Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 12:26:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A New Adventure: Welcome to the World of Crypto-Currencies  (Read 414 times)
CheekyChappy (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:16:38 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 06:27:37 PM by CheekyChappy

Oh my... what a life eh? I have been floating around for a while trying to work out how things work with crypto-currencies. Had some bad experiences with a certain exchange that is too slow and made balances vanish!

I just got started a few days ago and can tell you I feel like this is an addiction. I spend hours staring at the screen looking at various prices trying make some money but this is seriously dangerously addictive.

I will not ask if anyone else has felt the same because no-doubt others have.

I have recollections on the lines of what was happening back in 1999/2000 when the dotcom boom was in full swing before the dotcom bubble collapsed. It ruined thousands of people (and mentally) and affected their relationships with their families and friends.

Could the community newbies write here and let us all know how they feel about the chance to make money vs highly addictive strategy issue.

I initially wanted to buy some stock and keep it safe, hoping to re-visit them after maybe 6 months to see how much I had made or lost but I feel like it is becoming an addiction. When 'that' particular exchange was slow and made some of my balance disappear I opted not to buy any more until I got my missing coins back but ended up spending a tiny amount to buy small. In the process of waiting and not purchasing more coins out of fear or them vanishing the three coins I wanted to buy as medium to long term investments have absolutely SOARED in price and that is very frustrating! I still find myself checking on those prices to check what I could have made had the blunder not happened.

I think I managed to get fairly good deals on XRP Ripple from a private seller. With those I have no need to log in to my account five, ten, fifteen or twenty times a day (every day) to feed my curiosity as I feel safe they are there and not going anywhere regardless of the price as I am in there for the long term. However, for the short term I cannot help feel like I must check the exchange every few minutes because this may happen or that may happen. It highly addictive and highly disruptive to any individual thus also affecting his/her relationship with the nearest and dearest (family/friends) too.

Please share your stories about how trading crypto-currencies has affected you life. Or simply how you got involved in this field, or how you started and mining etc. Something for us to get to know one another and to share.

Thanks and welcome all to the community

I know, I know... but the thing is I cannot help it because even though I am an absolute gentleman... I also happen to be a CheekyChappy after all:)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: