Bitcoin Forum
May 31, 2024, 01:58:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: White label Bitcoin exchanges  (Read 10840 times)
rocket888 (OP)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:49:50 PM

Has anyone looked into starting their own bitcoin exchange through a white label? I have located these three that are available now. Anyone else heard of them?
bex.io  ,   buttercoin.com   and   xchangetank.com      Any feedback would be greatly appreciated !
Nagle
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:55:53 AM

Right. You, too can own your very own Bitcoin exchange, sucker in some marks, take the money, and run.
rocket888 (OP)

Activity: 9

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:52:01 PM

Are they all just a bunch of liars ? I mean how can we know which ones to look into? I am very new to this BTW.
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:09:27 AM

Hey,

I know this topic has not been discussed for a while, still I want to explain something.

The owners of businesses that run the white label exchange business are honest and real - you can meet them at Bitcoin conferences around the world (this is at least the case for Bex.io and Buttercoin).
In my eyes the white label cooperation is a viable and legit undertaking, where both parties can focus on their actual strengths,

By the way: We are also real and can be met at conferences - draglet GmbH, a corporate based in Munich, Germany. We offer our unique exchange software as white label solution. Besides customizing the exchange software according to your needs (logo, content, CI, adapting the software according to your business case, continous patching and updating of software) we host your exchange, give you access to back end admin interfaces to administrate the exchange and guarantee availability.

Our software features Optimistic Fund Locking (users are allowed to crreate orders that are actually not covered by current account balance) and a wallet with encrypted user access and multisignature cold storage. The solid order matcher was already tested for 9 months by thousands of users and now is one of the products that draglet are offering as part of our white label exchange. You can get more information about our software and services at draglet.com - feel free to give our exchange showcase a try.

Greetz,

Ben

Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

Does the "white label" exchange service carry errors and omissions coverage, and bonding insurance on their employees?

Who indemnifies whom?

This is a big issue. When an exchange goes under (which happens more than half the time), who pays?
RomanETNA

Activity: 1

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 05:56:14 PM

There are plenty of white labeled trading platform options to choose from on the market. The biggest question is, how interested they are in your success and what type of customization do they offer to make your product unique to all the other offerings on the market. My company actually invests into startups looking to create trading platforms by creating creative partnership agreements. Instead of selling the platform outright, if we think there will be long term synergy, we are willing to take a portion of equity in exchange for the technology we provide. Send me an email if you'd like to discuss. Romanz@etnasoft.com.
titulng

Activity: 484
Merit: 250

HubrisOne

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 04:29:35 AM

Does the "white label" exchange service carry errors and omissions coverage, and bonding insurance on their employees?

Who indemnifies whom?

This is a big issue. When an exchange goes under (which happens more than half the time), who pays?

the same question for me

◆

▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄           ▄▄▄            ▄▄       ▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██       ██      ██       ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄      ██      ▐██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▄▄██▀▀▀██▄▄        ▀██▄     ██      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀       ██      ██       ██              ██               ██      ██      ██              ██▀       ▀██         ██▄    ██      ▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██      ██       ██      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▀      ██      ▐██▄▄▄▄        ▐█           █▌      █▄ ▀██   ██      ██▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██      ██       ██      ██▀▀▀▀▀██        ██▀▀▀▀▀▀        ██        ▀▀▀▀██▄      ▐█           █▌      ██   ██▄ ██      ██▀▀▀▀
██       ██      ██       ██      ██      ██       ██   ▄▄         ██             ▐█▌     ▐█▄         ▄█▌      ██    ▀█▄██      ██
██       ██       ██▄   ▄██       ██     ▄█▀       ██    ▀█▄       ██            ▄██       ▀██▄▄   ▄▄██▀       ██     ▀███      ██
██       ██        ▀▀███▀▀        ████████▀        ██      ▀█      ██      ███████▀           ▀▀███▀▀          ██       ██      ██████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

██████████████████████████████████████████████

▄███████████▄     
██▀       ▐█▀█▄   
██        ▐█  ▀█▄ 
██        ▐█    ▀█▄
██        ▝▀▀▀▀▀▀██
██               ██
██  ███████████  ██
██               ██
██  ██████       ██
██               ██
██▄             ▄██
▀█████████████████▀
WP

Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2014, 07:05:14 AM

This is a non-starter of an idea. There's not enough liquidity in Bitcoin to support a lot of little exchanges. Look at Bitcoin Charts for USD. Once you're out of the top 10 exchanges, volumes are below 20BTC/day, the spreads get big, and the market depth is tiny.
desticy

Activity: 1512
Merit: 292

www.cd3d.app

View Profile
August 27, 2014, 07:15:00 AM

This is a non-starter of an idea. There's not enough liquidity in Bitcoin to support a lot of little exchanges. Look at Bitcoin Charts for USD. Once you're out of the top 10 exchanges, volumes are below 20BTC/day, the spreads get big, and the market depth is tiny.

you can enjoy the feeling of market manipulation  Grin

alwinlinzee

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 12:41:49 PM

You can do white label BTC exchanges with  Bex.io and Buttercoin.To the best of my knowledge they well recognized and are reliable.

MangoJ

Activity: 222
Merit: 100

BTCRaven.com Escrow & Advertising

View Profile WWW
August 30, 2014, 10:18:55 PM

I would also like to know what "white label" means and who "officially" determines such a qualification?

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 31, 2014, 05:06:15 PM

I would also like to know what "white label" means and who "officially" determines such a qualification?
"White label" means that one party provides the software and server-side processing, while another provides the financing, marketing, and branding, takes all the risks and assumes all the liabilities.
MangoJ

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 05:29:40 AM

"White label" means that one party provides the software and server-side processing, while another provides the financing, marketing, and branding, takes all the risks and assumes all the liabilities.

That sounds like a multiplied security threat with more people involved who have conflicting interests and goals.
Why does this setup have a name that sounds safe and secure?
Glad I asked, thank you.

Automated Escrow  For instant BTC transactions without waiting for a 3rd party.  http://BTCRaven.com
armodilloben

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 04:02:02 PM

Nope, in terms of draglet, we have a pricing that allows to evenly distribute the risks between both parties.

By the way, draglet could already apply for the first software patent. I guess this and the fact that we are present at major bitcoin conferences around the world makes us a reliable choice besides bex and buttercoin. And yeah, our exchange software has been online since over 9 months now.

MangoJ

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 09:39:17 PM

Nope, in terms of draglet, we have a pricing that allows to evenly distribute the risks between both parties.

By the way, draglet could already apply for the first software patent. I guess this and the fact that we are present at major bitcoin conferences around the world makes us a reliable choice besides bex and buttercoin. And yeah, our exchange software has been online since over 9 months now.
You are fairly new.  9 months is nothing.
Showing up at conferences doesn't give you credability, that is exactly the type of effort a scammer with goals of becoming the next MXGOX would do thinking they will do the same thing.

Who invented the term "white label" anyway?  I bet you that person is the mastermind of this type of scam with evenly distributed escape goats to blame.

Nobody should use such a "white label" service.
I was right about MTGOX before they ripped everyone off, and this scam is easier to spot before anything even happens.

Echelon1

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 12, 2014, 10:33:21 PM

You are fairly new.  9 months is nothing.
Showing up at conferences doesn't give you credability, that is exactly the type of effort a scammer with goals of becoming the next MXGOX would do thinking they will do the same thing.

Who invented the term "white label" anyway?  I bet you that person is the mastermind of this type of scam with evenly distributed escape goats to blame.

Nobody should use such a "white label" service.
I was right about MTGOX before they ripped everyone off, and this scam is easier to spot before anything even happens.

I'm new to the forum but not new to spot market fx.  I'm a 25 year trading professional.  I also own a 'white label' brokerage.  White labels are technology that is licensed.. while the branding is made to look and feel, operate and function like its ours.  It's no different really than the first days of Porsche and Volkswagen.  Same company.. two brands.. or General Motors and Cheverolet.  Same company, two brands.  The label allows an expert in a particular skill set to leverage the technology while they create a following because of their skills or appearance.

In my daily business I teach traders to trade the markets.. I wouldn't want them to venture to another business to get run over with bad pricing.  So I created the brokerage to make a more efficient method of trading.

jmho. all the best.
joesmoe2012

Activity: 882
Merit: 501

Ching-Chang;Ding-Dong

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 03:52:08 AM

The bex.io people are pretty cool, i've met them at a few of the conferences - they have been around a while.

Check out BitcoinATMTalk - https://bitcoinatmtalk.com
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 04:00:05 AM

This isn't a tube site or affiliate program you're building. White label anything should never be used when you're dealing with other peoples' money.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
Nagle
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2014, 05:00:30 AM

This isn't a tube site or affiliate program you're building. White label anything should never be used when you're dealing with other peoples' money.
Right. The "binary options" business, which is mostly a scam, has two major "white label" service providers, with about 200 "affiliates". The "affiliates" get prosecuted or go under, while the service providers, located in the Bahamas or some other hard to prosecute location, go on.
moni3z

Activity: 899
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 14, 2014, 08:35:41 PM

Bex.io you pay a fee to gain "exclusive rights" to that market, so if you want a Mexican bitcoin exchange you pay $10,000-50,000 or so to get rights there, then they take a percentage of the fees you charge. They run the entire bitcoin handling and trading engine backend, you just run the marketing front end and have lawyers/banks to collect fiat.

White label very common in the foreign exchange trading world and payment gateways. The idea is you get turnkey software and just brand it yourself. Use at own risk, all depends on competence of the developers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: