Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:35:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Portfolio  (Read 1233 times)
gambitcoin53

Activity: 378
Merit: 25

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 08:02:23 AM

How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?

Ideally, a trader should have at least 2-3 crypto on his portfolio, having so much would be so toxic, it requires more of your time and needed more focus on you. Btc, eth amd ditcoin i think for me is good, being the top coins nowadays, it should definitely be on you portfolio

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ZENC

Activity: 336
Merit: 154

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:40:54 AM

Today once again I understand that we must keep cash. With cash, investors can show the ability to buy. Through such declines, profit opportunities are assessed.
michellee

Activity: 2800
Merit: 842

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

How many cryptos should Ihave in my portfolio? Are there one recommended diversification ( like having 3 or 4 coins) ?

it depends on how much money you have but you can have more than 4 coins in your portfolio at the same time especially if you can get it at the lowest price so you don't have to do a fast sell. I have more than 10 coins in my account and I waiting for the coin to get increase higher so I can sell it and I can wait for a long time from now. maybe it is better to have just 5 coins so you won't have a problem to check each coin and it does not take too long to analyze each coin.

bhadz

Activity: 2436
Merit: 566

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:47:20 AM

3-4 coins isn't bad if you'll diversify and will build up your own portfolio.
There are traders that has more than 10 coins but the quantity of each coin they are holding isn't so great. I'll choose to have few choice of coins and have large quantity each of it.
Today once again I understand that we must keep cash. With cash, investors can show the ability to buy. Through such declines, profit opportunities are assessed.
We are in crypto market and we know that there's no place for cash in here unless you want to sell your coin to cash.
Cash value doesn't move.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
d0flaming0

Activity: 402
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:08:19 PM

basically there are no requirements or specific numbers on how many kinds of crypto you have in your portfolio, ad long as you can manage it freely and handle it, there is no such things as rules to how many you will manage. You must also be aware on your investments and must keep tabs on what is happening in your portfolio.
GCP17

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 12:08:59 PM

Not more than you can keep track of without it taking up all your day  Smiley
Consider a stablecoin to sleep better at night, if you want to diversify
Hell-raiser

Activity: 462
Merit: 515

View Profile
May 12, 2018, 01:13:40 PM

That is a good start if you already have four coins, diversification is still much better than putting all your money into one investment, since once that single coin drops, all your your investment goes down, but if you diversified, once one coin drops value, the others can compensate

Sorry bro, but in real life it doesn't work like that. When Bitcoin falls, all decent altcoins go down along with it. The ones which don't just happen to be in the pump phase of the pump and dump routine. These are shitcoins, and adding them to your portfolio is a sure way to lose money in the long run unless you are an insider. True diversification is required if you want to maximize your profits, but if you want to preserve wealth and minimize risks (which is what you speak about), you should stick to a single asset, most reliable and safe one. In the vast majority of cases diversification add risks, not takes them, as many people often falsely assume.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2018, 11:31:03 PM

There are advantages to having either a small or a large number of coins in your portfolio. Theoretically having a larger number of coins, as long as they are in diversified industries, spreads your risk exposure somewhat. But having a smaller number of coins (presuming you started with the same amount to invest), means that you have the potential to achieve higher returns if they move upwards, but obviously increases your exposure to bigger losses too. I think between 12-15 coins is a decent number to get the best of both worlds, but there is no 'right' number, everyone will have their own preferences.

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
cahbagus555

Activity: 756
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 01:47:03 AM

I think we should divide our investment in several coin/token. We should not put egg on one basket because its very risk. We know that cryptocurrency market is very high fluctuation and i think we should spread our invesment in 4 or 5 coin with good perfom and solid developers
alfs75

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

platform for everyday business

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:35:12 AM

Will,in my own perception there 's is no accurate amount of crypto coins have in your wallet or your portfolio as long as you have a certain amount to invest and you trade it for a right currency,i thinks thats enough for that your capital will grow in the trading investment,but if you are capable to sustain much more crypto coins in your portfolio is much better because the more investment you have trade the more profit that you have been achieve in your wallet.

T O W E R B E E      |  PLATFORM FOR EVERYDAY BUSINESS       [ CRYPTOEXCHANGE TowerX ]
▬        ICO  >  on our exchange TowerX        ▬
FACEBOOK           MEDIUM           TWITTER           LINKEDIN           REDDIT           TELEGRAM
justdimin

Activity: 3024
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 02:52:43 PM

There is no limitation on your portfolio, you can add as much assets you can. As a in the above quote it is upto you, you decide upon the amount you have to make a perfect portfolio. If you go through the portfolio of different users, almost everyone has got bitcoin and ethereum within it, apart from that based on the research they hold other assets.
Yeah, no limitation at all as you can decide to have as much as you want to have, based on your budget and based on how you perceive the market you want to hold. However, it is always good to normally cut them short to the best minimum possible based on what you can monitor as an investor. Thank God for the apps like blockfolio anyway that can easily help one to monitor what is being held for the long term, so at the end, the decision is for the individual in question to take.

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
krishnaverma

Activity: 1302
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 03:54:57 PM

I do not like to invest in a number of coins because:

1) It consumes a lot of time and I have a full time job.

2) Most of the coins are dependent on the movement of bitcoins anyway.

My current portfolio has BTC, ETH, Ripple, Tron, Bitcoin Cash and EOS.
Phoenixpple

Activity: 153
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:01:31 PM

Everyone's investment portfolio is different. Some big miners may have only one coin in his wallet in a few years. Some short-term traders may have dozens of coins in their wallets. My personal practice is to hold five kinds of coins, because holding too much energy that will diversify investment will affect my judgement.
joebrook

Activity: 644
Merit: 259

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:53:21 PM

You shouldn't have a lot of cryptos in your portofolio, three at most will be okay and you should then invest in other things like real estate and maybe the stocks. Because i have seen a trend where the cryptos seems to rise and fall down together.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
YoBit AirDrop $|
Get 700 YoDollars for Free!
🏆
Crypto Sway

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 04:59:37 PM

The old adage of diversification is extremely important, whether that means 3-20 coins it's important for you to have at least some level of diversity bw aggressive, moderate and conservative investments within crypto. This over the long run will provide the greatest amount of return overall. What do you think about this upcoming ICO, I believe it will earn a spot in anybody's portfolio? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3085831.0
BartS

Activity: 980
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 06:32:53 PM

There is not a particular number of coins that you should hold to diversify your portfolio, it will depend entirely on what kind of investor you are and how much effort are you willing to put to monitor your portfolio, if you are not afraid to get rid of your coins after some months and you are willing to watch the market every day for a few hours then you could have 25 to 50 coins in your portfolio, but if you are only going to check the market occasionally and if you want to hold your coins for more than a year then having less than 10 coins could be ideal for you.
pixie85

Activity: 2156
Merit: 528

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 09:22:18 PM

I do not like to invest in a number of coins because:

1) It consumes a lot of time and I have a full time job.

2) Most of the coins are dependent on the movement of bitcoins anyway.

My current portfolio has BTC, ETH, Ripple, Tron, Bitcoin Cash and EOS.

I agree with you but I'm even more strict about it. I always have Bitcoin and 1 maybe 2 altcoins. I know that I don't have time to watch altcoin charts every day and they are so volatile that in a day or two you can lose 50% if you're unlucky. That's why I only choose the coins that I believe in and don't try to push my luck with new ones.
If you're not in it full time pick 3 coins, and hold the ones you believe in and watch only charts of 1 that you're uncertain about and be ready to sell.
teeevnglst

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:41:02 AM

Go for 5-6 since this is the best limit since its easy to manage but also it could turn to a huge profit if manage properly professionals say and for my personal opinion you could always stake a 20 percent maximum for a single currency so if turn bad you only lose 20%.

Blockshipping    ICO starts 14 May 2018
⋙ ⟫  https://www.blockshipping.io/  ⟪ ⋘
InvestICO2L

Activity: 420
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 09:29:05 AM

Personally, I think that it depends how much money you are having, there is no restriction on your portfolio as well. It probably bring you much more benefit if you diversify your coin guy. Foremost, you should observe the market, and keep an eye on coins which are cheap to buy. It’s a big chance if you can buy some more different coin. Because you probably reap a huge fruits. In a nutshell, the more coins you diversify, the more benefit you can get.
Tory-Tory

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

“Blockchain Powered Clinical Trial Management”

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:24:34 PM

I have more than 20 cryptocurrencies. My friend basically holds no more than 4. This is a personal desire and vision of the situation by everyone.

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: