Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:15:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Scam market YObit.net and YObit.io  (Read 307 times)
darkonyks (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 09:58:21 PM

Hello miners, traders and everyone else,

I’d need to inform everyone who is trading or plan to trade with cryptocurrencies to avoid YObit.net and YObit.io in wide circle!
Their security is on so low level that even average hacker can hack the market and there is no support at all!

Now I’ d like to explain this accusation:
First, for login on YObit.net I use Google 2FA and Access code received in my Inbox. So, beside password there is two more authentication methods to access to my account. And of course, there is captcha.
After successful login, e-mail with confirmation of Successful Authorization arrives to inbox with some login information’s like time, user, IP etc.

A few days ago, precise on May 4. 2018. on 05:24 AM CET (Central EU time) someone used my 480 USD from my account and bought 0.05 BTC. After that, BTC balance was just withdrawn to another wallet.
Trx:
2018-05-04 05:47:01
0.04901000 BTC
2a3ab0d4581a8bb08a4caaa20166e6a80ac70f74fbfe42e12ddb46c5c12cb3f1

Orders / Bids Deposits / Withdrawals Lotto / Dice YobiCodes
Time                        Currency   Amount   Status
2018-05-04 05:47:01   BTC   0.04901000   Completed

At mentioned time I was sleeping, I was not logged in and did not use my account to trade. I did not receive any mail with confirmation of successful login. So, how the hell that happened?
I wrote to their support two times and there was no answer at all!

Is there any other explanation then miserable security or someone inside YObit who have access to user’s information’s users accounts to still?
And please, do not think that I have been phished. I am not that stupid!

SO, STAY AWAY FROM YObit!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bubblebubble

Activity: 616
Merit: 23

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:28:48 AM

Yes I can confirm that help desk is unfair and never answer.
At the same time I suggest to activate 2fa system on every exchange account that keeps any type of tokens.
investeerder

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:52:34 AM

At the same time I suggest to activate 2fa system on every exchange account that keeps any type of tokens.

Many people can confirm it since same as you I encounter such bad issue regarding on that site that's why I made my decision on not to trade any alts available on that place. Maybe new people should advise to avoid that site to so that the pile of people who enrage at them will be lessen and their scam business will shut off.

BITWIN.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
██████████████████████
Supercrypt
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:21:54 PM

Many people can confirm it since same as you I encounter such bad issue regarding on that site that's why I made my decision on not to trade any alts available on that place. Maybe new people should advise to avoid that site to so that the pile of people who enrage at them will be lessen and their scam business will shut off.
New people who are just getting into this space should always learn to ask questions or at least search online to be sure they are on the right track, which I believe most of them do not, because if they do, I am sure no one will be using those exchanges like Yobit. It has been mentioned several times on this forum as well as other review websites that there is nothing good that can ever come from exchanges like this, but it is just surprising you will keep finding people using them when there are more reliable exchanges to use.

Now a days I do hear lots of exchanges also started such activities like infinity maintenance mode after long good and reputed services or locking account and asking KYC clearances etc. For example, idex.market keeps showing "Trading under maintenance". I guess it is time for more reliable exchange services where we can find friendly and no-worry trading experiences.
puzzling_rvat

Activity: 672
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:24:55 AM

This topic is really helpful for me, I am going to trade altcoins and I paid attention on YOBIT too. Really thanks for your explanation and really regret of your situation. Good luck in the future!
drumamat

Activity: 1193
Merit: 251

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:45:57 AM

I read a lot of complaints about YObit, but very often I use it, there are coins that can not be bought or sold anywhere. 2fa authentification also good work, maybe you didn't change time in google authentificator
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 02:29:02 PM

I wonder why some of you are just confirming all these now. It is funny that most newbies when they hear of exchange will just end up on any exchange without doing some little research and reading some reviews about the exchange they are about to make use of  and then I wonder what the search engines are basically there for it they can’t be utilized for this.

Yobit, HitBTC and the likes are some of the exchanges no one should ever be considering unless you just have some money to dash away.
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 611

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:31:16 PM

New people who are just getting into this space should always learn to ask questions or at least search online to be sure they are on the right track, which I believe most of them do not, because if they do, I am sure no one will be using those exchanges like Yobit. It has been mentioned several times on this forum as well as other review websites that there is nothing good that can ever come from exchanges like this, but it is just surprising you will keep finding people using them when there are more reliable exchanges to use.

Now a days I do hear lots of exchanges also started such activities like infinity maintenance mode after long good and reputed services or locking account and asking KYC clearances etc. For example, idex.market keeps showing "Trading under maintenance". I guess it is time for more reliable exchange services where we can find friendly and no-worry trading experiences.
Finding this thing:
reliable exchange services where we can find friendly and no-worry trading experiences.

would really be hard as of these days even if we do make use of reputable or top exchange we are still prone to face problems but when it comes to yobit, dont expect for their support to answer you since yobit is known to have the worst support ever to an exchange.

Its really very alarming about on the situation where theres a backdoor access on the account which even theres no notification on such log-in. Dont know how its possible because even if you are phished you would really get stucked into those various security layers.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Acerville

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 03:55:06 AM

how can you probe that yobit is a scam as your status is newbie?yobit is one of the oldest exchange and i was using this exchange almost 4 years.ive never make a bitcointalk account before as i am happy of earning in trading.just be careful of your account and stay away of the phising sites so you will never be scammed again.
timerland

Activity: 1526
Merit: 596

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 08:57:58 AM

Of course there is always a possibility that within an exchange there are immoral actors that are abusing their powers, however I don't think that you have sufficient proof that it's something that was done by the inside. Even if it was, you simply can't accuse them of doing something wrong when you don't have the proof.

If the hacker actually had access to your email, then it would make sense since he could have simply deleted all of your emails. The chances of someone hacking you compared to yobit targeting you individually are probably much higher, even though they are very shady.

Change all your passwords straightaway, including your email. And yes, stop using yobit. Yobit is one of the worst exchanges that have ever existed.

Smiley
SyGambler
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1804

guess who's back

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 09:31:09 PM

yobit was my main exchange after poloniex and bittrex banned my country , and used it for thousands of dollars
There are tons of problems with yobit , but never faced such an issue so this isn't a normal accusation

the best thing is to avoid yobit , but without any solid proof there is nothing to discuss here
actually the majority already knows that yobit is one of the worst exchanges
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 11:58:40 PM

Hello miners, traders and everyone else,

I’d need to inform everyone who is trading or plan to trade with cryptocurrencies to avoid YObit.net and YObit.io in wide circle!
Their security is on so low level that even average hacker can hack the market and there is no support at all!

Now I’ d like to explain this accusation:
First, for login on YObit.net I use Google 2FA and Access code received in my Inbox. So, beside password there is two more authentication methods to access to my account. And of course, there is captcha.
After successful login, e-mail with confirmation of Successful Authorization arrives to inbox with some login information’s like time, user, IP etc.

A few days ago, precise on May 4. 2018. on 05:24 AM CET (Central EU time) someone used my 480 USD from my account and bought 0.05 BTC. After that, BTC balance was just withdrawn to another wallet.
Trx:
2018-05-04 05:47:01
0.04901000 BTC
2a3ab0d4581a8bb08a4caaa20166e6a80ac70f74fbfe42e12ddb46c5c12cb3f1

Orders / Bids Deposits / Withdrawals Lotto / Dice YobiCodes
Time                        Currency   Amount   Status
2018-05-04 05:47:01   BTC   0.04901000   Completed

At mentioned time I was sleeping, I was not logged in and did not use my account to trade. I did not receive any mail with confirmation of successful login. So, how the hell that happened?
I wrote to their support two times and there was no answer at all!

Is there any other explanation then miserable security or someone inside YObit who have access to user’s information’s users accounts to still?
And please, do not think that I have been phished. I am not that stupid!

SO, STAY AWAY FROM YObit!!!

I still think that you're probably hacked, because as bad of a reputation Yobit has I don't think anyone can consistently reported lost funds without any notification to them. The probabilities of something done on the inside is relatively small, in my opinion. But of course with yobit, you never know what's going to happen.

You don't have any proof to prove to anyone that it was indeed done from the inside by Yobit employees, all you have is the fact that you didn't receive the login notification and the verification code, which could have easily been deleted afterwards by the hacker.

Avoid yobit, it's a terrible exchange with 0 customer support. But I think it's more than likely that you got hacked, even if you didn't, and it's as you said, an insider job, you have no proof so it's quite futile. Again, best thing is to not use Yobit altogether.
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 01:35:39 PM

This has been confirmed a long time ago, except that most of you usually do not know how to make some research on the exchanges you are about to use. You are all easily swayed by getting shitty forked coins, trading shit coins and all that, which always make you guys end up in exchanges like this. The point however here is that, you cannot always eat your cake and have it. Irrespective of what you do to beef up the securities on these type of exchanges like Yobit, it does not change the fact that it is still a shit exchange.
darkonyks (OP)

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 20, 2018, 09:04:13 PM

Yes, you are right, the most people do not search before they trade. This was my case too. I admit I did not search online enough, but the problem is that there is so few exchanges that supports trading from my country... I can deposit and trade, but when I need to withdraw money, on most markets that is impossible! One of the few where I can withdraw my money is YObit, where I can easily make transactions to my account. And it was no problems with selling coins on YObit and withdrawals. I sell more than 6 ETH I mined, procedure was to deposit on YObit when price was good, sell ETH and withdraw! This operations was long 5 minutes and I did not have any complains! Problem was when I decide to not withdraw USD when I sold my ETH than to try to trade a little. My USD was at my account only one day! Next morning they vanished!

It is not possible that I was hacked just that day when I had USD on my balance! NO CHANCE!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: