Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 11:45:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to mine XMR on multiple GPUs, GeForce GTX 1060?  (Read 174 times)
dd2017 (OP)

Activity: 49
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:34:30 PM

Hi everyone:

I haven't done any more research on this since I built this rig in June of 2017. It has 5x GeForce GTX 1060 gpus running in Windows 10. I've been using it exclusively to mine ETH + SC.

Apart from that I also started mining XMR using my CPU on my main computer but that soon became too annoying to do (computer gets too slow and noisy) so I stopped after about a month. I was mining XMR via the xmr.nanopool.org pool and was able to accumulate 0.18812771 XMR.

So now I want to get that XMR out of that pool. I see that they have a minimum payout of 0.3 XMR (if I'm lucky to change the setting from 1 XMR originally.)

Now I stopped mining ETH on my main mining rig and tried to set up XMR mining instead so that I can bring up my XMR balance in the pool to be able to withdraw it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a straightforward XMR mining software for Nvidia GPU mining. I was able to get "xmr-stak-win64" to run on my miner that seemed to have worked for awhile. Unfortunately that miner seems to crash sporadically after about a day of running on my system.

Do you know of any XMR mining software for Windows that works with nvidia GPUs?
Suslived

Activity: 252
Merit: 13

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:55:14 PM

Aside from XMR i believe you should be able to use Claymore's Cryptonight miner.

In any case, here is a list of all Cryptonight miners compiled by some guy named Matthev: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126975.0
Some miners listed there work with NVIDIA.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:18:08 AM

Hi everyone:

I haven't done any more research on this since I built this rig in June of 2017. It has 5x GeForce GTX 1060 gpus running in Windows 10. I've been using it exclusively to mine ETH + SC.

Apart from that I also started mining XMR using my CPU on my main computer but that soon became too annoying to do (computer gets too slow and noisy) so I stopped after about a month. I was mining XMR via the xmr.nanopool.org pool and was able to accumulate 0.18812771 XMR.

So now I want to get that XMR out of that pool. I see that they have a minimum payout of 0.3 XMR (if I'm lucky to change the setting from 1 XMR originally.)

Now I stopped mining ETH on my main mining rig and tried to set up XMR mining instead so that I can bring up my XMR balance in the pool to be able to withdraw it. Unfortunately I couldn't find a straightforward XMR mining software for Nvidia GPU mining. I was able to get "xmr-stak-win64" to run on my miner that seemed to have worked for awhile. Unfortunately that miner seems to crash sporadically after about a day of running on my system.

Miners: XMRig for Nvidia, XMR-STAK-NVIDIA, CCminer, Claymore

this is the detailed guide from Mattthev Kudos to him

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2126975.0

dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:34:34 AM

Thank you, guys!

Any specific XMR miners that you can recommend? (That you know work well and possibly have lower commission.)
ivakar

Activity: 756
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:07:10 AM

just run xmr stack miner, you may find it here on bct forum, after start it will ask what kind of coin you want to mine, pool and etc.. then it will auto configure the miner to utilize all possible recources like cpu and gpus.. so with one miner you can use all
Matthew_Nanopool

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 09:43:30 AM

Hi everyone:

Hi,

Aside from that being said you can always request Nanopool team for an early one-time payout if your balance is above 0.05 XMR. Before doing that make sure your XMR mining is turned off.

Feel free to send me your Nanopool account link directly to speed up this process.
xlm19877

Activity: 140
Merit: 20

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:00:46 AM

you can use XMRig for Nvidia

but i test it before  ..it not give you good hash rate like AMD gpus

about ETH .. ARE YOU MINING ETH WITH YOUR 1060 ON WINDOWS 10 !!!!
MagicSmoker

Activity: 420
Merit: 182

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:56:37 AM

Hi everyone:

So you want to go from mining the 2nd worst algo for Nvidia cards (Ethash) to the absolute worst algo (CryptoNight variants)?

A far better option would be an Equihash coin - I have a 6x GTX 1060 rig that has been mining ZenCash for most of the last 6 months and each card does around 300 Sols/s with power limit at 70%, +100 on core and +200 on mem. This is by no means an optimal setup, but I also occasionally mine Neoscrypt, Phi and Lyra2v2 - all of which Nvidia does well at - and this configuration does fairly well at all of them without having to stress out the poor Untel Celery CPU on the Onda D1800 mining mobo (which, no kidding, has a hard time just booting Windows 10, much less running MSI AB).

EDIT - well, I actually just checked WhatToMine for the first time in about 4 months and I was surprised to see that Ethereum is, indeed, the most profitable coin to mine with 6x 1060... unfortunately, mine are 3GB models so they can't do ETH anymore. CryptoNight still sucks on Nvidia, however.
dd2017 (OP)

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 04:51:48 PM

Hi,

Aside from that being said you can always request Nanopool team for an early one-time payout if your balance is above 0.05 XMR. Before doing that make sure your XMR mining is turned off.

Feel free to send me your Nanopool account link directly to speed up this process.
Thanks, I tried to PM you but I'm getting this:

User 'Matthew_Nanopool' is a newbie, but your options are set such that you cannot receive PMs from newbies. Therefore, you cannot send PMs to newbies, either.

I spent about 10 minutes now looking how to turn that option off and I can't seem to find it. Do you guys know where is it?

about ETH .. ARE YOU MINING ETH WITH YOUR 1060 ON WINDOWS 10 !!!!

Yeah. What am I missing there?
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: