Bitcoin Forum
August 09, 2024, 03:29:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Stay away from bitcoinrigs.org  (Read 779 times)
bode (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:05:45 PM

Hi,
 I purchased some merchandise from bitcoinrigs.org and was informed at time of order that the order was on a 7 day backorder but would ship within the 7 days.  I patiently waited and after the 7 days expected some sort of shipping notice or further communication. I emailed to follow up and ask for tracking number.  No reply.  I followed up with a few more emails over the next few days.  Still no reply.  In the end I contacted my credit card company to proceed with a chargeback since the seller clearly has no desire to talk to customers after payment is made.  I don't know if they expected to just take the money and run or if they didn't have the product.  If they just couldn't supply the product then they should be straightforward to customers.  Either way I would stay far away from these guys.

Hope it helps someone looking to buy...  find an alternate source for your hardware.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:56:26 PM

When you can post outside of newbies move this to Scam Accusations. Smiley

Boltcapt

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:14:22 PM

Same issue. Took a little different approach.

Charge card line item provided a phone number for bitcoinrigs.org in Raleigh, NC. No response to phone calls. With reasonable confidence (but not 100%) linked that phone number to an address that was a UPS Store mailbox. Linked that to another web address which has "whois" info that matched the phone number and mailbox address which provided an individual's name as a POC. You can follow that trail a bit further if you are really interested, but can't do much with the info you get. I put it all in a package and filed a consumer complaint with the State of North Carolina Department of Justice. If anyone is interested the link for the complaint is:

http://www.ncdoj.gov/complaint.aspx

The bitcoinrigs.org web site says they are a "Crypto Mining Corp Company", but the State of North Carolina Secretary of State's corporation search does not find that as a registered North Carolina Corporation.

I know the credit card company will credit my account if I submit there, but I'd like to make at least a feeble attempt to see if the bitcoinrigs.org will communicate and/or follow through on my order.
devthedev
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:21:59 AM

I've posted this in Scam Accusations for you guys.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366610.new#new

rob151515

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:25:23 AM

Thanks for the info!
bode (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:52:39 AM

I've posted this in Scam Accusations for you guys.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=366610.new#new

Thanks... trying to get out of the newbie section is tough!  Smiley
Boltcapt

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:10:49 PM

Patience can be rewarded. I received the ordered blades today and will hook them up tonight. Considerably longer than the seven day advertised delay, but received nonetheless.

bode (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 12:11:31 AM

Patience can be rewarded. I received the ordered blades today and will hook them up tonight. Considerably longer than the seven day advertised delay, but received nonetheless.

Your not going to believe this... or maybe you will.  Since this industry seems riddled with scams... and after repeated ignored attempts to contact the company I processed a chargeback and order product from somewhere else.  4 day after the chargeback I get an automated email saying my order was updated and it was shipped.  I replied and said that I had charged back because of no response from the company and they did not ship in the time they stated they would.  Of course no reply.  Today I get am email from them stating they have filed a police report because they shipped the item and I filed a fraud report after they shipped it (ie: stealing the product). 

I immediately emailed them and said they are $%^#&*( crazy that I attempted repeatedly to contact them, they ignored me, I charged back, then they shipped AFTER my chargeback.  Not my problem they can't run a business properly.  I have no problem paying for the item if they would communicate.  So I have no idea where its going... 

So other people reading this... the company did eventually ship, it was past the date they promised (which seems common in this industry) but they continue to ignore emails even in a situation like this in which I am happy to rectify with them.   Huh  So looks like they do actually sell hardware, but they are just crappy business people who now have accused me of stealing their merchandise.
NewSpiece

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:27:50 AM

I see, thanks for sharing this info.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: