Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:08:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Student loan of 1000$; What currency would YOU invest in?  (Read 1261 times)
Bitcoin-hotep

Activity: 308
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:01:51 AM

Doge coin is about to explode it was made 3 days ago and is more popular than most altcoins already

qwerty77

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:20:05 PM

I personally would not invest any cent I couldn't spare completely. So if the money is not even yours (-->loan), I would not even consider to play russian roulette with it.
Don't forget there is a chance you could lose all your money, so don't invest if you depend on it!
Affinity_M

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:36:17 PM

Speculating with small amounts of borrowed money will get you nowhere. In your case, investing in your education is the way to go - attend a language course, learn a skill, etc. It may not be as exciting as dumping all the money into a "get-rich-quick" scheme, but it is almost certain to provide you with a greater return in the long run.
wearepoor

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:41:09 PM

Speculating with small amounts of borrowed money will get you nowhere. In your case, investing in your education is the way to go - attend a language course, learn a skill, etc. It may not be as exciting as dumping all the money into a "get-rich-quick" scheme, but it is almost certain to provide you with a greater return in the long run.

I believe the loan will be paid after his studies ended and he is employed. So if he spend it now, it doesnt matter if for new phone/comp or Bitcoin
miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:06:13 PM

Its not too late to start Litecoin mining. It is still done with GPUs, so I would definitely go for that. But thats just me.
madjules007

Activity: 400
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:12:35 PM

Don't do it, investing in any cryptocurrency right now with borrowed money is just asking for trouble.

I'd say it would be better to invest in a cheap 1 or 2 gpu mining rig (single R9 280x or dual 7950 if you can find them) and mine the currency of your choice. Even if BTC goes to 0, you could still part it out or use it as a gaming machine  Smiley

Good advice. An investment to start out with but it should earn itself back pretty soon enough. After that you can build up some "own" money to start speculating. If it goes wrong on your first few crypto investments, it's all gone and you'll be stuck feeling very bad about it.

██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
RISE
Ethan1581

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:25:03 PM

I have done some trading in alt coin and made some very small profts (i have about 200 dollars worth of BTC) so you could make a ok amount of money from that.
The 4ner
aka newbitcoinqtuser

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

R.I.P Silk Road 1.0

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:26:26 PM

Taking a student loan of 1000$ dollars today. Im the gambling type, so decided that investing it to various crypto-currencies would be a better idea than to use it for something like a new phone/computer or even better food than the usual tuna&noodels Grin

What currencies would you buy, as a poor student for 1000$ and why?

PS. Majoring in Finance and Marketing, so this decision is actually is against everything I've learnt in school  Grin

I'd probably use about 25% of that to purchase Bitcoin and have the rest invested in Litecoin.
Fraxinus
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:56:58 PM

Don't loan to invest is such volatile currency's

Only spend what u can miss

tompa555

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:04:28 PM

Beter invest in litecoin cause right now price is around 30 $. If crypto currencies get more financial peace of cake you can profit.

♔ PrimeDice.com | The Best Way To Roll ! | Free BTC Faucet | Instant Play & Chat  [Thread] @PrimeDice
Donations are more than welcome: BTC: 19KKRcKJsFVTCzspXvhTYULrAecB7cvJDy DODGE: DP4etPsqasN1y8pkbh8HNiococh7izgEQy
Baleinium

Activity: 49

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:05:03 PM

Litecoin seems to me to be a very good long-term bet because it's creator is a very wellknown and respected member of the crypto community. Perhaps a good idea would be to spend 50% in Bitcoins, 30-40% in Litecoins and a few % in a smaller altcoin. Personally I find Sexcoins interesting because of the targeted demographics but I can't give recommendations on that because it's far to volatile. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: