Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 03:06:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are any serious bears rethinking their posotion?  (Read 2103 times)
Edward50 (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:39:01 PM

Hey everyone,

Long time bear here, and missed my opportunity to buy in cheap because I was being too greedy and cheap at the time.

Anyway, $1000 bitcoins seems ridiculous, especially if you were buying them for less then $5.00.

However, It seems that nothing is able to stop this bitcoin price from falling. Even with the most negative news out there recently it just rose back up.

Are any of you serious bears who think or thought $1000 bitcoins are just ridiculous are rethinking your position?

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:40:22 PM

Hey everyone,

Long time bear here, and missed my opportunity to buy in cheap because I was being too greedy and cheap at the time.

Anyway, $1000 bitcoins seems ridiculous, especially if you were buying them for less then $5.00.

However, It seems that nothing is able to stop this bitcoin price from falling. Even with the most negative news out there recently it just rose back up.

Are any of you serious bears who think or thought $1000 bitcoins are just ridiculous are rethinking your position?

"The most negative news" ... yeah you're gonna have to clarify that.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
Coma

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:52:38 PM

'Serious' and 'bears' are words that should not be combined. Ever.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:54:12 PM

Not sure about 'posotion', but not rethinking my position. If you keep getting swayed every couple of hours you shouldn't really be trading.

Btw, I doubt anybody is full bear. I trade with like 10-20% of my stash, so ....

yogi
Legendary

Activity: 947
Merit: 1042

Hamster ate my bitcoin

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:56:00 PM

No, I'm still shorting the Dollar.

protokol
Legendary

Activity: 1188
Merit: 1016

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:59:12 PM

Not sure about 'posotion', but not rethinking my position. If you keep getting swayed every couple of hours you shouldn't really be trading.

Btw, I doubt anybody is full bear. I trade with like 10-20% of my stash, so ....

heh tbh I'm all in but I'm bullish so that's OK  Grin
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:04:59 PM

Hey everyone,

some people got them for free  ,in tens of thousands
it makes absolutely no differnce to what they are worth now
$1030 on gox atm

when they hit $10,000 people will still be saying i could have bought in at bla bla bla
it makes no differnce ,they are worth what the  ever expanding market will pay for them
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:44:19 PM

Ah, Edward50. You've been a bear since 2011. I remember your early posts!

For example:

Quote from: Edward50
Yes it is finally coming down. It does not make sense at $20. There is no value currenctly in owning this currency other than the long term potential if it does ever make a valid currency.

If you are willing to wait some years and hold it as an investment, it should be priced less than $10 dollars because of the high risk of it failing.

Who ever pays $20 or higher now as a long term investment is way overpaying because of all the risk.

You were right in the short term, very very wrong in the long term.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:26:41 AM

I was about to mention the oxymoron of it but  then I realized that many bears actually take themselves very seriously, in fact too much so.

While being a bear may be basically a form of tantrum, don't tell them that or they'll have an even bigger snit.
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:40:04 AM

I was about to mention the oxymoron of it but  then I realized that many bears actually take themselves very seriously, in fact too much so.

While being a bear may be basically a form of tantrum, don't tell them that or they'll have an even bigger snit.
Being a bear doesn't mean being a perma-bear. Lots of money to be made being a bear at the right time. Calling the right time... that's another matter.
pbody

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:55:59 AM

Bitcoin is volatile enough that bulls and bears can make money. Bears just had one hell of a weekend. Did any of them buy in after the exchange rate dropped about 50%? I hope so...

I see it as the opposite. Bulls would buy in when its low. Bears would think it was crashing to the floor and wait. I'm a believer that bulls win more than bears with bitcoin.

▌▌   Anonymous and Untraceable     ›› ››   DeepOnion  ‹‹ ‹‹     TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED    ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     ANN  Whitepaper  FACEBOOK  Twitter  Youtube  Forum     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▌▌   ••  JOIN AIRDROP 🚀  ••  |||   Download DeepOnion   |||   ✅ Verified with DeepVault    ▌▌
MAbtc

Activity: 826
Merit: 508

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:57:20 AM

Bitcoin is volatile enough that bulls and bears can make money. Bears just had one hell of a weekend. Did any of them buy in after the exchange rate dropped about 50%? I hope so...

I see it as the opposite. Bulls would buy in when its low. Bears would think it was crashing to the floor and wait. I'm a believer that bulls win more than bears with bitcoin.
That is not a bear -- more like a pig. A bear simply thinks the price will fall -- not that it will fall, like, forever.
seriouscoin

Activity: 658

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:19:44 AM

What exactly are bears waiting for then, death?

Greed.

I'm not a bear but i dont think price jumping up 15% in a day is healthy.

superduh

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:22:14 AM

bears or trolls? there seems to be a lot of crazy trolls here.

ok
shmadz
Legendary

Activity: 1512

@theshmadz

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:27:44 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:40:35 AM by shmadz

That is not a bear -- more like a pig. A bear simply thinks the price will fall -- not that it will fall, like, forever.

That part in italics is what I think is most accurate. Bears only hibernate for so long, and when they awaken from hibernation, they are very hungry.

*edit*

Just remembered the OP question and wanted to address that. As a miner, I'm kind of cheating when I play the market, so I can't really claim to be a bear or a bull. If I were a serious bear however, I still would have bought in after it broke a new high from that 720 pennant.

At this moment, any serious bear is obviously waiting for a pullback, or selling what they have at some very nice prices and looking forward to going back into hibernation...  Grin

"You have no moral right to rule us, nor do you possess any methods of enforcement that we have reason to fear." - John Perry Barlow, 1996
superkawaii

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:29:04 AM

Ah, Edward50. You've been a bear since 2011. I remember your early posts!

For example:

Quote from: Edward50
Yes it is finally coming down. It does not make sense at $20. There is no value currenctly in owning this currency other than the long term potential if it does ever make a valid currency.

If you are willing to wait some years and hold it as an investment, it should be priced less than $10 dollars because of the high risk of it failing.

Who ever pays $20 or higher now as a long term investment is way overpaying because of all the risk.

You were right in the short term, very very wrong in the long term.

loool those bears tho
N12
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1010

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:21:39 PM

This thread is the biggest contrarian indicator I have seen to date. Think about it.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:48:23 PM

I'm probably bearish to the point of being a religious freak about it.

And NOTHING has changed my position.

Sure, I'm a bit freaked out from time to time. Who isn't?

But I'm still shorting the dollar hard as hell. The dollar is tanking against the bitcoin.

So, I'm staying out of the fiat market as much as possible.

Edward50 (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:14:04 PM

This thread is the biggest contrarian indicator I have seen to date. Think about it.

I never said I was converting away from being a bear, especially at $1000 dollar bitcoins.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:15:17 PM

I never said I was converting away from being a bear, especially at $1000 dollar bitcoins.

Right. But actions speak louder than anything you say.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: