Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:23:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best pooled minning?  (Read 2596 times)
pitabread

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:34:28 AM

I moved from btcguild after having horrible luck and I agree bitclockers has been pretty good. 
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Desolator

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:35:00 AM

BTCGuild is the best by far.  Here's what you need to realize that apparently the vast majority of people don't understand.  Let's say everyone mines at 1 GH/s Tongue Let's say one pool has 1000 GH/s and another has 2000 and there's only those 2 pools.  You join pool 2 because obviously they have double the chance of finding a block as the first one.  You'll make so much more money!  WRONG.  You're splitting 50 BTC with 200 people twice as often as opposed to splitting 50 BTC with half as many people half as often.  They tie.  No matter what pool you choose, you have exactly the same profitability.

The difference is fees they charge and features they offer.  BTCGuild is the best for that.  I even jacked up my donation so I qualify for e-mail notifications of stalled workers.  That's saved A LOT of lost mining time and paid for itself about 10x over so far.

The biggest pool I know of has important features missing and stores your password in PLAIN TEXT in their database.  Plain freaking text!  And they're the biggest pool!  So I think we know who's the #1 hacker target.
pitabread

Activity: 16

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:45:07 AM

BTCGuild is the best by far.  Here's what you need to realize that apparently the vast majority of people don't understand.  Let's say everyone mines at 1 GH/s Tongue Let's say one pool has 1000 GH/s and another has 2000 and there's only those 2 pools.  You join pool 2 because obviously they have double the chance of finding a block as the first one.  You'll make so much more money!  WRONG.  You're splitting 50 BTC with 200 people twice as often as opposed to splitting 50 BTC with half as many people half as often.  They tie.  No matter what pool you choose, you have exactly the same profitability.

The difference is fees they charge and features they offer.  BTCGuild is the best for that.  I even jacked up my donation so I qualify for e-mail notifications of stalled workers.  That's saved A LOT of lost mining time and paid for itself about 10x over so far.

The biggest pool I know of has important features missing and stores your password in PLAIN TEXT in their database.  Plain freaking text!  And they're the biggest pool!  So I think we know who's the #1 hacker target.

You also get a smaller piece of the pie compared to guys who generate much higher Hashs.  If you luck out on the smaller pools you gain more as the pay out will be higher.  Arsbitcoin has been pretty decent since their payout system (PPS) is different.
scoterkillen

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 01:56:54 PM

The one I use is deepbit. It's working good for me Smiley
Desolator

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:38:28 PM

You also get a smaller piece of the pie compared to guys who generate much higher Hashs.  If you luck out on the smaller pools you gain more as the pay out will be higher.  Arsbitcoin has been pretty decent since their payout system (PPS) is different.

I think that's another myth.  If you're mining at 100 MH/s and someone else in your pool is mining at 300 MH/s, it doesn't matter if the block is found in 1 minute or 10 minutes, he's getting 75% and you're getting 25% no matter what.  There's no bonus as far as I know to being the person who actually found the block.
SomeoneWeird

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:40:21 PM

I think that's another myth.  If you're mining at 100 MH/s and someone else in your pool is mining at 300 MH/s, it doesn't matter if the block is found in 1 minute or 10 minutes, he's getting 75% and you're getting 25% no matter what.  There's no bonus as far as I know to being the person who actually found the block.

Depends on the pool.
Desolator

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 04:19:29 PM

By the way, with the aggressive marketing, the style of the website and typical type of member there, and the size of it, bitclockers are pretty likely to be the ones behind DDOSing the other pools.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.
airdata

Activity: 1148
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:13:01 PM

By the way, with the aggressive marketing, the style of the website and typical type of member there, and the size of it, bitclockers are pretty likely to be the ones behind DDOSing the other pools.  Just thought I'd throw that out there.

LOL.

No other way to respond to that except a kind LOL.  Good luck with your pool hopping or whatever you like to do.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
......swap...Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
...MVP LIVE...
coinhammer

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 07:59:52 PM

Having spent weeks in the bitclockers chat channel, I think you are either kidding or trolling. Its a pretty laid back and extremely helpful crowd. Do you have anything tangible to back your conjecture?
hawks5999

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 08:18:33 PM

LOL.

No other way to respond to that except a kind LOL.  Good luck with your pool hopping or whatever you like to do.

As a hopper and supporter of BitClockers (a very great, strong and growing pool), I can attest that Desolator is not part of the community of hoppers. His statement here is straight bollocks and I will vouch that V2-V3, Backburn, et al from BitClockers are standup guys and are not engaging in any sort of DDOS activity.

■ ▄▄▄
■ ███
■ ■  ■               
LEDGER  WALLET    ████
■■■ ORDER NOW! ■■■
              LEDGER WALLET
Smartcard security for your BTCitcoins
■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■
Decentralized. Open. Secure.
Desolator

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:58:21 PM

Sounds like the kind of reply I was expecting.  So it's a really technical pool that;s sort of just starting out and is only at about 200GH/s.  The only reason people would have to switch to it is image and that image is long time informal tech expert/overcolocker/gamers which are famous for their wonderful social skills and sense of morals and internet politeness of course.  I definitely got the impression that they were a bunch of angry, arrogant, antisocial people over there just based on posts here and tada, here you are proving it.  What's most incredible is the discrepancy between how good your pool is and how good you pretend it is.

Btw, no, I don't pool hop.  If BTCGuild is down (thanks to assholes) I mine at Deepbit but that's about it and I usually lose a few hours before noticing so that's practically the opposite.

There is absolutely no reason for someone to DDOS another perfectly legit pool unless they're trying to eliminate competition.  Who's the most competitive pool with the poorest GH/s numbers and is filled with arrogant, hyper-geeky folks with bad attitudes who constantly rip on BTCGuild on the forum?  That'd be the fine people over at bitclockers.  Hmmm high technical knowledge members and a ridiculously passionate push to get people to mine there and angry, petty reps from there posting here...kinda the DDOSer profile.

If you have a competing theory complete with motive and suspects on why BTCGuild is being DDOSed, I'd love to hear it otherwise the prime suspect is pretty clear atm.
coinhammer

Activity: 62
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 09:40:57 PM
Last edit: August 19, 2011, 09:51:52 PM by coinhammer

Seriously, spend some time in their chat channel. Bitclockers was one of my starting pools when I was learning about BTC mining, and they were amazingly helpful and patient. Also, they've been hit with DDOS attacks as well, I experienced two of them. Oh and "ridiculously passionate push"?! Its a really laid back bunch of folks, not sure where you got all your vitriol and conjecture. I tried BTCGuild and Deepbit, and BTCGuild was fine but they had some really crap luck (the kind that bitclockers are having atm), and Deepbit just rubbed me the wrong way and for the little time I was there generated the least BTC of all the pools I tried. Currently I am split between Bitclockers and Eligious. Are you going to spew some hate about Eligious as well? heh heh

Regards,
CoinHammer

P.S. Just thought of one more thing, if you really want to speculate about who is behind DDOS attacks - I am guessing its the zombie herders running the botnets - in fact I think one of the DDOS attacks on Bitclockers occured shortly after they implemented a filter that essentially blocked high noise CPU miners most of which use zombified systems.
Ashkelon

Activity: 188

View Profile
August 20, 2011, 11:24:09 AM

I've been using slush for a few weeks, no complaints on this end. however, could someone explain how no-variance pools actually work? I had a look at the ars page and it reads to me like the owner is making a healthy profit on the excess...

dominus mysteria
Desolator

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 07:41:25 AM

There are a couple things that need explaining perhaps. Firstly, past events do not influence future results in random systems so luck doesn't exist over the long term.  No one pool is generally or permanently luckier than another and choosing a pool based on past "luck" performance is stupid.

Also, a botnet would obviously use their own pool that they set up instead of placing the entire operation in the hands of another pool that they have no control over, which could easily and rightfully seize all their BTC when they realize that there's like 1000 workers all at low speeds and from different IPs.

And third, if they did mine there and then got banned, they have no reason to DDOS them.  It serves no purpose and accomplishes nothing but wasting computing resources.  What are they, hoping BTCGuild will give up and change their mind and un-ban them?  Hell no!  Also, nobody has reported DDOS capable functions found alongside the mining trojan.
Shigematsu

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 21, 2011, 06:02:28 PM

Lol, can anyone help me with getting started on bitcoins? O.O
lijji

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 03:15:13 AM

1.1 g/hps @ deepbit

pirateat40
Avast Ye!

Activity: 378

"Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late."

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2011, 03:38:56 AM

BTC Guild is my hangout spot.

mute20 (OP)

Activity: 265

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 02:33:30 PM

I have switched my main pool to arsbitcoin after trying it out. You can literally have no fees and get paid more than deepbit. One bad point is that it will take maybe a day or two to get paid.
digital

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 03:20:03 PM

I've tried deepbit, btcguild, and slush.  Each over an extended period of time.  From my experience slush offers the best and most reliable payouts over time.  Slush is definitely the best for someone who's gonna set it and forget it.  If your hopping, or only mine for a short time each day, then slush wouldn't be a good idea...

If I help you out: 17QatvSdciyv2zsdAbphDEUzST1S6x46c3
References (bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=): 50051.20  50051.100  53668.0  53788.0  53571.0  53571.0  52212.0  50729.0  114804.0  115468  78106  69061  58572  54747
Absentis

Activity: 129

View Profile
August 22, 2011, 07:17:40 PM

As a redditor I really wanted MTRed to be a good pool, but I haven't seen good results from it. Maybe it was just a bad time for the period that I tried it out.

Most recently I've been using deepbit and I find it to give me consistent and high payouts. On the other hand, it is the largest of the pools and it's probably not a good idea to grow it larger than 50% of the total pooled mining power out there.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: