Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 03:55:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: We Are Now On The Way To The Next Bubble - Bitcoin Overcomes Chinese Crash  (Read 1975 times)
usscfounder (OP)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:17:58 PM

Bitcoin is now back over $1000.  Before we get to the next crash, anyone have any predictions on how far it will rise this time?
evolve

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

daytrader/superhero

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:52:34 PM

If I had to guess, I'd say between 1500 and 2000.
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:54:24 PM

This is a "return to normal" phase pushed by bulls who are trying to reclaim losses incurred from buying at the top last month. I'm guessing buy support will break before we can push to another ATH.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:00:08 PM

This is a "return to normal" phase pushed by bulls who are trying to reclaim losses incurred from buying at the top last month. I'm guessing buy support will break before we can push to another ATH.

+1

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:00:23 PM

About 2000 , January next year.

i am satoshi
phatsphere

Activity: 763

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:00:37 PM

tomorrow, we could see a blood bath
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:00:45 PM

Rawr roar. Mooh. Don't care. Buy and hold and be rich next year.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
Soopaman

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:03:13 PM

I'm not ruling that out as a possibility, but there was no basis for the crash other than misinterpretation of the news out of China. Now that people are getting straightened out on what it actually meant, and we're getting some more positive news (Paypal, hao123.com), I think things are feeling bullish.
I_bitcoin

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:04:15 PM

tomorrow, we could see a blood bath

tomorrow our fiat will take a bitcoin bath Smiley

No matter where you go, there you are.
Hyena
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:04:38 PM

and what makes you so sure? this can be anything, really. the fact that there are some illustrative charts lying around with sentences such as "return to normal" doesn't mean anything. The last weekend was more like pirate40's default not real crash or whatever. If you were around that long you would know how bitcoin works. It ain't that easy that you look some stupid bubble illustrations and become immediately a market prophet.

★★★ CryptoGraffiti.info ★★★ Hidden Messages Found from the Block Chain (Thread)
kireinaha

Activity: 350
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:06:11 PM

I've been spreading sell orders since $900, but I'll hold onto some of my holdings this time just in case we do breakthrough $1200. I'm just not feeling the same levels of enthusiasm as last month.

Night gathers, and now my bitcoinwisdom watch begins.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:12:24 PM

I'm not ruling that out as a possibility, but there was no basis for the crash other than misinterpretation of the news out of China. Now that people are getting straightened out on what it actually meant, and we're getting some more positive news (Paypal, hao123.com), I think things are feeling bullish.
I still see no evidence that news matters. It is just adapted to market sentiment. I don't think it crashed because of misinterpretation, but because the event was due. The timing was the only question.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:15:45 PM

I've been spreading sell orders since $900, but I'll hold onto some of my holdings this time just in case we do breakthrough $1200. I'm just not feeling the same levels of enthusiasm as last month.
On this forum, it's hard to tell.  Cheesy

I don't, either, though. As such, I've been selling coins on this bounce. Fortunately we are still below my original average sell price.

If I am wrong, I will cry. Undecided
Jcw188

Activity: 546

Carpe Diem

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:20:56 PM

I don't know, I'm beginning to think all the liquidity the fed created is starting to find its way into BTC.  Today I saw there was a big spike in online searches for the term Bitcoin.    I don't see the liquidity spigot being turning off so if we make a new high here I'd agree with the $1500-$2k mark.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:34:55 PM

You may be right, I'm not sure whether we'll pass the ATH quite so soon.

However, I reckon these "bulls" you talk of pushing the price up, are not the same bulls that bought at the top. The big money would be smarter IMO, and would have waited for a correction before buying in, or bought in earlier.

What that means I have no idea, bullish I guess??  Undecided
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:36:46 PM

However, I reckon these "bulls" you talk of pushing the price up, are not the same bulls that bought at the top. The big money would be smarter IMO, and would have waited for a correction before buying in, or bought in earlier.

Earlier like $0.1 earlier? Come on, big money knows how the exponential function and the s-curve works. If they understand bitcoin, they will buy as much as possible as soon as possible.

Look inside yourself, and you will see that you are the bubble.
BitchicksHusband

Activity: 378
Merit: 255

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:42:26 PM

Earlier like $0.1 earlier? Come on, big money knows how the exponential function and the s-curve works. If they understand bitcoin, they will buy as much as possible as soon as possible.

Given the $1300 Merrill Lynch / Bank of America valuation, apparently they have no clue.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:10:13 PM

Given the $1300 Merrill Lynch / Bank of America valuation, apparently they have no clue.

Yeah, Re: Merrill Lynch's valuation, I think it's a value that was engineered to sound reasonably bullish, without instantly causing panic by being incredibly high (they have probably sussed that the value could increase by another order of magnitude, they obviously don't want to say that publically because they could lose money, and look stupid).

What I meant with the "big money" is that: Big investors would probably either have bought in between $300-900, or would have waited for a dip (which did look like it was coming sooner or later tbh...).

whereas little fish are more likely to buy near the top.
zimmah
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:22:00 PM

Bitcoin is now back over $1000.  Before we get to the next crash, anyone have any predictions on how far it will rise this time?

normally it takes a while between two bubbles. (and that's a good thing)
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:34:01 PM

If they did this btc value would already be 10k+
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: