Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:04:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Help deciding on a miner BFL OR Friedcat  (Read 1919 times)
kovert (OP)

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:56:16 PM

I can afford a 25ghs from bfl shipping immediately

or a 38GH/S Friedcat Black Erupter Bitcoin Miners Erupter Asic from alibaba China ( Good feedback )

could anyone give me a hand deciding I have read the storys from bfl . But this saying shipping immediately

The other is from china

want to know which would be a better deal money wise they are pretty much the same 1200 dollars

Iam in the UK BTW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Noogsy

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:51:28 AM

Whatever you do, your life will be better, if you never have to deal with BFL.
Honestly.

---
Cheers
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:01:20 AM

Best buy... BitMain AntMiner.
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:42:39 AM

Best buy... BitMain AntMiner.

I wish I could afford that but only have around 1200 to invest at the mo
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:44:32 AM

Save your money,wait till the end of dec or early jan.

Asicminer & BFL are both overpriced & power hungry.Asicminer can be a pain to setup too & failure rates are higher than I like.BFL has issues too,but are easy to setup on BFGminer.

Bitmain is over $4000,so not in the price range  Roll Eyes  Unless the USB sticks are priced decently,not counting on it though  Roll Eyes

BlackArrow & maybe 1-2 others should have something to show by then,like a chip or even a protoboard working.

I'm in the same boat,got money/BTC to spend,but I'm holding out for 28nm or very power conservative 55nm at that time.

Heck,Barntech MAY make another Bitfury run,or technobit may too  Wink

Keep looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:40:09 AM

Nice 1 I think i will listen to your advice. I like the idea of the black arrow but would rather the product be in hand I dont mind paying a bit more rather than the gamble it will turn up.

I thought to have something till that turns up I know I could buy the BFL keep it for a few months and flog it on the Bay

Rather deal with bfl than someone who suddenly carnt speak my language I got burnt on some phones a few months back

should have learned me lesson

Decisions Decisions

Cheers for the advice
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:46:34 AM

here bud i just looked up techno bit

http://technobit.eu/index.php?id_product=58&controller=product&id_lang=1

Is that a fully assembled miner?

Cheers if it is I will buy this piece of kit
Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:33:48 AM

They also have Gen2 Avalon that's cheaper.The only thing is you won't get either of them till Jan..........or later  Sad

Read carefully,to see if chips are included,they mainly do assembly.

Not much out there that's decently priced right now.You'll never get your money back in time to get in on the better 28nm stuff.................................

Hate to say it but,best to wait.If you can fix electronics,you could look for broken miners maybe  Wink

I'm just waiting for proof,then I'll order something.Yeah it sucks,but............I ain't wasteing my money/BTC  Wink

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 11:47:03 AM

just sent them a message

Cheers for the advice
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:18:45 PM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 02:29:42 PM by J_Dubbs

You guys should bone up on economics and decision-making strategy. This idea that you should wait it out is seriously flawed because nobody has a clue what the future value of BTC will be. "Wait and see" actually IS a decision and with it comes the risk and opportunity cost that your money might not buy shit in two months when it comes to mining gear, and you are missing out on lower-difficulty mining right now while waiting.

My $0.02 is you make decisions based on what is known, not put them off because of what might be. You take a "wait and see" approach you better hope BTC trades sideways until you make a move, because everything being discussed right now is in terms of present day value. If BTC moves up according to trend your present-day dollars will likely be priced out at a future date. While you wait the world will be turning...
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:34:52 PM

I would recommend avoiding any Butterfly Labs products altogether based on their long established history as documented here on the forums.

Your options to receive product in reasonable time are Antminer 180Ghs units for 4.25 BTC or 30ghs cubes from Asicminer for 1 BTC.

Personally, I would throw money at Bitmain at this time. They have a great product. Already own 3 of their units, with 2 more on the way.
B_ReaLm

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:36:43 PM

I do not recommend BFL.  I am sure they somewhat better than they have shown, but from my experience (I have a 60Gh/s Asic) they are not good to deal with.  Bad support in my opinion.  If you don't believe me, see how the last pre-order went.  However, I am sure that people are having success with BFL products.  I would go with a different company.
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:14:05 PM

Could you give me a link to the Bitmain 30ghs Miner Please.

Too true I would rather buy now than wait till Then hopefully I will just upgrade anyway when the next gen comes out. I have read all the scare storys about BFL just that it states ready to ship BUT the prices are steep.

Would like a black arrow but will wait rather than pre order the best i have come up with is the Techno Bit 16B but thats a pre Order AAAAGHHHH

Gonna stick with me usb sticks LOL

Any help most appreciated

Ive only been mining two weeks This is an expensive hobby
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:24:50 PM

30ghs cubes from Asicminer for 1 BTC.

are these that

If so thats what I was looking at I can get that for £800 Ish

Anyone mine with these?
Xian01
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067

Christian Antkow

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:44:49 PM

If so thats what I was looking at I can get that for £800 Ish
Anyone mine with these?

Currently running six of these guys, purchased via CanaryInTheMine.
kovert (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:54:14 PM

I might take a gamble then .. All my gear that i have brought so far has doubled in value Trade up I think

Thanks
hieroglyph

Activity: 70

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 04:28:54 PM

I'll give my honest opinion on this matter.  Simply put I'd suggest you don't do business with BFL.  Not because I've had a bad experience with them personally but because I've seen so many customer complaints about them on this forum.

joeventura

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 08:39:08 PM

Alibaba?

Are you serious?

has anyone ever bought anything Bitcoin related on Alibaba and actually received it?

Its a den of thieves!!!
superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:44:06 PM

friends don't let friends by BFL !

ok
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 01:20:16 AM

Alibaba?

Are you serious?

has anyone ever bought anything Bitcoin related on Alibaba and actually received it?

Its a den of thieves!!!

Not bitcoin related, but I've bought a number of other items on alibaba and aliexpress.  Usually the item is delivered with no problem.

If the couple cases where there was a problem I got a full refund.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: