Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:43:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a good time to buy, according to this source  (Read 676 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:08:04 PM

So, what do you guys think? Is really not a good to buy?

well i am not a future teller but i know a lot about the past!
for example last year when price was $800-$900 and struggling to break the $1k resistance people were saying it is not a good time to buy and they were calling bitcoin a "bubble". then when price went to $1200 the "bubble talk" became even bigger and everyone was encouraging others not to buy. then price started shooting up to $2k and above...

not saying the same is going to happen here but remember that listening to others has never been fruitful when it comes to bitcoin.
This people whos keep on reading those "wall St." prediction or press releases should stop believing nor giving some glance,this guys talks only for their own benefits,they dont even know whats the truth but all they know is what would they gain after delivering some words

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitcoinisbest

Activity: 1218
Merit: 557

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:24:01 PM

Uh yeah I read that article it was awful! A supposed Wall St analyst is advising not to buy an asset when it is at its low, but instead saying you should wait to buy an asset when it starts getting high and is pumping. I mean yeah if you are just looking to make a bunch of money in the very short term then waiting until a bull run starts so you can make a profit in a couple weeks is good, but otherwise that is the worst advice ever. How did this guy become an analyst?!?! He's literally advising people to NOT buy low and sell high.

Always understand that the big investors in real market always buy when the price is fallen or already falling as the rise is always higher compared to low point rather than to start buying when btc is pumping. This is the mistake which many new people or even experience do it and then when it falls they keep cursing the btc or market.
brawdias (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 01:36:04 PM

Actually, I believe in the complete opposite. When there is no engagement, when everyone is talking it down, when everything is dull and future looks bleak, that's when it's a good time to buy. But that having been said, there is no bad time to buy, if you're a holder and are thinking about 5 years at least into the future. Of course we all want the best entries, but second best is buying 5 years before Bitcoin reaches 1 million dollars, right? Wink

I completely agree !!
XinXan

Activity: 1064
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:39:34 PM

I personally think it is indeed not a good time to buy if you are looking for really short term investments. I think bitcoin will pullback a little before the next bull run, if we have a bull run. Long term however it does look like a good time to buy, really good news about nasdaq and the new york exchange.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:48:28 PM

Uh yeah I read that article it was awful! A supposed Wall St analyst is advising not to buy an asset when it is at its low, but instead saying you should wait to buy an asset when it starts getting high and is pumping. I mean yeah if you are just looking to make a bunch of money in the very short term then waiting until a bull run starts so you can make a profit in a couple weeks is good, but otherwise that is the worst advice ever. How did this guy become an analyst?!?! He's literally advising people to NOT buy low and sell high.

Always understand that the big investors in real market always buy when the price is fallen or already falling as the rise is always higher compared to low point rather than to start buying when btc is pumping. This is the mistake which many new people or even experience do it and then when it falls they keep cursing the btc or market.

Exactly. And this Wall St analyst is giving the exact opposite advice.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:11:24 PM

As far as I know these analysts work for the big guys in the industry, they try to setup people to follow the herd which then ends up being eaten by whales.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
bitcad4u

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:30:24 PM

Actually the price of bitcoin is start to raise again,So just your bitcoin.When the price of bitcoin reaches 10,000$,you can get some dollars for the same holding bitcoin.And this is the spectacular beauty of bitcoin.Attracting by this point many new people start to inverse in bitcoin.
tomahawk9

Activity: 2086
Merit: 994

Cats on Mars

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:56:24 PM

As far as I know these analysts work for the big guys in the industry, they try to setup people to follow the herd which then ends up being eaten by whales.
The Wall Street analysts need to keep their clients happy. One week they release extremely bullish statements just so that the average joe/cryptocurrency newcomer enters FOMO mode, the next week they say that it isn't a good time to invest in Bitcoin (this might be true but only if you care about the short-term), and I'm pretty sure they say these kind of things just to give the appearance that they are knowledgeable people who know and/or can predict what's gonna happen in the cryptocurrency market. It's all a game for the big players and some people are part of it just by following whatever the analysts say.

Duelbits
            ▄████▄▄
          ▄█████████▄
        ▄█████████████▄
     ▄██████████████████▄
   ▄████▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄███▄
 ▄████▐▀▄▄▀▌████▐▀▄▄▀▌██

██████▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀█████

▐████████████■▄▄▄■██████████▀
▐██████████████████████████▀
██████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀███████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████▀
         ▄ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▄▄
         ▄▀▀▄      █
         █   ▀▄     █
       ▄█▄     ▀▄   █
      ▄▀ ▀▄      ▀█▀
    ▄▀     ▀█▄▄▄▀▀ ▀
  ▄▀  ▄▀  ▄▀

Live Games

▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
 ▄▀ ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▄
▄▀ █ ▄  █  ▄ █ ▀▄
█ █   ▀   ▀   █ █  ▄▄▄
█ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █ █   █
█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █▄█
█ ▀▀█  ▀▀█  ▀▀█ █  █▄█

Slots
        ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
        █         ▄▄  █
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄       █
█  ▄▄         █       █
█             █       █
█   ▄▀▀▄▀▀▄   █       █
█   ▀▄   ▄▀   █       █

Blackjack
|█▀▀▀▀▀█▄▄▄
       ▀████▄▄
         ██████▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀    ▀▀█
████████▄        █
█████████▄        █
██████████▄     ▄██
█████████▀▀▀█▄▄████
▀▀███▀▀       ████
   █          ███
   █          █▀
▄█████▄▄▄ ▄▄▀▀
███████▀▀▀
                 NEW!                  
SPORTS BETTING 
|||
[ Đ ][ Ł ]
AVAILABLE NOW
krauzzer02

Activity: 378
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 03:57:50 PM

They even said that it will drop below 4k last month and it is not the right time to buy before that major drop but what happens? if the person knows that it is the right time to buy then do it if you have some authentic resources that it is the right timing then buy some bitcoins to store, tons of people hesitated because of this predictions yet the timing is right it so happens that the market is unpredictable at some point that why we should not dig into it.
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:16:49 PM

Right now is the best time to buy, we've found strong support around $9000 twice now. Means Bitcoin will likely break through $10k resistance soon and by a couple weeks from now it is very possible the price will never be this low again.
vintages

Activity: 966
Merit: 153

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:21:13 PM

Do not let any self proclaimed or a so called cryptocurrency expert tell you when to invest or direct you on how to invest cause sometime not every prediction they make is correct. Some expert of cryptocurrency are also traders like you and are just saying things that they felt will be good. I remember when the price was $6k+, some experts said not to buy. OP, if you have the capital and patient, then buy.
Crypto_Freezy

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:29:18 PM

Its the best time to buy BTC. Because BTC is at a very low level still and in a uptrend curve. It will rise up very soon. So better to buy BTC as much as possible and to full your bags..
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:10:32 PM

I was always told to buy when the general public tells you not to, and to sell when the general public tells you to buy. In the same way it goes up for all the market gurus and experts telling you what to do and what not to do. It makes sense, but the most important factor is your own investment plan or strategy. Most regulars prefer to apply the dollar-cost-averaging strategy since that is the easiest option with how you can just keep buying without doing any actual research, which they are too lazy for anyway. As long as they believe the long term price will make up for it, and Bitcoin thus far has always delivered that much wanted long term growth, they'll keep buying even at peak levels....
virtualkeybuyer

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:25:38 PM

Do you guys agree that now is not a good time to buy ?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/pro-btc-wall-st-analyst-urges-not-to-buy-crypto-now-despite-recent-rally

I think his argument regarding engagements is not a good reason, because if we have high engagement , then the prices will be higher. So the best time to buy is when we have good signals, and I think we have such indicatives now.

The price of bitcoin already started to increase and these news often come from those people who have a high amount of money for to invest and they still are waiting for low to invest so they do not want people to hold and they want people to sell so that they can buy at lower price. If you will rely on these news then you will lose the good time to buy. Now the price will increase. Buy as much as you can.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:44:28 PM

well i am not a future teller but i know a lot about the past!
for example last year when price was $800-$900 and struggling to break the $1k resistance people were saying it is not a good time to buy and they were calling bitcoin a "bubble". then when price went to $1200 the "bubble talk" became even bigger and everyone was encouraging others not to buy. then price started shooting up to $2k and above...

not saying the same is going to happen here but remember that listening to others has never been fruitful when it comes to bitcoin.
This is absolutely correct, people need to learn to form their own opinions, that is hard and it is way easier to try to listen to experts and what they have to say but we must remember that the so called experts get many of their predictions wrong as well, I remember just before the housing crisis of 2008 there were many experts saying there was nothing to worry about and they were wrong.
goymas

Activity: 28

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:52:22 PM

well , I'll be going with my opinion. buy the coin when its value is low and invest .
sell when the value goes high .
but I'm going to HODL few even if the value is pretty high .
ene1980

Activity: 2002
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:48:44 PM

I think his argument regarding engagements is not a good reason, because if we have high engagement , then the prices will be higher. So the best time to buy is when we have good signals, and I think we have such indicatives now.
Everyone can have their opinion when it comes to a new market and you have to decide whether to listen to other people or to have your own opinion and for that you need to learn about the entire market and the technical things to figure out the long term possibility and then you wont have confusion whether to invest or not, entry in the market must be careful and make sure you enter at the bottom rather than investing when the price is at an all time high.
BitHodler
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1179

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:09:34 AM

I remember just before the housing crisis of 2008 there were many experts saying there was nothing to worry about and they were wrong.
I am also still waiting for the collapse of the US Dollar that was due years ago already if we had to believe so called experts. In the same fashion there are many other events they failed to predict correctly.

If these experts don't even know how to predict their own market, how on earth do they think to know something about crypto? They are just trying to gain popularity by surfing the crypto waves, and they suck at it.

Bitcoin wasn't a good buy at $100, wasn't a good buy at $500, etc. People kept ignoring Bitcoin for quite a long time because of that, and they last year realized how much they missed out on, and it won't happen again.

BSV is not the real Bcash. Bcash is the real Bcash.
magneto

Activity: 1666
Merit: 753

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:20:41 AM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/pro-btc-wall-st-analyst-urges-not-to-buy-crypto-now-despite-recent-rally

Prices are low but I don't think that right now is the lowest that we're going to see. We saw that BTC went down to $6k or so, and even though the support is quite strong there, there is every possibility that that support can be broken if there were further adjustments downwards in price.

And especially when bitcoin is currently in a pretty bullish state with a lot of people buying up during the rally due to fear of missing out, I would probably cut my buys for now and wait for the correction to happen.

Looking at the long term, bitcoin is still in its early stages, and I think that this price is still going to be favorable in the long run. So by all means, if you have the money to invest, do invest or buy into bitcoin now. However, I'm just saying that with $10k being a psychological barrier, I'm not sure if $9k+ is the best opportunity to buy when we're probably on the brink of a correction which will present many buying opportunities.
PacePay

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:55:24 AM

But those who bought at that time are lucky because actually it is the good time to buy now. That person who gave the statement only fears that again someone will dump the price and he stopped the raising rally of bitcoin but after that day the price started again to rise. It means that this rise in the price is the actual rise in the price and that rise in bitcoin price is because of the increasing demand of bitcoin.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: