Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:24:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Recession in the Economy  (Read 1913 times)
lami siyang bayhana (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 11:53:22 PM

Watching the recent trend in bonds this year, what is your say about the flattening of the yield curve?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
victoryana

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 12:47:01 AM

If the economic downturn occurs, I think there will be many people who come to bitcoin because bitcoin also plays a small role for companies to raise capital to continue their production and business activities, reducing the burden on banks. row
airdagon

Activity: 546
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:04:35 AM

Short-term bonds are known to offer lower yields, while long-term bonds usually offer higher yields. it all depends on those who get about the offer.
Dancobit

Activity: 118
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 08:30:36 AM

The 2-year yield remains relatively strong as markets still expect the Fed to send at least two interest rate increases in the remainder of the year, long-term inflation is at a six-month low.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:33:56 AM

Bitcoin will be the top choice right now when the economy slumps as in other respects bitcoin has helped companies to increase revenue and even increase their production so bitcoin will be a secondary advantage when the economy is deteriorating.
ivrynx

Activity: 518
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:44:24 AM

If the economy falls back again and another depression will take place, a lot of people might be out of jobs again and turn to look for work off shore or better yet, will try to make their own business, but since there is an inflation, interest ratrs might go up just to compensate for what is lacking, and therr is no doubt that people will get even more curious on looking for ways on how to create their own money or make a living, there is a high chance people will try to invest on crypto currency, but before they do they must know the proc and cons of having one, because if everyone is into crypto currency, and there has been a FUD coming from prominent figures there is a high chance of doubti g their investments and once therr has been a proven scandal or someone taking their money, since there is a down fall of the market and doubt in crypto currency, the reality in Venezuela may become a reality for all of us or even worst a pandemonium since most are stuck in the mind set of working for money, and once there miney is of no value, they might just steal, just like what is happening in some parts of the world.
Danstan

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:48:50 AM

Watching the economy graph, I appreciate when the line is a little bit straight than seeing it dropping to the point it shoudn't, Bitcoin helps a lot of people and company strengthening their income growth, and I hope this continue to help also more people that are just new to Bitcoin as well.e
Crypto24hrs

Activity: 462
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 09:37:44 AM

In times of recession and economic crash one of the best national and international practice any country can adopt is to inject more capital into that crashing economy to boost investment and business activities and bitcoin is a good source of raising capital to reinvest in an economy. my country Nigeria is a beneficiary of bitcoin in this time of recession.
ylnar123

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 10:28:56 AM

Watching the recent trend in bonds this year, what is your say about the flattening of the yield curve?

I think it will not be forever, because when investors start to pour their money on cryptocurrency most especially in Bitcoin, no it will surely go up again like what it had happened in the previous years. Though it will not be instant but it will surely be going to happen.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
May 24, 2018, 11:55:13 PM
Last edit: May 25, 2018, 12:24:25 AM by Hydrogen

I think one explanation behind global recession & slowdown is high taxes restricting economic growth as state based programs fail to produce jobs, value, progress or innovation equivalent to tax revenues they collect. It might be said a state operated $1 trillion dollar economic stimulus package fails to create $1 trillion dollars worth of benefits. The same with multi trillion state run plans like healthcare reform which fail to deliver trillions of dollars of benefits to taxpayers. Taxes are too high, tax revenues spent by governments fail to offset negative precedents relating to excessive taxation which in turn reduces standard of living, increases the average work day and carries other negative consequences.

Summarized:

1. Basically the average person gives near to 50% of income to a government in the form of taxes.

2. The government doesn't give enough of value back to taxpayers to justify said high taxes.

3. This results in a significant decline of living standards for the average taxpayer as the state does not provide equivalent value to the taxes they collect.
Hsorif75

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 09:15:21 AM

According to economics,the slow down of economic activity or the contraction of commercial rotation is called  recession.During the recession, the types of big economic indicators remain the same.During the recession, national average income. employment.,investment costs,production capacity utilization, family income, and business profits all fall a lot.Because of these things become bankrupt or unemployment rate increases.The government seeks to adopt economic policy, increasing the cost of money by increasing money supply and trying to counter the recession.
bowals

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2018, 07:02:14 PM

With the recent FUD, you'd expect this and the rate of correction. Give it time and watch the magic of btc
okala

Activity: 980
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 07:16:08 PM

I think this recession is what is also affecting cryptocurrencies and we should understand this so that we can avoid the kind of FUD that is going on as bitcoin is death, bitcoin is falling back to $1,000 and some are even saying bitcoin is going to fall to $100.  Bonds and stocks market has been falling and the curve has showing a long-term bearish trend.
kaya11

Activity: 1302
Merit: 110

View Profile
June 10, 2018, 08:31:51 PM

Business personnel will find alternative ways to increase their financial capabilities and it may lead Bitcoin and other crypto currencies to a new bloom. We are now facing economic problems and blockchain is one of a solution to it.
opg777

Activity: 170
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:59:08 PM

The most powerful and critical consequence of the recession is the economic crisis. Due to the decline in production, the need for workplaces and the number of workers decreases. This entails a wave of layoffs and rising unemployment. People start to consume less, which leads to a decrease in demand for products and an increase in the decline in production. Behind these events follows the devaluation of money - inflation, further price increases and a decrease in real incomes of the population. That in the end leads to discontent and a decline in the quality of life.
Brunus

Activity: 585
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:29:05 PM

I don't see any special sign of recession, and in any case there is no relation with cryptocurrencies.
We'll see what happens after summer.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
RamonBTC

Activity: 392
Merit: 106

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:54:00 PM

I don't see any special sign of recession, and in any case there is no relation with cryptocurrencies.

Agree with this one. It’s all are mind manipulation from media and economist to validate some of they’re policy and make the world more of exciting place.

I would rather look at recessions as an important propaganda than a worrisome and annoying news.

Lot of people literally been worried with it, but not me at all. Cryptocurrency is out of this equation.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:11:29 PM

In the recession period all people will try to hold their money on their hands. All markets will crash.
Semosuchi Tesongrato

Activity: 546
Merit: 33

Rasputin Party Mansion

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:05:45 PM

I agree. It seems that the movement of bitcoin are completely unrelated to standard economy (actually, there was no economic boom in last December, and now there is no recession.)
What we see is just whales' speculations.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
Hydrogen
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1441

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:23:05 PM

If you want indications of upcoming recession.

• Turkey boasting 12% inflation, argentina and other nations having their currency devalue/inflate
  • Venezuela's hyperinflation continuing to increase
  • Economic sanctions being pursued against iran, russia, etc
  • The united states and china raising tariffs on each other
  • Banks having liquidity issues worldwide
  • Explosion of deficit and debt around the world
  • China, russia and many nations dropping the dollar and US bonds while increasing their gold holdings

There wasn't much warning prior to the economic crisis of 2008.

24-48 hours tops via official channels.

If another crisis or recession hits, we can expect the same.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: