Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:31:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Which poster on this speculation board has been most consistently WRONG?  (Read 1241 times)
gabriella (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:52:26 PM

i want to bet AGAINST them and make money.
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:53:40 PM

Edward50 has been talking about Bitcoin bubbles since 2011, and he's still here. If you listened to him, you would have missed out on 500x price growth.
traderCJ

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:55:37 PM

If you look at the discrepancy between the speculated value and actual value of BTC, it would have to be someone who is consistently bearish, because the market has been consistently bullish.  So, start with the biggest, meanest perma-bear here Smiley
imperi

Activity: 196
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:58:32 PM

The great Edward50:

Quote from: Edward50
What surprises me about the bitcoin price is how well it is holding around $13 dollars. I guess most bitcoin holders are rich tech savy people, who would rather sit with their coins to their death rather than sell them.

This is probably the reason why the price has not fallen. I can see this going on for a while, and bitcoin holders have already tasted the $20+ dollar range. Most are insane and blind enough in the idea to think each bitcoin is worth a small country. And shit, if I actually owned even 1 bitcoin, maybe I would be insane and blind also. Who does not want to be filthy rich.

Scaracity and hoarding is the only tool that bitcoin bulls have.

Most people interested in buying know that the bitcoin is not worth even worth $13 dollars a coin. They will be much more careful with their dollars.

So the price will be up to the horders not giving in and selling too cheaply. It will not be up to people actually needing or demanding bitcoin for any useful purpose.

I say in the end the price will be lower because every day there are still thousands of bitcoins being produced. With each passing day it will be a test on how long can you hold out when it becomes more obvious that the price is not going any higher.
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 12:00:18 AM

Reverse barometers are often the best indications.

Be aware that many of those exposing the demise of bitcoin are actually heavily invested in bitcoin.  They are plugging for the price to drop temporarily so that they can buy more bitcoin on the cheap.

This is a classic guerrilla technique that indicates, for the savvy BitCoiner such as you and I, that the demand for Bitcoin remains high.

In fact, we hope to see these types of shenanigans because they mean we are onto something good.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
traderCJ

Activity: 280

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:01:44 AM

The great Edward50:

What surprises me about the bitcoin price is how well it is holding around $13 dollars. I guess most bitcoin holders are rich tech savy people, who would rather sit with their coins to their death rather than sell them.

This is probably the reason why the price has not fallen. I can see this going on for a while, and bitcoin holders have already tasted the $20+ dollar range. Most are insane and blind enough in the idea to think each bitcoin is worth a small country. And shit, if I actually owned even 1 bitcoin, maybe I would be insane and blind also. Who does not want to be filthy rich.

Most people interested in buying know that the bitcoin is not worth even worth $13 dollars a coin. They will be much more careful with their dollars.

So the price will be up to the horders not giving in and selling too cheaply. It will not be up to people actually needing or demanding bitcoin for any useful purpose.

I say in the end the price will be lower because every day there are still thousands of bitcoins being produced. With each passing day it will be a test on how long can you hold out when it becomes more obvious that the price is not going any higher.

Does Ed own any BTC?  If he doesn't, then no wonder he's so fucking pissed seeing as how he's been around since the $13 days.  He could have been retired by now.
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:09:53 AM

<- me!
BittBurger

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:37:01 AM

"revans"

Owner: "The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
View it on the Blockchain | Genesis Block Newspaper Copies
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 01:41:20 AM

all the professional trolls?

ok
Edward50

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:31:59 AM

The great Edward50:

When I wrote this above it was in 2011, the price was $13 and from that point it fell all the way down to $2.01. In 2013 the price was still $13.

I would like to say that I was almost always correct in my predictions. During my most active time in 2011 early 2012, I watched the price head from $30 to $2.01. I was actually online at the time on mt gox watching it at 2.01. My prediction was it was going to stabilize around $1.00. I based my price on the fact that it was just pennies not months before it hit $30. Many people sitting on thousands of coins at that time. Plus I based it on many other factors also.

When it did not go down to $1.00 like I expected I figured I would wait for it to stabilize and after a few weeks it actually rose higher than $3.00 or so. I was kind of pissed that it didn't fall to $1.00 so I just stopped dealing with bitcoin all together. Removed the bookmarks from my web browser so not to remind me of it.

It was stupid that I did that. During 2012 and early 2013 I have been meaning to get involved with it again in the low double digits, but I just put it off. I have been making lots of Fiat dollars during this time also.

Another stupid thing was I was sitting on so much cash and have been thinking about how to invest it. I did not even think about bitcoin at that time.

But lets face it. Bitcion was around $12 dollars in early 2013. I wouldn't call that such a great rise from where we were at in 2011.

When I wrote that comment about $13 being ridiculous in 2011 and it would go lower, well, 2013 it was still $13. SO I was right during that time. I wasn't around in 2013 to see how things have progressed to say if I was bullish or bearish at that time and I would have been bullish because $13 was a stable price.

I am sure in most of 2012 bitcoin could have been bought for well under $13.

So I was right when I made those comments in 2011 and early 2012. Right after it rebounded from $2.01 I stopped being active and never wrote after that point because I missed my buy in. I was going to invest bit at $1.00.

Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless — like water. Now you put water in a cup, it becomes the cup; You put water into a bottle it becomes the bottle; You put it in a teapot it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.
RenegadeMind
Copper Member

Activity: 1380
Merit: 504

THINK IT, BUILD IT, PLAY IT! --- XAYA

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 07:59:33 AM

Mr. Bear.

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 09:45:22 AM

I lol'd when I read this bit Cheesy
spin

Activity: 362
Merit: 261

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:05:43 AM

The great Edward50:

When I wrote this above it was in 2011, the price was $13 and from that point it fell all the way down to $2.01. In 2013 the price was still $13.

I would like to say that I was almost always correct in my predictions. During my most active time in 2011 early 2012, I watched the price head from $30 to $2.01. I was actually online at the time on mt gox watching it at 2.01. My prediction was it was going to stabilize around $1.00. I based my price on the fact that it was just pennies not months before it hit $30. Many people sitting on thousands of coins at that time. Plus I based it on many other factors also.

When it did not go down to $1.00 like I expected I figured I would wait for it to stabilize and after a few weeks it actually rose higher than $3.00 or so. I was kind of pissed that it didn't fall to $1.00 so I just stopped dealing with bitcoin all together. Removed the bookmarks from my web browser so not to remind me of it.

It was stupid that I did that. During 2012 and early 2013 I have been meaning to get involved with it again in the low double digits, but I just put it off. I have been making lots of Fiat dollars during this time also.

Another stupid thing was I was sitting on so much cash and have been thinking about how to invest it. I did not even think about bitcoin at that time.

But lets face it. Bitcion was around $12 dollars in early 2013. I wouldn't call that such a great rise from where we were at in 2011.

When I wrote that comment about $13 being ridiculous in 2011 and it would go lower, well, 2013 it was still $13. SO I was right during that time. I wasn't around in 2013 to see how things have progressed to say if I was bullish or bearish at that time and I would have been bullish because $13 was a stable price.

So I was right when I made those comments in 2011 and early 2012. Right after it rebounded from $2.01 I stopped being active and never wrote after that point because I missed my buy in. I was going to invest bit at $1.00.

Good, honest reply I think. 

If you liked this post buy me a beer.  Beers are quite cheap where I live!
bc1q707guwp9pc73r08jw23lvecpywtazjjk399daa
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:44:52 AM

i want to bet AGAINST them and make money.

I don't know of any bitcoin bear who has any money left to bet, so sorry, you are out of luck (and in a long line too).

i am satoshi
Teal Deer

Activity: 714

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 12:30:35 PM

Reverse barometers are often the best indications.

Be aware that many of those exposing the demise of bitcoin are actually heavily invested in bitcoin.  They are plugging for the price to drop temporarily so that they can buy more bitcoin on the cheap.

This is a classic guerrilla technique that indicates, for the savvy BitCoiner such as you and I, that the demand for Bitcoin remains high.

In fact, we hope to see these types of shenanigans because they mean we are onto something good.

= if they say the price is going down, it's going up. If they say the price is going up, it's going up  Cheesy
Okurkabinladin

Activity: 574
Merit: 506

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:23:57 PM

The great Edward50:

You sure missed buy in, thats about the only thing I agree with you about.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: