Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 10:22:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [wtb] power hungry asics bfl fpga, bfl mini-rig, bfl single  (Read 2056 times)
miaviator (OP)
Donator

Activity: 686
Merit: 519

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:35:45 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 04:17:05 PM by miaviator

EDIT: also corsair AX1200 PSU's

I can host them for the next one or two diff windows as a part of payment to increase the price.

These should be one good (hash fast) asic shipment away from costing more in hosting and power than they produce.

I'm not interested in paying more than they will make over 90 days or more than equivalent available $/b/hash so a 60g bfl isn't worth 10b.

Pm or post.

allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:04:23 AM

You potentially interested in Avalon hardware? (a mix of batch 2 and batch 3 design)

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:32:31 PM

You potentially interested in Avalon hardware? (a mix of batch 2 and batch 3 design)

If it hashes I'm interested.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 03:09:42 PM

Out of curiosity what would you offer per unit for Avalon batch 2 units hashing currently at 71 GH never overclocked.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 04:09:12 PM

Out of curiosity what would you offer per unit for Avalon batch 2 units hashing currently at 71 GH never overclocked.

71Ghash, I'd have to check if they work like asics or gpus IE how much maintenance they require. 

Under 2BTC but I don't have an exact figure.  How much power do they draw, space do they take, and supporting hardware do they require? 

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 08:10:21 PM

71Ghash, I'd have to check if they work like asics or gpus IE how much maintenance they require. 

Under 2BTC but I don't have an exact figure.  How much power do they draw, space do they take, and supporting hardware do they require? 

They are very robust and require nearly no maintenance (except maybe a dust cleaning once in a while if you are in a very dusty environment). They consume 650 watts at 120V running at 300 MHz which outputs ~71GH. You can overclock them to 350 and perhaps higher if you can cool them low enough. Potentially overclocked and with a bigger PSU you can run them at 110 GH.

These are standalone units so they do not require any PC or other device to run CGminer or other mining software to mine. They have a builtin tp-link router that runs a custom firmware with cgminer built in. They are fully accessible via a web interface like any standard router. For more details google "Avalon Wiki"

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 09:57:09 PM

They are very robust and require nearly no maintenance (except maybe a dust cleaning once in a while if you are in a very dusty environment). They consume 650 watts at 120V running at 300 MHz which outputs ~71GH. You can overclock them to 350 and perhaps higher if you can cool them low enough. Potentially overclocked and with a bigger PSU you can run them at 110 GH.

These are standalone units so they do not require any PC or other device to run CGminer or other mining software to mine. They have a builtin tp-link router that runs a custom firmware with cgminer built in. They are fully accessible via a web interface like any standard router. For more details google "Avalon Wiki"

I usually run Corsair AX1200's at 71F with hepa filtration so this sounds fun.  Do you have a picture and a price in mind? 1.4BTCish?

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:07:21 AM

I can provide you with pictures of one of my units as a sample. I'd honestly like to get 1.8 btc per unit so I can replace the entire hashing power of 5 with 2 antminers which are far more power efficient.

I'm also wondering where exactly are you located. Shipping these is not going to be fun, but it's doable.

FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:05:02 PM

I can provide you with pictures of one of my units as a sample. I'd honestly like to get 1.8 btc per unit so I can replace the entire hashing power of 5 with 2 antminers which are far more power efficient.

I'm also wondering where exactly are you located. Shipping these is not going to be fun, but it's doable.

I'm located in the UK if you are as well i'd be willing to drive to you to pick up devices for 1.5BTC each? 

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:02:23 PM

Give it a few diff windows or one massive asic shipment and you'll ready to offload these or smash them with a hammer.

I'm in Florida, Texas, Michigan and Nevada for hosting.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:26:09 PM

I'm located in the UK if you are as well i'd be willing to drive to you to pick up devices for 1.5BTC each? 

Sorry FuzzyBear, I'm in Canada, so unless you want to fly over here pickup is not a realistic scenario.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:27:19 PM

Give it a few diff windows or one massive asic shipment and you'll ready to offload these or smash them with a hammer.

1.6? then. I'm located right across from Detroit so if you want to have someone pick them up that can be arranged.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 03:49:25 PM

1.6? then. I'm located right across from Detroit so if you want to have someone pick them up that can be arranged.

In February I'll pay you shipping.  I could just host it from now until the giant diff window and give you all the mining profits.  Then pay you when the big diff jump of 2014 happens and it would have been unprofitable for you to keep it.

1.19653BTC-1.30427BTC

http://btcinvest.net/en/bitcoin-mining-profit-calculator.php?diff=908350862.43702&dcosts=1.6&diff_mincrease=30&blpbtc=25&dhsmhs=60000&diff_mincreasedecrease=0.1&btcusd=1&dpowcon=2500&btcusd_mincrease=0&pcost=0&calcweeks=6&dleadtime=0&action=calc#

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 02:59:47 AM

Hmm, not sure if it would be worth the effort to drive the heavy beasts over to your hosting facility in Michigan. First off I do not have any vehicle that could handle all the units at once, and second it could pose some problems at the border I would think. So i'd prefer to just sell them. I started a for sale thread in the computer hardware subforum so I think I'll just sell them one by one on a first come basis preferably to someone who can pick them up or someone in Canada.

allinvain
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 06:17:46 PM

Hey, just wanted to let you know that I sold all my avalon miners, but I'm sure you will find other people to sell you theirs. I can put you in contact with a forum member that might have a lot of them.

cannachris

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

cats love crypto | 911 truth @checktheevidence.com

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 04:21:27 PM

I'm very interested in power-hungry miners as well since I'm on a fixed power bill. I'm located in The Netherlands. Please PM me, I'll buy avalon gen1 stuff or anything that hashes.

miaviator (OP)
Donator

It's for the children!

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 06:30:17 PM

Buyers be crazy....

New Thread created: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=376130.0

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: