm looking for possible? Any help would be great.
Protrader

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Time is Money !!

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:30:02 PM

I think accepting bitcoin for your online business is very risky because bitcoin conversion rate is very unstable and you may be end with a loss.
so be care full .
Good Luck
chandrew

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:31:17 PM

Coinbase.com would be your best bet. Also see: https://coinbase.com/merchants

The customers would need to already have bitcoin and a BTC address to buy from you. Coinbase can deal with transfers in USD.
jamesstill

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:35:08 PM

I've also had good experience with coinbase.  If you're in the US.  Its the way to go.
hellfrozenow

Activity: 122
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:05:20 PM

I would like to accept bitcoin for my business but I'm a bit confused as to how to go about it. I would like to accept payment thru my website so I need to have info to give to my site people so they can install needed codes and I'm in the US. I would like customers not set up with bitcoin to be able to puy them somewhere so they can purchase items from me. And being a small business I would need to be able to transfer bitcoin to USD so I can pay bills.

I have been looking at different sites, wallets etc and find it hard to get information which a lot of that could be due to my location in the US which is not to big on this venue. Is what I'm looking for possible? Any help would be great.

Try BitPay, you set the USD price and customers pay with Bitcoin amount based on exchange rate. You will have USD only this way
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: