Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 02:18:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Compliance Discussion  (Read 103 times)
Laco Vencel (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 61
Merit: 0

Think, Re-think & Do!

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

Hi!

I haven't found the topic about Compliance support or discussion, so let me start the new one. Or route me to the correct area.
We are creating ICO project that's target is to follow the maximum of regulatory principles. I have a question to discuss.

There are countries like US with restrictions and regulation.
What if I make an rule for investor, that when I pay him dividend, I will pay him only in case that he will provide proper TAX declaration form and I will split the payment to Dividend and Tax and pay to tax account along with dividend. If regulation will make it possible, transaction will by in crypto value, if not, it will be in fiat value. The crypto direction does not matter for this discussion.

What do you think about?
pocket_lck

Activity: 105

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:36:36 PM

That's a very good solution that you make, so it's all going to pay taxes with the form you provide, and I really support your step.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:36:14 AM

You want tax declaration form, Do you know how much sensitive information it contains ?( Like SSN).  I think you are breaking compliance by asking  these kind of documents.
You need to contact subject matter expert attorney, instead of assuming anything.
Why the hell I will give you my tax documents when you are lurking behind online I'd.

I am alive
Laco Vencel (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 61

Think, Re-think & Do!

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 12:44:23 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 02:09:19 AM by Laco Vencel

r1s2g3, good point.

Yes, but when you act under common law, especially in business (not retail), tax detail is open information. Same information as you have to provide to Audit. Also, for private sector there is an option to sign NDA (non-disclosure agreement) and letter - power of attorney and recipient grants to you rights to do that and also is saved by law from publishing this information.

Anyway, if we are speaking about regulated market, and procedure that I plan to execute, I have to verify my clients through KYC/AML anyway.
I am just thinking about the future regulation principles and possible directions and I want to get some opposite arguments against my thinking.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: