Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:50:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Not a good time to buy, according to this source  (Read 676 times)
thecodebear

Activity: 2100
Merit: 813

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:59:49 PM

Do you guys agree that now is not a good time to buy ?

https://cointelegraph.com/news/pro-btc-wall-st-analyst-urges-not-to-buy-crypto-now-despite-recent-rally

I think his argument regarding engagements is not a good reason, because if we have high engagement , then the prices will be higher. So the best time to buy is when we have good signals, and I think we have such indicatives now.

So, what do you guys think? Is really not a good to buy?

Prices are low but I don't think that right now is the lowest that we're going to see. We saw that BTC went down to $6k or so, and even though the support is quite strong there, there is every possibility that that support can be broken if there were further adjustments downwards in price.

And especially when bitcoin is currently in a pretty bullish state with a lot of people buying up during the rally due to fear of missing out, I would probably cut my buys for now and wait for the correction to happen.

Looking at the long term, bitcoin is still in its early stages, and I think that this price is still going to be favorable in the long run. So by all means, if you have the money to invest, do invest or buy into bitcoin now. However, I'm just saying that with $10k being a psychological barrier, I'm not sure if $9k+ is the best opportunity to buy when we're probably on the brink of a correction which will present many buying opportunities.

I would say this is very unlikely. We've already had two corrections back to around 9000 after getting close to $10k. Both times the price has held strong, first at 8800 and the past few days at 9000. The only thing I see breaking that support downwards is if Mt.Gox goes and drops a few hundred million dollars worth of Bitcoin on the market at once again, which will happen at some point I'm sure but it'll probably not happen in the very near term as Bitcoin should move past $10k very soon since the market knows it isn't moving below 9000 now with support being too strong. Right now low 9000s looks like it could very well be the lowest buy-in price we'll ever get from here on out.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:07:57 PM

IMO, engagement or adaptation is one thing that we should be having right now to get the price pumping again but as he said in his article that  they saw a 2.2% on new users creating a bitcoin wallet to purchase last month, it may be one of the reasons why the price of bitcoin is struggling to get out of $10,000 mark. But if we could make the price grow on our own resulting into good news being spread all around the media, it would entice new users again to the crypto world.
EdenHazard
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:23:32 PM

https://cointelegraph.com/news/pro-btc-wall-st-analyst-urges-not-to-buy-crypto-now-despite-recent-rally

I think his argument regarding engagements is not a good reason, because if we have high engagement , then the prices will be higher. So the best time to buy is when we have good signals, and I think we have such indicatives now.

If the author and the one who argues against the article is a human, not an angel you are obliged not to believe. They are just like us and you, you and us can give speculation and prediction to someone else and no one is to blame because the content of our argument depends on the person who reads. There will always be people who say 'no one can accurately predict the price of bitcoin or altcoin', You ever heard that word?

So for you, I will not insist on not give credence to other people's talk. But you need to learn from history, bitcoin and altcoin price history are very dear for you to leave and just watch it. Read and learn more pertaining to history and decide what will you choose, do not take too long time to thinking about matter that have not happened yet.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:09:54 PM

IMO, engagement or adaptation is one thing that we should be having right now to get the price pumping again but as he said in his article that  they saw a 2.2% on new users creating a bitcoin wallet to purchase last month, it may be one of the reasons why the price of bitcoin is struggling to get out of $10,000 mark. But if we could make the price grow on our own resulting into good news being spread all around the media, it would entice new users again to the crypto world.

Still shit whales giving troubles to bitcoin and other cryptos in the market. Whenver I think to invest my fiat cash on crypto currencies. I just wait for little dump and then invest on it. I have thought like bitcoin will rule the world and then we can find the one BTC rate as 100k in 10 years.
To see it as long time investment, BTC is really worth option to invest our money.
If we worry and panic investors, we will loose the profit for sure. Don't give damn to news or article being published on online.
vit05

Activity: 672
Merit: 526

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:26:19 PM

We still need some good news so a fresh rise can be continuous. At the moment no one has any idea how much a BTC should be worth. They're all waiting.
Perhaps good news could be that a small, poor country decides to adopt the BTC as a currency to hold their reserves in an experiment. With something like this, the value would explode and if successful it would be unimaginable how much each BTC could be worth.
komrobert

Activity: 266
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 07:29:56 PM

People that choosing "a good time to buy" will buy something on the high prices, true story. You don't need to wait the best time to buy. Just buy and let your money work.
Idrisu

Activity: 924
Merit: 260

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:27:17 PM

As a trading and I have some investment experience for about 10 years now I think now is the best time for one to invest into cryptocurrencies as I future most of this coins you will not be able to afford to buy them again. I best price to buy any assets is low price and the right time to sell them are when the price is very high and since the price is low now I think if one buy any coin now is not a bad decision.
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:56:10 PM

well i am not a future teller but i know a lot about the past!
for example last year when price was $800-$900 and struggling to break the $1k resistance people were saying it is not a good time to buy and they were calling bitcoin a "bubble". then when price went to $1200 the "bubble talk" became even bigger and everyone was encouraging others not to buy. then price started shooting up to $2k and above...

not saying the same is going to happen here but remember that listening to others has never been fruitful when it comes to bitcoin.

I was missing bearish talks at that time. I  basically sensed first bearish talks when Bitcoin reached $16k.

I think Bitcoin is good to buy under $7k and sell when over $11k at this point of time.
Happiest

Activity: 206
Merit: 22

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:08:34 PM

OP, if you trust the source and the expert who makes these claims, then good for you. Because some sources might have made claims that didn't work at the end. From the way, the bitcoin price is and is moving,  something keeps telling me that the price won't go down again. So, I suggest you should buy  if you want to buy because it might be dipping. But let's keep monitoring it. 
Ultegra134

Activity: 1554
Merit: 744

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:32:27 PM

I did buy some BTC a few days ago, around when the article was published. The market was in the reds, having a decent drop which looked like a good opportunity to buy. However, the next day it crashed even more, having my BTC worth less than before. None of the last price movements were able to recover the loss, thus, I'm waiting for a price spike or something.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
mace15

Activity: 1428
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 11:26:04 PM

People that choosing "a good time to buy" will buy something on the high prices, true story. You don't need to wait the best time to buy. Just buy and let your money work.
When people accept the fact that price is volatile they will invest and buy bitcoin. If willing to take the risks why not buy, many people had it's own predictions and for that we don't know yet truly the time when is the next time to increase. So I prefer to buy than saying sorry by late investing.
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 02:59:43 PM

-snip-

Still shit whales giving troubles to bitcoin and other cryptos in the market. Whenver I think to invest my fiat cash on crypto currencies. I just wait for little dump and then invest on it. I have thought like bitcoin will rule the world and then we can find the one BTC rate as 100k in 10 years.
To see it as long time investment, BTC is really worth option to invest our money.
If we worry and panic investors, we will loose the profit for sure. Don't give damn to news or article being published on online.

Well, we can't do anything about that. There is a reason why they are called whales tho and unfortunately for us, the only thing we could do is to be patient as much as possible and hold out to our cryptos while they go manipulate the price in the market.

Seeing the price dumping right now, you should invest again in bitcoin just as how you said it.  Grin
budz0425

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 11, 2018, 07:49:22 PM

-snip-

Well, we can't do anything about that. There is a reason why they are called whales tho and unfortunately for us, the only thing we could do is to be patient as much as possible and hold out to our cryptos while they go manipulate the price in the market.

Seeing the price dumping right now, you should invest again in bitcoin just as how you said it.  Grin
We are not obliged to invest here, so it is up to us if we are going to invest or to believe to experts, it would still depend on us what we are going to choose, but for me one thing should we keep in our mind and that is to have at least bitcoin even for a bit.
r32godzilla

Activity: 1360
Merit: 506

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:07:12 AM

It's really a good time for those who planned to buy bitcoins as its price has fallen down from the range of 9,000 dollars to 8,000 dollars.But its really a bad time for those who bought bitcoins at the range of 9,000 dollars last week,may be temporarily.

▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄███▀▀▀▀███▄▄
      ▄██▀▀          ▀▀██▄
     ██▀       ██       ▀██
    ██        ██          ██
   ██        ██   ██       ██
  ▐█▌       ██ ▄▄▄ ██      ▐█▌
  ██       ██  ███  ██      ██
  ▐█▌     ██         ██    ▐█▌
   ██    ██           ██   ██
    ██  ▀▀             ▀▀ ██
     ██▄                ▄██
      ▀██▄▄          ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀███▄▄▄▄███▀▀
             ▀▀▀▀▀▀
.Akoin.....ONE AFRICA. ONE KOIN..
█▀▀

█▄▄

▀▀█

▄▄█

█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█  ██████    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ █
█                     █
█ ▄▄▄▄▄▄              █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█

.Telegram....
el kaka22
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 1162

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 05:51:05 AM

It sounds as another FUD attract in the name of analysts, just to get another good prices levels to enter in. To stop the in-flow of new investors and make the existing investors to come out for later buy back, these are all their ways of tricks for cheaper prices to buy more for the same amount of their capital. In my suggestion, never listen to anyone. If you have extra funds and if you believe into the futures of bitcoin then this must be a very good time to buy more bitcoin for long term holding.

It's really a good time for those who planned to buy bitcoins as its price has fallen down from the range of 9,000 dollars to 8,000 dollars.
Most of us was expecting that the prices to break $10k levels in this week, but we are experiencing downfall due to strong resistance levels around $10k. Current levels must be utilized as buying points because at anytime in next week, we are going to see $10,500+ levels.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 06:34:40 AM

Yes it is true for now is not the right time to buy, because it is still at risk for more deeply, indeed in all things investment and trade is very risky but minimize the loss because I am so confident with the graph of the current decline it will last longer still has something to do with Mt.Gox with some outside news.
inooll00

Activity: 165
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:38:16 AM

The decisions of each trader are in your hands. Of course studying price charts is the best. Bad news may affect, but not if traders have their own reasons and views to buy.
CryptoGuro1

Activity: 252
Merit: 1

“The Protocol for the Audience Economy”

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 07:45:36 AM

Personally I think we are going much lower, Obviouslywe will bounce up and down until we get there and there is the opportunity to make gains on the way down.

M E D I A   『 https://www.mediaprotocol.org/ 』
P R O T O C O L   ────   ICO: Buy MEDIA Tokens
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:05:41 PM

According to me no time is good or bad to buy bitcoin.If you can afford you should buy.Mostly the best strategy which is suggested by many investors is to buy coin when the market value is low and sell when the market value is high.But i will say if your pocket allows then you should buy bitcoin and hold it in your wallet untill you get double then the amount at which you have purchased.There are many people who take loan in order to buy bitcoin which is not good because we are not  sure that bitcoin will definately rise in coming days.It may take some months or years for bitcoin to rise.So try to buy only if you have money with you.
hamdun

Activity: 144
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:23:29 PM

This is the best time to buy bitcoin, because the bitcoin value for now is not too high and still within reach. Bitcoin in the future will be better than it is now, and it will be a good profit.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: