Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 02:26:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio  (Read 1230 times)
btcdevil
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1027

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:47:53 AM

If you keep lot of coins in your portfolio then it will become diffifcult for you to manage them. Only pick the specific coins which are giving returns fast and which are having high liquidity in market so if you get high price then you should be able to sell them.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
damberg

Activity: 658
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:20:43 AM

How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?

An eternal question of the "right" diversification. The right diversification for you must comply with your risk appetite and your prior research. I personally warn everybody against "overdiversification". Putting your money into too many different cryptocurrencies will efectively make your portfolio copy the whole market performance (and your research was utter waste of time). Pick some cherries and plan your exit strategy.  Cool
meanwords

Activity: 1624
Merit: 163

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:57:36 AM

How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?

It depends on how much capital you are going to spend and how much you are willing to risk. But ideally more than 2 asset of coins should be recommended. Also, everything depends on the coin you are investing into if you are going to profit or not. Before you diversify your portfolio, you should research about the project you are going to invest to because a lot of coins out there are basically scams and only few known are going to make you a profit. I suggest you take Ethereum as a necessity in your portfolio.
CryptoEnthused

Activity: 190
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 11:08:42 AM

Any coin you like. If you like many projects, keep them. But there are a few things to consider:
1) if amount of money is low, keep few coins. Obviously, it makes no sense to keep 50 coins if you have $100 to invest. Over time fees can rise and it will be expensive to sell coins back, move them to exchange back and forth, etc.
2) if amount of time you have is low, keep fewer coins. The same thing here. Makes no sense to keep 50 coins if you have just an hour or two a day to dedicate to crypto. You should always check news amd updates for everything in your portfolio.

So I think, on average, if you have a few hours and not a very big amount to invest, 10 coins is enough.
Kevin77
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 04:45:45 PM

The number of cryptocurrencies you want to have in your portfolio totally depends on you, the choices of the coin you want, as well as your budget. The thing about all these is that you cannot always have it all, so it is best to have what you can handle and monitor all at once, otherwise with the complexity of the market you will be trying hard trying to move out from those coins when things are not really going well except if you are holding for the long term.
bozo333

Activity: 742
Merit: 255

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 05:22:06 PM

If you have more money and more knowledge in Crypto platform you should maintain more than 10 also possible but you don't know the Crypto strategy must gain some knowledge then you should try 3 to 4 coins because we must analyse the right platform and pick the best time then monitor our portfolio it is little complicated in beginners so I recommend to start two coin this will make good profit.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
Maestro75

Activity: 1932
Merit: 329

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:14:52 PM

3 or 4 cryptos is little to have as investment. Get as many coins as you can lay your hands on but make sure you aren't buying worthless coins. You never can tell the coin that could give you much profit in the future. That's what I practice.
just_Alice

Activity: 1274
Merit: 622

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:49:20 PM

No there isn't, everything depends on your overall goal. If you're investing, especially a big amount of money - choose 2-3 coins, that you consider as worthy and make a long-term investment, that would be the most profitable way. If you want to trade you can do it with up to 10 coins and buy/sell frequently, whenever it's a good time, but take into account that it will take a lot of your time.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
May 10, 2018, 03:36:35 AM

DOGE (I know)

C'mon!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=000al7ru3ms

Everyone needs to have a little bit of DOGE!

If for no other reason than DOGE helps keep you grounded with things in perspective.

Besides, DOGE is very science! Cheesy

grendel25
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1031

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:18:30 AM

I would include in your portfolio:

1. A position in the top 20 from coin market cap
2. Additional ICO type coins
3. A mix of Proof of stake and proof of work coins even if you buy both on an exchange
4. A choice of some masternode coins that may interest you.  You can look at my signature block to see the masternode I like:  Criptoreal

..EPICENTRAL .....
..EPIC: Epic Private Internet Cash..
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀█████▄
▄████████████▀▀▀    ██████▄
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
▀████████▌▐       ████████▀
▀████████ ▄██▄  ████████▀
▀█████████████▄███████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████████▀█████▀████████▄
▄██████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀██████▄
██████▌             ▐██████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
▀█████▄  ▄▄     ▄▄  ▄█████▀
▀██████▄▄███████▄▄██████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
[/center]
ZENC

Activity: 336
Merit: 154

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 04:55:24 AM

Limit yourself to the best of successful projects. Also, split your portfolio into 3-4 main divisions. For example, Bitcoin - Altcoin - ICO and Cash.
So do not miss the opportunities and less chance of financial loss
V1saya

Activity: 1050
Merit: 508

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:02:01 AM

3 to 4 coins in your portfolio is a good start. Just make sure you did a thorough research and analysis on them before buying. I am sure that along the way, your coins in your portfolio will increase. It happened to me. I stick to bitcoin then added some top altcoins. But later on I seemed to get addicted trying to research and collect more coins later on. 
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:13:43 AM

If I were you I won't diversify. Let's say should you put $500 in your portfolio and you don't really want to trade full time (like a day trader), then I recommend to you to go all in BTC alone. Buy on dip and HODL long term.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:14:17 AM

keeping your portfolios tight is advisable. What I mean from 'tight' is you have enough time for managing the portfolio, it is too risky to have a lot of portfolios since it can cause a trouble for the investments because of you didn't aware fully and quickly the development process of the altcoins.
Siren

Activity: 826
Merit: 265

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:31:06 AM

It depends on how much money will you use. If you have small amount of money to use then you need to buy few coins (like 2-3 will do) then if you gain some money, invest it on another coin. You can buy a coin one at a time if you want. I recommend to buy like 4-6 or 7 coins max for long term maybe. That is what my mentors said so I will say it to you also Smiley
And it depends also on how long he would be holding the coin on hes folio,because if that money is only a excess on hes pocket and he want to put for much longer keeping even if the capital is smaller he can still diversify it for 5-6 coins.

What he need to do is research those slow moving coins now but has a greates future potentially.i can give hi, a example like trade.io coins,it only cost him 3 coins per 1$ so this means if he has $100 he can avail 300 coins,and if after 5 years this coin grow upto 10-100$ imagine how much he can profit,that's only for example and he can choose as many coins as he can
Hemady17

Activity: 505
Merit: 35

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 09:59:18 AM

My suggestion for long-term portfolio is to keep 4 to 5 coins and for short-term portfolio just keep 2-3 cryptos. Keeping your portfolio limited gets you the most beneficial situation. This is proven effective based on my experience 3 years experience in trading.

Base Protocol                                     Presale
Hold one token; Hold all tokens                [ Website ]
BitcoinTalk  |  Discord  |  Twitter  |  Medium  |  Telegram
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:16:47 AM

Most of the suggestions here are around 4-5 coins and I guess that's a decent number that you can start with your portfolio. I don't have that much either but I'm mostly invested more to bitcoin. I have seen a trader that has a not so interesting portfolio but a lot of coins dedicated on it, somewhere around 20 altcoins which is really I don't know what to say if I'll be amazed or I'll just zip my lips. Focus only to the coins that you trust and you know will give you fortune in the future.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Xardasim

Merit: 250

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 12:06:18 PM

Most newbie writes about getting Bitcon and Ethereum. But, I think it is too late. Instead of waiting them you can create a portfolio. So it is dangerous to go all in 1 coin and instead of going all in 1 coin you can diversify your coin between alternative ones and action will reduce risks significantly.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:40:42 PM

Most newbie writes about getting Bitcon and Ethereum. But, I think it is too late. Instead of waiting them you can create a portfolio. So it is dangerous to go all in 1 coin and instead of going all in 1 coin you can diversify your coin between alternative ones and action will reduce risks significantly.

Well what's wrong with having btc and eth? It's not too late for these and among all othrr coins, these two would likely be the top coins to place your money on in 2 to 3 years. Many experienced hodlers have bulk eth and btc in their portfolios aloh with other alts for diversification

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
       ..███████████████████████████████
BitcoinTurk

Merit: 624

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 01:55:35 PM

Depending on the amount of investment to be made this question it is possible to give various answers. For example, a robust capital is required for a wide variety of portfolios, and a wide variety of portfolio management will also be difficult. Creating a low portfolio with low capital will not be profitable in the short term. For that reason you should determine this number in the direction of your own will and do not over-diversify while creating diversity in your portfolio.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: